Author Topic: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 55471 times)

Offline Elvin

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
Re: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2020, 11:47:11 AM »
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: N/A
What you were doing at the time: Finished a fight with an NPR
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: Easy, given game condition

It seems that if a Beam Fire Control that is currently trying to fire is destroyed, it is still counted as being an active fire control and so triggers endless 5 second ticks. The "cease fire all" button is active and selectable on the ship in question, but every time you refresh the page it comes back - i.e. clicking it has no effect.

To see this for yourself, go to the Naval Organisation and look at the top-most fleet, "FF Guildenstern", and observe it seems to be unable to stop its destroyed BFC from firing.

I'm hoping I can resolve the bug myself by letting damage control fix it...

Confirmed, thanks have been looking for a good example of this one.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 09:38:51 AM by Bughunter »

Offline dr125

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2020, 05:22:12 PM »
The function number: 222, 224, 2339, 2608 - all four repeated in separate windows, with otherwise the same text.
The complete error text: 1.11.0 Function number xxx: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Conventional Start - 27 years in
The window affected: tactical map
What you were doing at the time: Advancing time via the tactical map, day turns
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: One-off as far as I can tell. Probably NPR related. I can't post the relevant DB as the bug happened years after my last save and advancing time to about the same as the bug did not trigger it.

Known bug
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 09:42:33 AM by Bughunter »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2020, 06:13:57 PM »
To see this for yourself, go to the Naval Organisation and look at the top-most fleet, "FF Guildenstern", and observe it seems to be unable to stop its destroyed BFC from firing.

I hope there is a sister ship called Rosencrantz :)

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, skoormit, Landric, REDACTED

Offline REDACTED

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • R
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2020, 08:19:22 PM »
What you were doing at the time: designing ground units / loading game
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: intermittent; design multiple units with gene enhancement in one go

Ground unit capabilities are not retained properly.   I designed regular infantry with no specials and then Space Marines with genetic enhancement and boarding capabilities.   Later I noticed the infantry had both these capabilities but the Space Marines had neither.   After carefully redesigning them it happened again.   I decided "frak it" and added enhancement to all my infantry based units.   Upon loading the game only the Space Marines retained their capability and HP bonus, but *all* of them retained the extra cost and maintenance. 

Edit: closing the ground unit window between designing each unit has resolved the issue

Confirmed
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 04:12:52 PM by Bughunter »

Offline dalmi

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • d
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2020, 09:31:20 PM »
What you were doing at the time: N/A
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: Trivial

Underway replenishment doesn't work after loading up a game.
It works again after researching the next upgrade in the tech tree.   Bug occurs again after closing game.

Reproduced the bug in 1. 9. 5 and 1. 11.

Confirmed

-

And someone mentioned the unkillable colony pop bug on a previous page, it happens with loading colonists too and the colony pop always restores to its previous value every construction cycle after hitting 0.
Added to existing report

Another minor bug or WAI?: when you discover a new system, it automatically plots and saves it in the galactic map screen.
But if you click the reset system position without clicking save, it'll reset all the new systems to the same default point as sol since they didn't have a previous saved position in the db.   So you can have dozens of overlapping system icons if you play long enough and press the wrong button.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 05:17:00 AM by Bughunter »

Offline Fray

• Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2020, 10:27:16 PM »
The function number: None
The complete error text: No message
The window affected: Naval Organization
What you were doing at the time: Refitting ships
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: Easy

If you perform a refit on a ship that replaces its beam fire controls, any weapons that were previously assigned to it on the "Ship Combat" tab will disappear. To reproduce:
1) Create a ship class "Test Class" with a BFC and beam weapons.
2) Instant build a Test Class ship.
3) Go to Naval Organization/Ship Combat, and assign some of the ship's beam weapons to the BFC.
4) Create a refit class "Test Class Refit" that replaces the BFC with new ones.
5) Perform the refit on the ship.
6) Look at the Ship Combat screen for the new ship. The weapons that you had assigned to the BFC will be missing. Weapons not assigned to the BFC will remain.

Restarting Aurora does not fix the issue. I haven't tested this with a missile fire control and launchers, but it may affect that too.

See the attached DB in which I've already performed the above steps as a demonstration.

Confirmed
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 04:35:02 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Ulzgoroth

• Captain
  • U
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2020, 12:04:06 AM »
The complete error text: No error message
The window affected: Class design
What you were doing at the time: Creating a new class of ships (my first salvager)
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: Intermittent - I've seen it before but have no idea what triggers it.

The 'select name' functionality becomes stuck. Selecting a new name using that button does not change the class's name. Closing and re-opening the class design window does not restore normal functioning. Saving, exiting Aurora, and re-launching does restore normal functioning.
The function number: None
The complete error text: No message
The window affected: Naval Organization
What you were doing at the time: Refitting ships
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: Easy

If you perform a refit on a ship that replaces its beam fire controls, any weapons that were previously assigned to it on the "Ship Combat" tab will disappear. To reproduce:
1) Create a ship class "Test Class" with a BFC and beam weapons.
2) Instant build a Test Class ship.
3) Go to Naval Organization/Ship Combat, and assign some of the ship's beam weapons to the BFC.
4) Create a refit class "Test Class Refit" that replaces the BFC with new ones.
5) Perform the refit on the ship.
6) Look at the Ship Combat screen for the new ship. The weapons that you had assigned to the BFC will be missing. Weapons not assigned to the BFC will remain.

Restarting Aurora does not fix the issue. I haven't tested this with a missile fire control and launchers, but it may affect that too.

