Author Topic: v2.5.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 12962 times)

Offline gruuu

• Able Ordinary Rate
Re: v2.5.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #150 on: January 17, 2024, 05:52:15 AM »
I have a civilian freighter (FT Primeau Small F8 004) in my fleet

Freighter was damaged by spoiler (engine) and
has been removed from fleet SPL Primeau Transport
Since he was supposed to bring a mine to one of my colonies, I repaired him with SM and he continued his mission.
But I couldn't control him

Later I received a message about fuel shortage.
I took him to his destination with a tug and finished the tugging.
From then on I could control him

Offline Ragnarsson

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2024, 05:53:46 PM »
Minor thing: The "Wrecks" checkbox on galactic map display tab is not saved (at least visually). E.g. restarting Aurora I can see wrecks on the map but the checkbox is unchecked.
The exact same thing happens with the checkbox for "Aether Rift". This is a visual issue only, the status itself is saved correctly.

SJW: Fixed for v2.5.1
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 07:56:34 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Ragnarsson

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2024, 02:59:21 PM »
I get an error popup that states:

"2.5.0 Function #2765: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute."

This occurs whenever a captured/rescued commander dies on a ship due to life support failure. In my particular case, the order of events was as follows:
- Hostile ship destroys one of my ships, then rescues/captures the survivors.
- Later, I engage the hostile ship, capturing it in boarding action.
- The captured ship's life support is damaged, and the captives/rescuees start dying before the ship can be towed to a maintenance facility or colony.
- When a captured/rescued officer dies due to this, the error popup occurs. It does not seem to have a lasting detrimental effect.

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2024, 12:22:18 PM »
Sorry guys one question, I was annihilated by some ugly lizards from Proxima Centaury and I am about to restart a new campaign, however I see that the 2.5.1 contains the spaceport change which is also a DB change. Would this prevent me to continue a new campaign if I start now and considering Steve is about to release it soon?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2024, 12:31:17 PM »
Sorry guys one question, I was annihilated by some ugly lizards from Proxima Centaury and I am about to restart a new campaign, however I see that the 2.5.1 contains the spaceport change which is also a DB change. Would this prevent me to continue a new campaign if I start now and considering Steve is about to release it soon?

If you are comfortable with minor DB editing, it is a trivial change that you can make by yourself, and I'd be willing to bet you 100 duranium that even if you don't make this one change, you can use the new EXE file and it will work fine.

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #155 on: January 19, 2024, 02:31:07 PM »
If you are comfortable with minor DB editing, it is a trivial change that you can make by yourself, and I'd be willing to bet you 100 duranium that even if you don't make this one change, you can use the new EXE file and it will work fine.
What programs can be used to modify the database?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #156 on: January 19, 2024, 03:04:39 PM »
What programs can be used to modify the database?

I have used DB Browser successfully for some time now.

Offline Kamilo

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • K
« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2024, 10:10:31 AM »
I'm getting this message  (sorry for german) since a spoiler race appeared in sol. I have to keep pressing enter to get through all of them. because of that, I cant play it really anymore. any fix for this?

Offline Louella

• Chief Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #158 on: January 20, 2024, 10:50:33 AM »
I'm getting this message  (sorry for german) since a spoiler race appeared in sol. I have to keep pressing enter to get through all of them. because of that, I cant play it really anymore. any fix for this?

do you also get errors numbered 1943 and 1954, as well as 478 ?

I was getting that error, the only thing that I could do was hold down the "Esc" key to dismiss the popups.
Not sure what causes it, but it seems to be something to do with ships entering sensor range of aliens.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 10:53:06 AM by Louella »

Offline Kamilo

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • K
« Reply #159 on: January 20, 2024, 11:00:10 AM »

I was getting that error, the only thing that I could do was hold down the "Esc" key to dismiss the popups.
Not sure what causes it, but it seems to be something to do with ships entering sensor range of aliens.

Yes I'm getting 1943, 1954 and 478. Did you somehow manage to fix it?

Offline Louella

• Chief Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #160 on: January 20, 2024, 11:21:32 AM »

Yes I'm getting 1943, 1954 and 478. Did you somehow manage to fix it?

I defeated the aliens that were causing the problem, which "fixed" it.
But if it's the Spoilers that are causing it for you, then I'm not sure if that's fixable in the same way, since those Spoilers never run out of ships as far as I know.

Offline ExecCrawfish

• Leading Rate
  • E
« Reply #161 on: January 20, 2024, 01:09:20 PM »
This may have been reported already, but ship decoys cause an error when using 'load previous' in the missile design screen - after selecting them, 'decoy missile' must be checked manually to make the design screen behave properly. 

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #162 on: January 20, 2024, 01:30:30 PM »

This may be a dumb question, but have you saved the game before opening the DB?

I only ask because I have, more than once, poked around in the DB trying to figure out why something was happening, gotten confused, and then realized that the DB was not representative of the actual game because I had not saved yet. I'm sure old VB6 players who were used to the DB being saved after every increment can relate to this as well.

Reasonable question, I did save before opening.  I was adding waypoints, saving and checking where they were before I finally realised the spoilers were still in orbit around the planet. I cross-checked x-y between fleet, waypoint (added to planet) and planet location.
Resurecting this question - has anyone else had this happen to them? This is where several spoiler ships are in a system but do not appear on my ships sensors. I'm not confinved my ships are appearing on the spoilers' sensors either as they don't engage my ships even when they are sat on top of them. If is only for a specific set of spoiler ships in one system. I've used the same fleet of mine to engage and destroy another set of spoilers in another system; so the ships can definitely detect the spoilers. There appears to be some bug with the ships in this specific system. I've attached the db in case anyone fancies having a look. The ships are in the Yfaliamlwch system which is system number 13362 in the DB.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 01:32:39 PM by welchbloke »
Welchbloke

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #163 on: January 20, 2024, 02:40:45 PM »
When the last unit in a higher hierarchy (i.e. battalion level) was destroyed by the enemy, all subordinate formations became invisible, i.e. not listed in the Ground Forces window or the GU/Stockpiles tab. I can only see the units still exist because 1) They're still killing and dying, and 2) I can load them into troop transports and unload them again, but that doesn't make them visible again.

Note in case it matters, playing a 2.4.0 game that I manually upgraded to 2.5.0 per instructions from Steve.

EDIT: I tried loading them into the ships, then toggling on "Show Ships" in the OOB, selecting them while they were in the ship, clearing hierarchy for each unit, and then unloading back onto the planet. That did the trick, I can now see them in the normal OOB again. Seems like the intended behavior when a superior formation is killed should be to either move up a level in the hierarchy or fall out of the hierarchy to be at the level of the local population.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 03:59:57 PM by nakorkren »

Offline Louella

• Chief Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #164 on: January 20, 2024, 02:58:26 PM »
When the last unit in a higher hierarchy (i.e. battalion level) was destroyed by the enemy, all subordinate formations became invisible, i.e. not listed in the Ground Forces window or the GU/Stockpiles tab. I can only see the units still exist because 1) They're still killing and dying, and 2) I can load them into troop transports and unload them again, but that doesn't make them visible again.

Note in case it matters, playing a 2.4.0 game that I manually upgraded to 2.5.0 per instructions from Steve.

I've also had this happen in 2.5.0. Loading them onto transports allows you to recover them into the OOB in the Ground Forces window, but it is quite fiddly to sort them out.

The following users thanked this post: nakorkren