Author Topic: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 55462 times)

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
Re: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2020, 03:50:13 PM »
The function number: n/a
The complete error text: n/a
The window affected: Economics/environment
What you were doing at the time: conquering a conventional npr
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: real stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?: no
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: 2nd time in as many games, shouldn't be too hard to reproduce
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: about 30 years in

The planet the NPR was on had too much CO2 and a colony cost of 2 for them.

Has anyone else seen this happen? Anyone who has the possibility please check in your games.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2020, 06:28:41 PM »
1. 11. 0
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Ground Forces - Unit Class Design / Template Design
What you were doing at the time: Designing Infantry w capabilities
Conventional or TN start: Conventional
Random or Real Stars: random
Is your decimal separator a comma? Nein
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? easy
Campaign is about 50 years in.

When adding capabilities to infantry the cost and stats I imagine are being computed correctly. However when looking at the stats of units in the template screen it does not show the capabilities of the unit when it was designed - it shows the capabilities you currently have selected in the unit class design screen. The values for unit cost seem to correspond to their actual intended design so I imagine that this might just be UI problem but I'd check anyways.

How to reproduce:
1- design any infantry with any capability
2- check what the little text representation says about the capabilities of your design
3- In unit design, select any other capabilities
4- check your infantry unit again in the template design screen - notice that the stats page has changed to show whatever was selected in the unit design page

Update: I am actually pretty convinced that infantry capabilities are not being properly applied - This gets weird:
- Capabilities for some reason not applied to any infantry unit design at the point of designing the unit
- However, if I design a unit with the desired capabilities selected, save the game, then close aurora and load my save, the last selected capabilities before the save are applied.
- Designing new units does not affect already designed infantry
- The unit cost is correct with respect to the capabilities that were selected at the point of initial design creation, this means that if you have changed the capabilities of the unit before
  saving the game the cost will be inconsistent.

Disclaimer: I am using SM mode to instant design

Reported
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 09:41:26 AM by Bughunter »

The following users thanked this post: REDACTED

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2020, 12:34:03 PM »
I changed the required rank to command a ground template, but when a commander was auto-assigned it defaulted to the lowest rank.

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2020, 01:38:01 PM »
Tech points from disassembling ship components are lost if you are currently researching that tech

The window affected: Economics, Research tab
What you were doing at the time: disassembling found components
Conventional or TN start: T/N
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? '.'
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy to reproduce but time consuming setup

Setup:
create (or find) ruins, explore the ruins and dig up advanced tech ship components.

to reproduce with the attached database:
Open economy for earth, research tab.  Note that Ion Drive and Fuel Consumption tech research has just started so they are at 10K/8K remaining.
Advance time 5 days
Note that the remaining points have decreased by about 4-7 points.
Go to mars, stockpile tab
Disassemble Magneto-Plasma Drive EP400
Advance time 5 seconds
Go to events, note how many tech points were awarded for the disassembly
Go to economy, earth, research - note that the points remaining are unchanged
Advance time 5 days
Note that the points remaining have decreased by about 4-7 points again, so this isn't just a display bug.

Confirmed
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 05:32:30 AM by Bughunter »

Offline Siccles

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2020, 01:39:15 PM »
The window affected: Events technically, but practically everything
What you were doing at the time:See below
Conventional or TN start: N/A
Random or Real Stars: N/A
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy to reproduce
If this is a long campaign - 1000 years, see below

After very close to 999.  5 years of gametime (independent of start date) time stops progressing.   Some things like orbital motion still work, but things like production do not progress.   I have been consistently been able to reproduce this in vastly different scenarios, so it seems universal.   See attachment. 

edit: start date 555 in this case, game version is the most current.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 01:41:41 PM by Siccles »

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2020, 02:18:09 PM »
The time to load cargo is dependent upon the remaining cargo capacity of the cargo fleet, not on the amount loaded

The window affected: Naval organization, Tactical map
What you were doing at the time: picking up a partial load of cargo
Conventional or TN start: T/N
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Trivial

to reproduce using the database in my prior bug report:
Scenario 1:
Load Duranium on Cargo fleet at Mars.  24K duranium takes  1:22:17
Load Boronide on Cargo Fleet at Mars.  5.8K boronide takes 1:22:17
Unload all minerals - this takes 1:22:17
Load all minerals (37K total) - this takes 1:22:17

