Author Topic: v2.3.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 8853 times)

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: v2.3.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2023, 09:45:14 PM »
When creating ground force organisations, copying an organisation does not copy the assigned default field positions.

SJW: Fixed for v2.4.0
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 10:15:08 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2023, 01:27:09 AM »
On commercial shipyard complex, while adding a slipway (38% completed) I retooled the shipyard with a new class and at the message if I wanted to stop the current task I pressed yes, the ship construction has started but the adding of the slipway is still progressing, it did not stop.

Conventional, real star, just started a new campaign.

I might have found the big bug that can unlock the 2.4  :P
Was that the first time the shipyard had been retooled, or was it already set to a class?

First time

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2023, 01:36:01 AM »
First time
Its not really a bug then. The first time you retool a shipyard after building it, its free and is instant. And since it is instant it doesn't cancel whatever action the shipyard was doing, despite the warning prompt.

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2023, 02:57:13 AM »
First time
Its not really a bug then. The first time you retool a shipyard after building it, its free and is instant. And since it is instant it doesn't cancel whatever action the shipyard was doing, despite the warning prompt.

Yeah, it sounds logic, let's hear from Steve if this is WAI.

SJW: Yes, working as intended
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 10:00:21 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Online smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2023, 03:13:38 AM »
There seems to be an inconsistency in how commercial-engined ships can use military jump drive (following this post).

In a fleet consisting of a 30.000 ton military ship with a military jump drive of 30.000 tons and a commercial ship of 20.000 tons, I get a 'Transit failure' message because the commercial-engined ships do not have a proper jump drive. However, if I split the fleet into two separate fleets, then the commercial ship is capable of using the military jump drive in the other fleet as a jump tender.

I would have expected that being in the same fleet or in separate fleets would not have made a difference.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2023, 05:35:16 AM »
First time

Yes, that's correct.

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2023, 12:31:19 PM »

When you post, please post as much information as possible, including:
The function number: 2756
The complete error text:  the collection has been modified, enumering operation could not been executed.
The window affected: main map
What you were doing at the time: 5 days increment, related to life support failure probably.
Conventional or TN start: conventional
Random or Real Stars: real
Is your decimal separator a comma? comma
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: beginning

Offline Ragnarsson

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2023, 12:47:27 PM »
In the "View Technology" screen, missile fire controls created by the player appear in the drop-down category of Active Sensors rather than where you'd imagine, Missile Fire Control.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 10:01:07 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Oafsalot

• Petty Officer
« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2023, 05:28:58 PM »
It does not seem to be possible to load Decoys onto Colliers for transport and support. It just shows as 0 if you double-click the Decoy.

That is all.

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2023, 05:37:00 PM »
Bug report: I was testing retargeting AMMs vs enemy missiles, and when the enemy volley hit my ship, the event log said my remaining AMMs self-destructed, but it didn't remove the AMM missile salvoes even though they have no missiles in them anymore

« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 10:02:22 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2023, 06:42:17 PM »
Bug report: Ground force replacement process doesn't seem to be working for me? I have 2 division formations, where I modified the division template to include 300 logistics trucks. However, despite having 3 formations marked "use as replacements" with logistics trucks on the planet, neither of the divisions have pulled logistics trucks into their formation to match their template, even though I have let like 20 days pass.

Its on earth in the attached database

Edit: apparently not a bug, my units weren't in a series
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 08:33:19 PM by captainwolfer »

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2023, 07:43:17 PM »
Bug report: Ground force replacement process doesn't seem to be working for me? I have 2 division formations, where I modified the division template to include 300 logistics trucks. However, despite having 3 formations marked "use as replacements" with logistics trucks on the planet, neither of the divisions have pulled logistics trucks into their formation to match their template, even though I have let like 20 days pass.

Are the units that you are trying to replace part of a unit series? If not, replacement won't work and you'll need to create unit series and then add the units you want replacement for in those series.

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2023, 08:09:58 PM »

Are the units that you are trying to replace part of a unit series? If not, replacement won't work and you'll need to create unit series and then add the units you want replacement for in those series.
I guess that was the issue, since when I created updated templates using the copy+upgrade button, the replacement started working on the formation. I just assumed that I didn't need series if I wasn't changing what types of units were needed, just the number

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2023, 08:44:01 PM »
I guess that was the issue, since when I created updated templates using the copy+upgrade button, the replacement started working on the formation. I just assumed that I didn't need series if I wasn't changing what types of units were needed, just the number

The replacement system is designed to work only through the Unit Series mechanic. It is a bit confusing when all you want at first is to reinforce with the same kind of unit, but it makes sense to have a single replacements mechanic and the Unit Series allows replacing with newer (or older, if desperate) units of the same type.

Personally I wish Steve would rewire Formations to be built from unit series rather than units, as this would make a lot of things work more smoothly IMO.

Offline Oafsalot

• Petty Officer
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2023, 01:54:40 PM »
When researching Sensor Jammer 5, I was awarded Sensor Jammer 8 as well. I don't quite know how but I thought I'd mention it.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 10:03:37 AM by Steve Walmsley »