Author Topic: v1.12.0 Changes Discussion Thread  (Read 37149 times)

Offline Lightning

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • L
Re: v1.12.0 Changes Discussion Thread
« Reply #150 on: September 05, 2020, 01:34:38 PM »
Rakhas Generation Change

in V1.11, Rakhas need to be within a temperature band about a hundred degrees wide, some oxygen, no dangerous gases, available water, high accessibility minerals and no ruins. The chance of them appearing is based on a random number generated from 1-8. If that is higher than total accessibility, with Duranium counting double, they are generated.

That is proving to be a very difficult combination. Mainly because a lot of accessible minerals don't tend to appear on planets that meet the other requirements and water is often not present.

Umm... wouldn't having their chance of generating roll needing to be Higher that the total accessibility favor low accessibility worlds? If total accessibility was greater than 8, they couldn't generate on a 1-8 roll. I realize you changed them for 1.12, but if it was coded roll>accessibility, it sounds like it wasn't working as intended. Agree that needing water & no dangerous gases really cut down potential for them though.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #151 on: September 05, 2020, 03:49:36 PM »
Rakhas Generation Change

in V1.11, Rakhas need to be within a temperature band about a hundred degrees wide, some oxygen, no dangerous gases, available water, high accessibility minerals and no ruins. The chance of them appearing is based on a random number generated from 1-8. If that is higher than total accessibility, with Duranium counting double, they are generated.

That is proving to be a very difficult combination. Mainly because a lot of accessible minerals don't tend to appear on planets that meet the other requirements and water is often not present.

Umm... wouldn't having their chance of generating roll needing to be Higher that the total accessibility favor low accessibility worlds? If total accessibility was greater than 8, they couldn't generate on a 1-8 roll. I realize you changed them for 1.12, but if it was coded roll>accessibility, it sounds like it wasn't working as intended. Agree that needing water & no dangerous gases really cut down potential for them though.

It was lower. Mistake in text rather than code.

The following users thanked this post: Lightning

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #152 on: September 05, 2020, 06:05:55 PM »
Could spoiler generation rates in general be boosted or made adjustable? I've only seen precursors twice since C# was released, and swarm once

The following users thanked this post: Dawa1147

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #153 on: September 05, 2020, 07:13:04 PM »
Could spoiler generation rates in general be boosted or made adjustable? I've only seen precursors twice since C# was released, and swarm once

Wow! I have seen the Precursors every serious campaign game (4 games) I have played, often within 3-4 jumps from Earth.  I use to stabilize jump points with only a cursory look on the other side and had to stop doing it because the precursor ships would just start rolling up colonies and infrastructure up the chain.  I've only run into the Swarm once though.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 08:24:53 PM by Kristover »

Offline Lightning

• L
« Reply #154 on: September 05, 2020, 08:46:39 PM »

Wow! I have seen the Precursors every serious campaign game (4 games) I have played, often within 3-4 jumps from Earth.  I use to stabilize jump points with only a cursory look on the other side and had to stop doing it because the precursor ships would just start rolling up colonies and infrastructure up the chain.  I've only run into the Swarm once though.

Same. I've never had an issue finding precursor ships.

Offline Lightning

• L
« Reply #155 on: September 05, 2020, 08:51:15 PM »
New 'Load All Minerals Until Full' Move Order

I've added a new movement order called 'Load All Minerals Until Full'. This is exactly the same as the Load All Minerals order except that the same order will remain until the fleet's cargo capacity is full. Reserve levels will be observed for this order.

In mechanics terms, when the loading timer runs down to zero the order is completed if the cargo capacity is full. If not, the fleet movement ends for the sub-pulse and the loading clock is reset. The cycle repeats until the cargo holds are full.

This will allow players to set up freighter runs to bring minerals from outlying colonies without micromanagement or fuel waste.

