Author Topic: Suggestions Thread for v2.4.0  (Read 28593 times)

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
Re: Suggestions Thread for v2.4.0
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2024, 07:21:43 PM »
More advanced tech means more can be done with less materials. I think it's fine. Cloaking devices are the same way.
Yes, It seems like Cloaking devices are the same way when I test them.

And would be fine in, if it was not inconsistent and all other components in the game cost either the same amount or more RP/BP when they provide the same capability but with more advanced techs.

To be clear it's just a minor annoyance and inconcsistency, so not something I suggest should be given high priority to be changed to work as the rest of the components.

Offline LuuBluum

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • L
« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2024, 09:40:52 PM »
A QOL suggestion since this issue seems to have come up many times in my reading, the ability to organize fighters ordered to provide ground support into some sort of unit that can then be assigned to provide support to some formation directly, rather than having to go by each individual fighter.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 09:51:23 PM by LuuBluum »

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2024, 10:02:57 PM »
A QOL suggestion since this issue seems to have come up many times in my reading, the ability to organize fighters ordered to provide ground support into some sort of unit that can then be assigned to provide support to some formation directly, rather than having to go by each individual fighter.

You could have it work squadron by squadron. That way you only have to set it up once for the carrier class, though this could get tedious when its time to replenish losses.

The best and most involved way would be an auto-distribution button that assigns all CAS first to formations set to FA (that have FFD) and then to FD and so forth.

Offline LuuBluum

• L
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2024, 11:32:19 PM »
Also, make fighters equipped with air-to-air fighter pods act like anti-air ground units in some capacity (preferably HAA, which would make both anti-air fighters and counter-anti-air fighters work). Otherwise the pods are entirely useless.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 11:50:29 PM by LuuBluum »

Offline deathpickle

• Leading Rate
  • d
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2024, 02:03:42 AM »
Can you make it that it displays the age of the scientist in the research menu? Will make it easier to pick young healthy ones after they start dying off. 

Also: Can you make it display the date better in the shipyard production and scientist menus? Usually you can only see that it was produced on friday 12th.  .  .  , which isn't very helpful.   There are probably other places with this same problem but I can't remember off the top of my head. 

Attached Pic is all suggestions visualized

The following users thanked this post: Napier

Offline Louella

• Chief Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2024, 02:34:42 AM »
Also: Can you make it display the date better in the shipyard production and scientist menus? Usually you can only see that it was produced on friday 12th.  .  .  , which isn't very helpful.

??? ??? ???

Dates on my machine are already easily readable ?

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2024, 03:07:37 AM »
Can you make it that it displays the age of the scientist in the research menu? Will make it easier to pick young healthy ones after they start dying off. 

Also: Can you make it display the date better in the shipyard production and scientist menus? Usually you can only see that it was produced on friday 12th.  .  .  , which isn't very helpful.   There are probably other places with this same problem but I can't remember off the top of my head. 

Attached Pic is all suggestions visualized

The dates are displayed using whatever format is used by your PC. I believe you can change it in Settings. Under Time & Language -> Date & Time.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 03:09:11 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: Louella, deathpickle

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2024, 03:09:18 AM »
Deathpickle, your issue is caused by the settings in your Windows date/time settings:

Switch the "Short date" and "Long date" to be what is shown on the screenshot and you won't have any more problems.

Go to Settings - Time & Language - Date, time & regional formatting - Change data formats

Offline Louella

• Chief Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2024, 07:24:10 AM »
Minor immersion suggestion - more flexibility for Academy names

You can change the name of academies, but, it's still limited to one academy name per colony. This is probably alright for the vast majority of players, but it would be nice for immersion to be able to change the academy name dependent on character profession.

The following users thanked this post: Aloriel, Droll

Offline LuuBluum

• L
« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2024, 10:48:55 AM »
I suppose while I'm also suggesting ground support fighter stuff, finish up combat air patrol missions? The overall feature of ground support fighters seems really neat, but I think there needs to be just a bit more done in that direction before they're really worth using.

Offline rainyday

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • r
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2024, 01:53:06 PM »
I'd still like to have some highlighting in the Commanders window for "Story Characters" to make them easier to find when you have thousands of commanders. That window already supports colored status text for commander health, so the code infrastructure is there. I think the color that is used for CMCs you're buying from would work nicely, but I would be happy with anything.

I attempt to use this feature in all of my games to track individuals with notable achievements throughout their careers and I don't always remember to write their names down in my personal notes.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 01:58:12 PM by rainyday »

Offline rainyday

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • r
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2024, 02:01:15 PM »
For that matter, and this is a much bigger stretch, would it be possible to get separate Commander Health/Experience/Promotion events for Story Characters so that we can disable the basic notifications and only get them for individuals we care about or apply different custom colors to make them easier to distinguish. That would be amazing.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2024, 02:02:01 PM »
I'd still like to have some highlighting in the Commanders window for "Story Characters" to make them easier to find when you have thousands of commanders. That window already supports colored status text for commander health, so the code infrastructure is there. I think the color that is used for CMCs you're buying from would work nicely, but I would be happy with anything.

I attempt to use this feature in all of my games to track individuals with notable achievements throughout their careers and I don't always remember to write their names down in my personal notes.

Doesn't this feature make it so that character is immune from accidental/medical death or retirement, though? I would like some way to mark "important" commanders but I still want them to subject to the vagarious whims of the RNG fate.

Offline joshuawood

• Chief Petty Officer
  • j
« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2024, 06:54:59 PM »
Right now there is a "salvage nearest wreck" command but no way to automatically empty the ships when they are near full.

If possible some conditional orders of >50% >75% >90% Cargo would be nice and "unload cargo at nearest colony" and "unload cargo at capital" would be nice if possible?

I get into many fights with 10's of ships and manually salvaging is a bit of a pain.

Being able to make smaller salvaging fleets that are automated with commercial hangers and defences would really speed up the game.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 07:31:40 PM by joshuawood »

The following users thanked this post: mike2R, Napier

Offline deathpickle

• Leading Rate
  • d
« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2024, 12:42:34 AM »
wtf. . .  if been suffering for so long bros. . .

Also! I don't think there is anywhere that shows your total number of academy crew graduates (not officers) that you have stored up.  They show how much you get per year, but not the total stored.  I think this used to be showed in the academy/teams tab.