Note the above scenario might be WAI due to filling up freighters sequentially, so we need another test to rule that out:

Scenario 2:
Detatch one freighter from Cargo Fleet for individual ship test
Load Duranium at Mars.  12,500 duranium takes 1:22:17
Unload all minerals.  12,500 takes 1:22:17

Load Tritanium at mars.  19 takes 1:22:17
Unload all minerals.  19 takes 0:0:4

Load Duranium 2000x at mars.  2000 takes 1:22:17
unload all minerals - 2000 would take 7:24, but cancel this order
Load Duranium 2000x at mars.  2000 takes 1:14:53
unload all minerals - 4000 would take 14:48, but cancel this order
Load Duranium 4000x at mars.  4000 takes 1:07:28
Load Tritanium at mars.  19 takes 16:39

Load infrastructure x2 - this will take 16:39
Unload all minerals - 8000 will take 1:05:37

Load infrastructure x2 - this will take 1:13:02
unload all installations - 4x infrastructure will take 18:31

Load infrastructure x2 - this will take 1:22:17

=============
This should prove that loading times are dependent upon remaining cargo space available, not amount loaded.  Unloading times do seem to properly depend upon amount loaded. 

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2020, 06:27:05 PM »

I have designed a gravitational survey ship and a geosurvey ship - both ships are identical the only discrepancy being 6 geosurvey sensors as opposed to 6 gravsurvey sensors.
Both ships have identical tonnage and identical BP cost.

However, when I tool my shipyard to any one of them, I cannot build the other from that same shipyard. From what I understand mechanically this might be WAI, however I find it hard to believe that I should need a whole different shipyard just to make two of the same hull with different sensors.

To reproduce make any geosurvey ship, copy class and replace its geosurveys with the same amount of gravsurveys.

WAI
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 10:00:01 AM by Bughunter »

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2020, 07:22:46 PM »
@Droll:  I think this is WAI.  Survey sensors are small but expensive, and retooling is dependent on cost.  My survey ship with a size 60 commercial engine and two sensors is about 4,300 tons and costs 357 BP.  Of that total 200 BP is sensors - over half.  Six sensors bumps the cost to over 3/4 of the total.  So way over the 20% limit.

You might try retooling for a template ship with both 6x geo and grav sensors.  I used that trick in VB6 to make my three versions of missile ships - the template had all three sensor packages.  But I haven't tried that in C# or with  survey ships, and the difference may be too extreme in this case.   

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2020, 08:37:39 PM »
@Droll:  I think this is WAI.  Survey sensors are small but expensive, and retooling is dependent on cost.  My survey ship with a size 60 commercial engine and two sensors is about 4,300 tons and costs 357 BP.  Of that total 200 BP is sensors - over half.  Six sensors bumps the cost to over 3/4 of the total.  So way over the 20% limit.

You might try retooling for a template ship with both 6x geo and grav sensors.  I used that trick in VB6 to make my three versions of missile ships - the template had all three sensor packages.  But I haven't tried that in C# or with  survey ships, and the difference may be too extreme in this case.   

I still do not think that it makes sense, in my case both ships cost the same amount of BP - the only difference between ships is sensors. The sensor package even weights the same in each ship. I still find it hard to believe that a shipyard cant fit a different package that takes the same amount of space onto two identical hulls, which is why I felt that this isn't the intended overall result even if the code is correct.

Though this is now less of a bug report and more of a suggestion using the proportion of common components between hulls and overall size similarity makes more sense to me than the component-wise cost.

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2020, 09:00:42 PM »
That would trip over the new 20% size difference limit.

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2020, 10:56:45 PM »
The function number: #1011
The complete error text: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
The window affected: Naval organization
What you were doing at the time: Testing SM refuelling
Conventional or TN start: N/A
Random or Real Stars: N/A
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Trivial

SM Partial Refuel is not limited by the ship's fuel capacity.  It is possible to put 1 million L in a ship with 1000L (or 0L) fuel capacity.  Negative fuel is possible.

Attempting to add 3 billion L generated the above error.  The fuel amount in the ship was not changed.

Confirmed
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 10:03:44 AM by Bughunter »

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2020, 07:44:51 AM »
When trying to load minerals (Load All Minerals) from a colony while the cargo of the ship is full (say, it's already fully loaded with minerals), you get a message "[Fleet] was unable to load None from [Colony]".