I'd like to see this for fuel too... for setting up fuel tanker runs to the harvesters

The following users thanked this post: Barkhorn, Dawa1147

Online Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #156 on: September 07, 2020, 11:31:16 AM »
I think either when 1.12 comes out or now with 1.11 Steve should update the "full installation" post. Currently it is still on 1.5.1 which not only is way behind but also 1.11 is quite stable. That way people who are new to the forum don't accidentally think that 1.5.1 is the newest.

The following users thanked this post: Kirkegaard, QuakeIV, Dawa1147, StarshipCactus

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #157 on: September 10, 2020, 04:02:53 PM »
With the addition of anchor fleets, I'm hoping that Steve will add the ability for fleets to be subordinated to flag bridges so an admiral in their flagship can have command of multiple different task forces in the same system.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 04:06:07 PM by BasileusMaximos »

The following users thanked this post: papent

Offline JOKER

• Chief Petty Officer
  • J
« Reply #158 on: September 11, 2020, 02:21:36 PM »
I wonder if we can set a minimum range for missile PD. I want my AMM defense focus on "fresh" incoming salvos, let Area PD handle reduced salvos.

The following users thanked this post: Cinnius, Gabrote42

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #159 on: September 11, 2020, 03:05:16 PM »
I wonder if we can set a minimum range for missile PD. I want my AMM defense focus on "fresh" incoming salvos, let Area PD handle reduced salvos.

Yes... this has been suggested many times and something I hope will be added at some point to reduce waste of missile point defence for something that beam PD and shields can handle. Probably should add it to the suggestion thread as well...

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV, Cinnius, Gabrote42

Online db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #160 on: September 12, 2020, 06:55:51 PM »
Wow, the weather on the Isle of Man must be dreadful today. Thanks Steve!

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #161 on: September 13, 2020, 04:27:09 AM »

:)

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
« Reply #162 on: September 13, 2020, 08:16:24 AM »

:)

What update did I miss????

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #163 on: September 13, 2020, 08:29:11 AM »
What update did I miss????

I fixed a few bugs yesterday.
  • Fixed 'Object reference' bug when gaining tech points to complete a non-active research project.
  • Added code to prevent creation of comets with very small Orbital Distance to prevent a very rare but serious bug.
  • Fixed display bug that showed wrong 'Refit Overhead' cost in Refit Details display.
  • Ships with cargo shuttles can now load maintenance supply from a colony without needing a cargo shuttle station or a maintenance facility.
  • A refit will adjust the amount of ordnance on a ship if the new design has insufficient capacity to hold them. Any excess ordnance will be offloaded to the population.
  • Maintenance failures will only be checked against components that can fail, in order to avoid the maintenance explosion bug for carriers, fuel tankers, etc..
  • Delete Empty Populations will not delete populations that have mineral stockpiles.
  • Fixed bug that displayed 'Unknown Class' in wreck salvage event when salvaging own ships.
  • You can no longer add spinal weapons of different types to the same design.
  • Stations with 'No Armour' no longer function with a single armour layer in combat.
  • In v.1.11, command and control systems are treated as a single tech line for disassembly, so CIC might give points for AUX. In v1.12, all C&C systems are treated individually.
  • Fixed bug in Required Power field in Ship Design Display tab on Naval Organization window.
  • Repairing a ship will now clear the damage control queue
  • Deleting an admin command will now unassign any assigned commander.
  • Fixed a bug where beginning an overhaul at a fleet (rather than a colony) caused the overhauling fleet to stop in space while the system body moved on.
  • Fixed the moon-numbering bug for gas giants that also have Trojan asteroids.
  • When choosing the "Scrap" options for a shipyard, you can no longer choose civilian ships
  • Ground-based and buoy-based geological surveys now use the game-level survey speed modifier.
  • Fixed a bug with scrapping that returned full wealth and minerals, plus components.

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV, thashepherd, StarshipCactus, Migi, Gabrote42

Offline BritoO

• Petty Officer
  • B
« Reply #164 on: September 13, 2020, 01:19:48 PM »
I fixed a few bugs yesterday.

A "few" he says. Awesome to see some more progress on 1.12
Hopefully a "few" more bad weather days to help it keep going...

The following users thanked this post: Gabrote42