See the attached DB in which I've already performed the above steps as a demonstration.
Something similar happens in my experience if your fire control is damaged - the assigned weapons vanish with it.

I got them to come back to the unassigned pool somehow in that case. Possibly hitting the auto-assign button did it?

Offline non sequitur

• Chief Petty Officer
  • n
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2020, 04:48:38 PM »
The function number: 2146
The complete error text: 1.11.0 Function #2147 the given key was not present in the dictionary
The window affected: every window, except for the neutral race. doesn't happen there
What you were doing at the time see below
Conventional or TN start: TN start
Random or Real Stars: real stars
Is your decimal separator a comma? Decimal
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy to reproduce. happens whenever a window opens.

So I started a new campaign. 3 player races, 1 neutral race in a sol start 3% warming scenario. I set up all my ships, ground unites, and initial orders for all 3 races no problem. Hit 5 seconds a head so that every race "sees" each other and I can set diplomacy. As soon as I did that I get the above error any time I open a screen/change race. I can still "play" the game as the error doesn't seem to stop ships from moving or doing there thing.

The kicker is this doesn't happen when I select the neutral race. I can move time ahead no problem with error as that race.

Offline Fray

• Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2020, 05:34:21 PM »
Something similar happens in my experience if your fire control is damaged - the assigned weapons vanish with it.

I got them to come back to the unassigned pool somehow in that case. Possibly hitting the auto-assign button did it?
Yup, just tested it and the autoassign button makes the missing weapons reappear. So it seems the weapons aren't being deleted from the ship, they're just not getting repopulated into the unassigned list when something happens to the FC.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2020, 09:29:57 PM »
native period
easy to reproduce

I am not sure if it has been highlighted yet but at the moment there is no way you can rename a Ship using the SELECT NAME command. It does not work in ANY of the tabs:

shipyard
classes
naval tab

The only working function ATM is rename ship and Rename All and Renumber All under ship ion class tab.

Offline Ulzgoroth

• Captain
  • U
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2020, 12:59:24 AM »
native period
easy to reproduce

I am not sure if it has been highlighted yet but at the moment there is no way you can rename a Ship using the SELECT NAME command. It does not work in ANY of the tabs:

shipyard
classes
naval tab

The only working function ATM is rename ship and Rename All and Renumber All under ship ion class tab.
Try saving and restarting Aurora, I suspect you'll find it works again. (If so, it's probably the same as what I reported a couple posts up.) I can confirm that when I launch Aurora I can use select name to give names to both classes and individual ships - but I've seen that functionality break down before.

Offline Second Foundationer

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2020, 11:20:40 AM »
Only a (harmless, I hope) one-off and non-reproducible error message to report:

1.11 conventional, real stars start, 81 years in; no comma/mod/db/dishwasher abuse
Main tactical/system window 5sec time advance -> Error
     1.11.0 Function #96: Sequence contains no elements
while attacking a lonely lost NPR scout with a jump point defence station on a jump point in a wreck-littered frontier system. The ship "has surrendered to our forces" in the increment that threw the error.

I could provide db immediately after the error if that's of any use.

(?) A different thing I notice in the captured ship design which may or may not (?) indicate unintended AI behaviour: The scout is 8,114 tons with a 7,600 t Jump Drive. But they do have three railgun/gauss armed ship classes we know of that fit the (6-500) jump drive, so it's fine if the AI has a tactical idea how to use them together. If so, I'll let the historic cannons we put on the Place de la Révolution go off to salute the work on the AI.

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2020, 02:29:39 PM »
What you were doing at the time: advancing time while exploring a galaxy
Conventional or TN start: T/N
Is your decimal separator a comma? '.'
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? one-off or rare

Freeze with 100% CPU still possible during system generation.  No error message occurred.  Memory use remained constant.  Aurora was completely unresponsive so I was unable to save.

100 system max, 100% local, 15 system spread.  Two Player races in different systems (one in Sol, the other in an SM generated system), no NPRs or spoilers.

I had 30 gravsurvey ships exploring and had a few ordered to explore different jump points when the freeze happened.

Tough one to investigate. If anyone else have seen this I would appreciate any info you can provide.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2020, 02:43:10 PM »
The window affected:Intelligence and Foreign Relations
What you were doing at the time:Blasting some precursors with plasma fire, and realizing they were set to neutral, that being less than optimal.
Conventional or TN start: Conventional
Random or Real Stars: Started as Real stars, decided numbers dont make good names, changed to random with 0% local sistem gen chance and 15 spread.
Is your decimal separator a comma? no
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: easily to reproduce
Campaign is about 37 years long
I cant set Precursors to hostile, the option doesn't even appear.
I do have a Neutral race, basically unedited.

edit: I found a workaround, if you give the neutral race some sensors, the bug goes away.

The save you posted has no precursors detected or even spawned what I can see, it seems like a fresh setup. Did you maybe post the wrong one?

Offline Prapor

• Petty Officer
  • P
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2020, 03:22:04 PM »
When I create a new star system via SM, I get the following errors: 1562, 2430, 2431.

The function number - N/A
The complete error text - N/A
The window affected - Select Known System to Generate
What you were doing at the time - Create new system
Conventional or TN start - TN
Random or Real Stars - Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma? Yes
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - easy to reproduce
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well

PS
If I change the comma to a dot, everything will work. Steve I beg you, realize, please, support comma as the decimal separator

Not a bug
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 03:51:22 PM by Bughunter »