Author Topic: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 56186 times)

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
Re: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2020, 08:46:40 AM »
Byron, if you have a db to reproduce the above it may help. Any mods or db edits involved?

Do not have the DB but can confirm the same thing happened to me:

1- Design a missile ship with 2 or more FCs (each with ECCM - you might test without for completeness). My ships also had a BFC for gauss weapons set to final defensive
2- Have a certain amount of missile tubes (exact number doesn't matter but I had an even count for symmetry)
3- Use auto-assign FC on that ship

In my case I had a ship with 20 tubes and 2 MFCs, what happened is that the ECCM was fine, but for some reason only the 1st 5 leunchers were assigned to MFC1 and tubes 5-10 were assigned to MFC2. For some reason tubes 19-20 were visible under unassigned launchers but 11-18 were rendered invisible in the UI.

I resolved this problem by manual assignment on another ship of the same class and using the class assignment button, this correctly assigned all weapons on the affected ship.

Note: I also have AMM ships with 30 tubes and 2 MFCs. For some reason this bug did not happen on MFCs that auto-assign designates point defence modes for.

Added ECCM and BFC, still failing to reproduce. There was a bug just like this one fixed for the latest patch. Did you see this happen in v1.11.0?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2020, 08:52:59 AM »
Did you see this happen in v1.11.0?

Yes sir. I got the DB here. You want to look at TG1: 1st Missile Group, there are two CGs, HSS Eagle and HSS Republic. Go to any of those and press "auto assign FC" you will notice that some of the assigned launchers will vanish.

2 will appear in unnasigned, there will be 6 assigned to each MFC, that gives 14 launchers on a 20 launcher ship. I think the game is trying to assign the other 6 launchers to the BFC (an even split if there were 3 MFCs) which of course is causing issues.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 08:58:47 AM by Droll »

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2020, 08:56:16 AM »
Byron, if you have a db to reproduce the above it may help. Any mods or db edits involved?
No mods or DB edits.  Everything is pretty much normal.
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2020, 09:06:01 AM »
Yes sir. I got the DB here. You want to look at TG1: 1st Missile Group, there are two CGs, HSS Eagle and HSS Republic. Go to any of those and press "auto assign FC" you will notice that some of the assigned launchers will vanish.

2 will appear in unnasigned, there will be 6 assigned to each MFC, that gives 14 launchers on a 20 launcher ship. I think the game is trying to assign the other 6 launchers to the BFC (an even split if there were 3 MFCs) which of course is causing issues.

Thanks, db made it much easier. Will tinker some more with your ship then report it.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2020, 09:16:13 AM »

Thanks, db made it much easier. Will tinker some more with your ship then report it.

You might also try messing around with the DDG Guardian and FFG Phalanx classes - those are my AMM Destroyer and AMM Frigate classes respectively they also have a 2 MFC 1 BFC layout.

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2020, 09:25:48 AM »

You might also try messing around with the DDG Guardian and FFG Phalanx classes - those are my AMM Destroyer and AMM Frigate classes respectively they also have a 2 MFC 1 BFC layout.

I guess this bug is essentially the same issue that caused http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11565.msg135426#msg135426. Since you have 2 different types of ECCM, and the one being chosen has only 1, so it confuses the auto assignment.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2020, 11:31:59 AM »

I guess this bug is essentially the same issue that caused http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11565.msg135426#msg135426. Since you have 2 different types of ECCM, and the one being chosen has only 1, so it confuses the auto assignment.

Its seems like the missile lanuchers are distributed according to the number of ECCMs instead of the number of MFCs. Doesn't explain why it doesn't happen on AMMs tho.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2020, 11:55:41 AM »
Beams are bugged as well in Auto Assign FC. Design has 6 railguns, 8 missile launchers, 2 gauss turrets and 2 ECCMs. This happens with auto assign:

12 railguns, only 4 launchers, 2 turrets and 1 ECCM.

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2020, 07:33:39 PM »
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: Transit Failure JT3K1 cannot carry out a transit as there is no available jump drive capable of allowing the fleet's military-engined ships to enter the jump point
The window affected: Naval Organization
What you were doing at the time: Attempting to standard transit a fleet.
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: random
Is your decimal separator a comma?: '.'
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Trivial

Sub-fleets can't use the parent fleet's jump tenders for a standard transit.  Flattening into a single fleet allows transit but loses fleet structure.Edit:Flattening isn't working either, yet I'm certain I got it to work. ???

There also does not appear to be any indicator for jump shock.

Not sure if this is WAI or not, but "Self-only" jump drives can act as jump tenders and jump buddies for standard transits.  They are only prevented from buddying for squadron transits.

Edit2: I'm going to have to !!SCIENCE!! this a bit.  Sorry about the noise.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 01:08:38 PM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2020, 08:02:25 PM »

Seems like Bughunter is going to become even more familiar with my missile cruisers. See this DB is from the game you've already seen but now I've come across two randomly generated NPRs (starting no. was 0) in the system Alpha Mensae. Pretty cool that two spawned sharing the same planet but thats besides the point.