Unrelated second issue:
Trade across races does not seem to be working, or at least not the way I'm expecting it to. Two races have a colony on Earth, one of them also has a colony on Mars. The race with the Mars colony has shipping lines which happily move stuff back and forth. The race without a Mars colony (or any colony in Sol, for that matter) has idle civilian freighters sitting around, doing nothing.
In this situation I'm expecting that, if the race with the Mars colony gives the one without trade access, that other race will be able to move stuff to or from Mars. I checked and there is trade goods available on Mars and on the Earth colony of the race given access that could be moved between them, yet the freighters continue idling. Giving the race with the Mars colony trade access to the one without also didn't change anything.

Is interracial trade just unimplemented? Does it only check locations out of system?

Attached DB showcasing both issues. The race with the Mars colony is the EU and the race without a Sol colony (with the idle freighters) is Argentina.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2020, 11:55:18 AM »
The window affected: Intelligence and Foreign Relations
What you were doing at the time: Attempting communication
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: real

I am stuck at Attempting in Communication status with Precursors and Star Swarm. There are no attempts to communicate. In previous versions I received messages about attempts to communicate that of course ended in impossible communication, but in this version, there are no messages about it.

Offline Second Foundationer

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2020, 12:43:13 PM »
1.11.0, no nos, real stars, conventional start, 84 years

About an in-universe month before, I had encountered an error while downloading salvaged tech (reported before in 1.9.5: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11298.msg134160#msg134160)
Now, on saving, the following error:
   1.11.0 Function #1429: constraint failed
   UNIQUE constraint failed: FCT_PausedResearch.TechSystemID,
   FCT_PausedResearch.PopulationID

The db loads, but on reloading, it produces:
   Function #1333: The key was not present in the dictionary.
and all contact/intelligence information about other races is gone. There had been three before saving (Ramanathapuram=allied NPR, Grandeel=hostile NPR, Atlanteans=precursors), and from what I can gather in the db from the 'AlienRace' table, the contact information seems still to be there, but in the 'Race' table, all but the player race seem to be gone.

The same 1429 save error, but with different context and result, was reported by SpikeTheHobbitMage in 1.9.5: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11298.msg135021#msg135021

The attached is the one saved with error.
The last intact save I have before that is roughly half an in-universe year back; at that point, the salvage ship already contains the tech data that will go over the remaining RPs for one project, in case the tech salvage error is really related to the save error.

If you want to avoid missing image errors, use:
- Father Tim's named flags pack http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11296.0, but added on top of the numbered flags because I had already started,
- plus the zipped RL-France-based custom ribbons. [And no, that's not a peace sign. Well, of course it actually is; but in this universe, it's the symbol of the Republic with a backstory.]

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2020, 02:20:16 PM »
1.11.0, no nos, real stars, conventional start, 84 years

About an in-universe month before, I had encountered an error while downloading salvaged tech (reported before in 1.9.5: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11298.msg134160#msg134160)
Now, on saving, the following error:
   1.11.0 Function #1429: constraint failed
   UNIQUE constraint failed: FCT_PausedResearch.TechSystemID,
   FCT_PausedResearch.PopulationID

The db loads, but on reloading, it produces:
   Function #1333: The key was not present in the dictionary.
and all contact/intelligence information about other races is gone. There had been three before saving (Ramanathapuram=allied NPR, Grandeel=hostile NPR, Atlanteans=precursors), and from what I can gather in the db from the 'AlienRace' table, the contact information seems still to be there, but in the 'Race' table, all but the player race seem to be gone.

The same 1429 save error, but with different context and result, was reported by SpikeTheHobbitMage in 1.9.5: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11298.msg135021#msg135021

The attached is the one saved with error.
The last intact save I have before that is roughly half an in-universe year back; at that point, the salvage ship already contains the tech data that will go over the remaining RPs for one project, in case the tech salvage error is really related to the save error.

If you want to avoid missing image errors, use:
- Father Tim's named flags pack http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11296.0, but added on top of the numbered flags because I had already started,
- plus the zipped RL-France-based custom ribbons. [And no, that's not a peace sign. Well, of course it actually is; but in this universe, it's the symbol of the Republic with a backstory.]

I was never able to confirm or reproduce the tech error, but I suspect that what happened with me was that I somehow managed to create two research tasks for the same prototype.