Author Topic: v2.5.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 12945 times)

Online Kamilo

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • K
Re: v2.5.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2024, 04:05:24 PM »
I'm getting this message  (sorry for german) since a spoiler race appeared in sol. I have to keep pressing enter to get through all of them. because of that, I cant play it really anymore. any fix for this?

do you also get errors numbered 1943 and 1954, as well as 478 ?

I was getting that error, the only thing that I could do was hold down the "Esc" key to dismiss the popups.
Not sure what causes it, but it seems to be something to do with ships entering sensor range of aliens.

Yes I'm getting 1943, 1954 and 478. Did you somehow manage to fix it?

I defeated the aliens that were causing the problem, which "fixed" it.
But if it's the Spoilers that are causing it for you, then I'm not sure if that's fixable in the same way, since those Spoilers never run out of ships as far as I know.

I feared you would say something like this. The aliens that are probably causing the problem are an npr and they are in several systems. So it will be quite the effort, mostly because of the time wasted closing the windows...

Offline AlStar

• Lt. Commander
  • Flag Maker Flag Maker : For creating Flags for Aurora
    Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #166 on: January 20, 2024, 07:43:53 PM »
Posting here to increase visibility:
Not sure if this falls under a suggestion or a bug report; but could we get consistent aspect ratios on flags between different screens?

On the Race screen, the flag is displayed at 300 x 175; but on the Intelligence screen, it's only 230 x 175. This leads to flags that are either squished in the intelligence window, or stretched on the Race screen. Aesthetically, it would be better if they were the same.
For the record, I'd rather both were the larger, rectangular shape - it works much better for flags.

SJW: Fixed for v2.5.1
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 08:29:54 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline simast

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • s
« Reply #167 on: January 21, 2024, 08:42:55 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug.. but if I replace 5x Small Maintenance Storage Bays (total 50 tons) with just 1 Maintenance Storage Bay (also 50 tons size) - the ship becomes ~5 tons larger. Maybe the normal module is larger than indicated in the description?

SJW: Removed crew requirement for next DB patch.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 08:48:26 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline kyonkundenwa

• Chief Petty Officer
  • k
« Reply #168 on: January 21, 2024, 11:24:28 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug.. but if I replace 5x Small Maintenance Storage Bays (total 50 tons) with just 1 Maintenance Storage Bay (also 50 tons size) - the ship becomes ~5 tons larger. Maybe the normal module is larger than indicated in the description?
The MSB requires 1 crewman; your vessel is becoming larger due to the addition of a crew quarters (- tiny).
The "bug" would be more a discussion of whether the Small MSB is objectively superior to the regular MSB, which would be unusual as larger storage items are typically cheaper and/or more efficient. 5x Small MSB hold the same MSP as 1x regular MSB, take up the same amount of space (or less if the MSB's added crewman requires additional crew quarters), cost the same in BP (the regular MSB can be more expensive if you consider the added crew quarters), cost only 2 more in minerals (in this case only 1 more because of the addition of the crew quarters - tiny), and have the same HTK (0).

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2024, 11:49:49 AM »

This may be a dumb question, but have you saved the game before opening the DB?

I only ask because I have, more than once, poked around in the DB trying to figure out why something was happening, gotten confused, and then realized that the DB was not representative of the actual game because I had not saved yet. I'm sure old VB6 players who were used to the DB being saved after every increment can relate to this as well.

Reasonable question, I did save before opening.  I was adding waypoints, saving and checking where they were before I finally realised the spoilers were still in orbit around the planet. I cross-checked x-y between fleet, waypoint (added to planet) and planet location.
Resurecting this question - has anyone else had this happen to them? This is where several spoiler ships are in a system but do not appear on my ships sensors. I'm not confinved my ships are appearing on the spoilers' sensors either as they don't engage my ships even when they are sat on top of them. If is only for a specific set of spoiler ships in one system. I've used the same fleet of mine to engage and destroy another set of spoilers in another system; so the ships can definitely detect the spoilers. There appears to be some bug with the ships in this specific system. I've attached the db in case anyone fancies having a look. The ships are in the Yfaliamlwch system which is system number 13362 in the DB.
This is getting stranger and stranger. I have a fleet with active sensors sitting on top of a group of wrecks that have all been salvaged by a spoiler salvage ship and I still cannot pick it up on sensors - really odd. I think I'm going to have to delete the spoiler ships from the DB - any advice on what fields to modify other than FCT_Fleet and FCT_Ship?
Welchbloke

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2024, 12:10:13 PM »
This is getting stranger and stranger. I have a fleet with active sensors sitting on top of a group of wrecks that have all been salvaged by a spoiler salvage ship and I still cannot pick it up on sensors - really odd. I think I'm going to have to delete the spoiler ships from the DB - any advice on what fields to modify other than FCT_Fleet and FCT_Ship?