Relations soured and now I am at war and am winning - to the point where I'm lobbing missiles at their shipyards. This is where the bug begins.

Upon launch the missiles immediately lose their target, despite being in their parent vessels active active range, thankfully the missiles have onboard active sensors (27m range) so they keep flying towards their target.
Except they don't fly towards their target - they go straight for the primary star (only star in the system) of Alpha Mensae which also happens to be in range. Once they reach the star they explode and somehow manage to hit the shipyards, the energy impact is even in the correct location (the shipyards) but for some reason they are flying to the sun. Note that because there are two NPRs that spawned on the same body, there are two sets of shipyards.

To reproduce load up the DB, go to Alpha Mensae - some missiles are already in flight with the cruisers already on orders to empty their mags, run and observe.

Confirmed
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 04:11:01 AM by Bughunter »

Offline Malorn

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2020, 05:51:55 AM »

I'm playing an odd sort of game, which involved losing my homeworld. When I did this it seems to have broken a lot of things. Civilians no longer spawn, at all. My naval HQ on the planet I fled to is not showing up in the list, in fact there are no naval HQ's in the list for me to select. At this point, this appears to be a bug, I hope? Attached DB.

Confirm bug easily by looking at planet haven, has 3 naval HQs, one sector command, then attempt to make a new naval command, notice that there are no populations or systems showing up as 'in range'.

Reported
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 09:35:20 AM by Bughunter »

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2020, 08:46:23 AM »
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Main screen
What you were doing at the time: Stabilizing Lagrange point in Alpha Centauri
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma?: no
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: unknown, possibly one off
Campaign length: Continuation of imperium campaign

I have stabilized a planetary Lagrange point in Alpha Centauri for planet B VI, but the location of the Lagrange point does not seem to match the normal position of Lagrange points. The new Lagrange point appears approximately 120 to 150 degrees around the orbit (nearly on the opposite side), normally they are about 60 degrees round, see attached image.

A quick check of wikipedia shows that the 60 degree position is normal. Additionally there are several other stable Lagrange points in the game, all of which appear to be around the 60 degree point, several others in Alpha Centauri, 3 in Sol, 3 in Kapteyn's star, 2 in Helios.

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether this particular Lagrange point is the first to be created by a stabilization ship after I took up the game. I think that all the ones are either natural or generated before I started but I'm not certain.

Whether this is something wrong with the DB, my installation or an issue with the game code I have no idea.

(edit) per below, advancing time by 5 days causes the LP to move to the normal position. Which is weird (because why is it in the wrong position initially, and why does it move to the right position later) but at least leaves the game in a normal situation.(/edit)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 09:16:42 AM by Migi »

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2020, 08:58:12 AM »
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: unknown, possibly one off

I have stabilized a planetary Lagrange point in Alpha Centauri for planet B VI, but the location of the Lagrange point does not seem to match the normal position of Lagrange points. The new Lagrange point appears approximately 120 to 150 degrees around the orbit (nearly on the opposite side), normally they are about 60 degrees round, see attached image.

A quick check of wikipedia shows that the 60 degree position is normal. Additionally there are several other stable Lagrange points in the game, all of which appear to be around the 60 degree point, several others in Alpha Centauri, 3 in Sol, 3 in Kapteyn's star, 2 in Helios.

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether this particular Lagrange point is the first to be created by a stabilization ship after I took up the game. I think that all the ones are either natural or generated before I started but I'm not certain.

Whether this is something wrong with the DB, my installation or an issue with the game code I have no idea.
LPs in Aurora should always be trailing at 60°.  If you advance 5 days does it correct itself?

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2020, 09:13:59 AM »

LPs in Aurora should always be trailing at 60°.  If you advance 5 days does it correct itself?
It does now that you mention it, my first thought was to post the report and then I got distracted.

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2020, 09:48:33 AM »
It does now that you mention it, my first thought was to post the report and then I got distracted.
That they are positioned wrong initially is still a bug, just self-correcting.

The window affected: Tactical Map
What you were doing at the time: First Contact
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is your decimal separator a comma?: '.'
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Easy with attached database.

Passive sensor buoys do not actually detect anything.

Fleet 'RSP' just discovered aliens at JP1 in '3 System #8'.  The alien ship is right on top of a sensor buoy that should have detected it easily.
Directing RSP towards JP2 and advancing 20 minutes loses contact.
Directing RSP towards JP1 and advancing another 20 minutes re-establishes contact.

The buoy has both EM and TH sensors with strength 0.98.  It is rated to detect strength 1000 signals at 7.8m km.  The alien has a thermal signature of 2560 and is directly on top of the buoy.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 10:38:50 AM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »