Author Topic: Bug Reports (Version 113 and up)  (Read 391 times)

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
Bug Reports (Version 113 and up)
« on: October 08, 2020, 04:43:58 PM »
Feel free to start sending in bug reports again.  I may not have time to look into all of them, especially the more vague or hard-to-reproduce bugs.  If I can't instantly figure out the issue you're describing I may just leave a quick message saying what additional information I'd like to get if you really want the bug fixed.  The more detail you can provide the better, and a copy of the save game is always welcome. 

Save files are located here:
- Windows: %APPDATA%/Godot/app_userdata/Quasar4x/quasar4x.sqlite
- Linux: $HOME/.godot/app_userdata/Quasar4x/quasar4x.sqlite

If the forum blocks your attachment please send save files to .

Thanks in advance for any reports that do lead to fixes, since I have very little time to do much playtesting myself!

« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 04:53:06 PM by Kyle »

The following users thanked this post: Tchey, icekiss

Offline icekiss

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • i
Re: Bug Reports (Version 113 and up)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 11:11:23 AM »
I've followed your devlogs for quite some time now.
Since you said people could start playing, I have downloaded Quasar (Version 114), and started playing (on Linux).    ;)

After researching Transnewtonian tech, I have split my 5 research labs 3/1/1 while converting industry.
However, I just noticed that only Kian Ross (CP: Expand Civilian Economy) is actually researching (second project, 1 lab), the other projects do not reduce "RP required" when I advance time.
I can only assume this has something to do with the order the research projects where created in, or added and removed labs from.

Unfortunately I get an error from the forum software each time I try to attach the 3. 1MB zip file quasar4x. sqlite. zip
How would you like to receive that file? (I assume other prospective bug reporters would run into the same problem)

Thanks a bunch for making the game, I am very happy that there is now a linux version that is running well.     
I am looking forward to playing more, and reporting bugs as I notice them.     
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 11:14:57 AM by icekiss »

The following users thanked this post: Kyle

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 11:52:36 AM »
How would you like to receive that file? (I assume other prospective bug reporters would run into the same problem)

You can send it to .  I've updated the top post as well.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 11:54:21 AM by Kyle »

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 04:26:10 PM »
After researching Transnewtonian tech, I have split my 5 research labs 3/1/1 while converting industry.
However, I just noticed that only Kian Ross (CP: Expand Civilian Economy) is actually researching (second project, 1 lab), the other projects do not reduce "RP required" when I advance time.
I can only assume this has something to do with the order the research projects where created in, or added and removed labs from.

Fixed

The following users thanked this post: icekiss

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 08:12:54 AM »
Linux version, just in case this is relevant.

In SM mode it's not possible to explore a jump point with the "enter/explore" button on the jump point tab of the system generation and display window.

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2020, 02:27:52 PM »

In SM mode it's not possible to explore a jump point with the "enter/explore" button on the jump point tab of the system generation and display window.

That one's actually not currently implemented because I don't personally use it and would require me to refactor some things.  Do you need it for something?

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 03:22:20 PM »

That one's actually not currently implemented because I don't personally use it and would require me to refactor some things.  Do you need it for something?

Nothing important enough to justify that kind of work, thanks :)

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 02:31:42 AM »
Asteroid generation is weird as they have very high gravity. Two of them are colonisable despite being 60km in diameter and there is even an asteroid with gravity 3.5 times greater than Earth's while having diameter of 40km. Screenshot attached below.

The following users thanked this post: Kyle

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2020, 05:11:10 PM »
Fixed for the next version.  The calculation for gravity, while correct "on paper", was suffering from floating point error from too many steps in the calculation.  To fix it I reduced the formula to an identical and simpler form: Gravity = Density * Radius / 6380.0   (earth's radius in km).

Thanks for the report!

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 05:58:31 PM »

Nothing important enough to justify that kind of work, thanks :)

My OCD wouldn't let me leave this alone. :)  The "enter/explore" button is now implemented.  I decided to make it usable without SM, which is how A4X does it, since its not that overpowered and it makes sense that an empire would have the technological capability to get a rough idea of the composition of nearby star systems.  The 'Force New' and 'No NPR' checkboxes are also implemented, although SM is required to enable either of those options.

The following users thanked this post: froggiest1982, Avalanche

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72