I'd suggest not doing this because it is likely to cause some bugs, since fleets and ships intersect with several other mechanics/tables.

What might be more useful is to look through the spoiler fleets and identify what system they're in. There have been some weird bugs involving spoiler ships acting like they're in one system while being in another system in the past.

Attaching the DB here, alongside such analysis, could be more useful to Steve.

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2024, 01:31:55 PM »

I'd suggest not doing this because it is likely to cause some bugs, since fleets and ships intersect with several other mechanics/tables.

What might be more useful is to look through the spoiler fleets and identify what system they're in. There have been some weird bugs involving spoiler ships acting like they're in one system while being in another system in the past.

Attaching the DB here, alongside such analysis, could be more useful to Steve.
Understood on the advice not to delete, I included the DB in a previous post but adding an updated version here. When I look in the DB the ships are showing in system 13362, which is the system I detected them in. I've double checked the DB and that is definitely the same system. Looking at the system in the DB No Sensor Checks is toggled to '1'. Is there a selection in the game where I could have inadvertantly set No Sensor Checks? If so this is most likely what the issue is.
Welchbloke

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #172 on: January 21, 2024, 02:27:45 PM »
Looking at the system in the DB No Sensor Checks is toggled to '1'. Is there a selection in the game where I could have inadvertantly set No Sensor Checks? If so this is most likely what the issue is.

It's the game settings (gear button at top-right). Possibly you had this turned off for optimization and forgot to turn it back on?

Offline Louella

• Chief Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #173 on: January 21, 2024, 02:33:56 PM »
I feared you would say something like this. The aliens that are probably causing the problem are an npr and they are in several systems. So it will be quite the effort, mostly because of the time wasted closing the windows...
Yeah, though I found that if I held down the ESC key, it would close all those windows quicker than other methods.
If you upload your database though, Steve might be able to find what is causing the problem, and patch it out.
sorry I can't be of any more help.

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #174 on: January 21, 2024, 02:47:57 PM »
Looking at the system in the DB No Sensor Checks is toggled to '1'. Is there a selection in the game where I could have inadvertantly set No Sensor Checks? If so this is most likely what the issue is.

It's the game settings (gear button at top-right). Possibly you had this turned off for optimization and forgot to turn it back on?

Couldn't find it in the game settings but changed the value to 0 in the DB - problem solved. I can now detect the spoilers :)

I must have changed the setting but I don't recall doing it and I now cannot find the toggle I selected  :o
Welchbloke

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #175 on: January 21, 2024, 02:57:41 PM »
Couldn't find it in the game settings but changed the value to 0 in the DB - problem solved. I can now detect the spoilers :)

I must have changed the setting but I don't recall doing it and I now cannot find the toggle I selected  :o

See the attached image in case it is helpful in the future.  :)

Offline Cobaia

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • C
« Reply #176 on: January 21, 2024, 02:58:34 PM »
Hello everyone,

Don't know if this is known:

Create a Station with Hanger;
Add Parasites to Station;
Tracktor Station;
Parasites disappear;

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #177 on: January 21, 2024, 03:03:17 PM »
Hello everyone,

Don't know if this is known:

Create a Station with Hanger;
Add Parasites to Station;
Tracktor Station;
Parasites disappear;

Known and fixed for 2.5.1.
Fixed a bug that causes deletion of parasites if a ship with parasites is detached from a fleet that is subsequently deleted, before the game is saved and restarted.
In the future I recommend to check the change log before reporting a bug.  ;)

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #178 on: January 21, 2024, 03:20:05 PM »

Thanks and Doh! how did I miss that?
Welchbloke

The following users thanked this post: Cobaia

Offline kyonkundenwa

• Chief Petty Officer
  • k
« Reply #179 on: January 21, 2024, 09:04:57 PM »

Thanks and Doh! how did I miss that?
The setting in that menu shouldn't cause your issue as you'll note that the "no detection" setting is called "none without player presence". If "none without player presence" causes your player race to be unable to detect other vessels, you should report the bug again.