Author Topic: v2.5.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 30043 times)

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
Re: v2.5.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #255 on: September 27, 2024, 06:25:35 AM »
Expanding and then collapsing a category of components in Ship Design wide view adds the last selected component (which can be something completely different) to the design.

Online skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #256 on: September 27, 2024, 07:35:00 AM »
Expanding and then collapsing a category of components in Ship Design wide view adds the last selected component (which can be something completely different) to the design.

Only if you do it in a very specific way.

1) Select a module (not a category) in the list.
2) Put your mouse over any node in the component category tree (expanded or collapsed).
3) Click the node twice, fast enough for your OS to register the action as a double click.

The node will rapidly change state twice (expand - collapse, or vice versa), and the ship component you selected in step 1 is added to the ship.

The following users thanked this post: alex_brunius, relmz32, Alsadius

Offline GreatTuna

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #257 on: September 27, 2024, 12:32:30 PM »
In the Naval Organization window, selecting a fleet with more than ~2.14bn colonist capacity causes a

Code: [Select]
Function #900: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
error. Not an issue 99.9% of the time, but it's possible to run into this if one is particularly zealous with ark modules.

Offline nakorkren

• Commander
  • n
« Reply #258 on: Yesterday at 07:47:38 AM »
I think this has previously been identified, but I recently received "Swarm Extraction Module" technology via espionage of an unrelated NPC. I don't know for sure, but I don't think the NPC in question would've had exposure to the Swarm (since I eradicated the only colony I've seen so far before this NPC was generated), much less an opportunity to gain that tech by capturing their ship via boarding and then salvaging enough modules to gain the tech.

Offline nakorkren

• Commander
  • n
« Reply #259 on: Yesterday at 03:50:19 PM »
I had a colony on a planet, and then started genetic modification to make the population more tolerant of the wide temperature swings. This created a 2nd population of "Human 2.0" on the same planet, with no installations and a different governor. I moved some installations over to keep that pop occupied. Later, the next level of bio tech for temp adaptation was researched, and I created a new species with wider tolerance ranges, and switched to generating that species. All good so far. However, when I moved some genetic conversion centers to the Human 2.0 colony, the Industry tab never showed the genetic conversion interface, so I am unable to convert my Human 2.0s into Human 2.1s.

Offline nakorkren

• Commander
  • n
« Reply #260 on: Yesterday at 05:13:15 PM »
In the very first round of combat on the invasion of an enemy homeworld, the Intelligence window in the ground units tab reported the following for "Infantry II"

Units Hit: 17,752
Armour Penetrated 17,752
Units Destroyed: 17,752

Now I know for a fact that I didn't hit that many Infantry, nor did I kill that many. The Combat log said I killed maybe 250 or so in that first round. I probably did kill every unit I hit, because my weapon tech is a bit higher than their armor tech, but this looks like a bug in the Intel calculations. This issue was present for every type of unit involved in the fight.

Offline Louella

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • L
« Reply #261 on: Yesterday at 07:59:11 PM »
I had a colony on a planet, and then started genetic modification to make the population more tolerant of the wide temperature swings. This created a 2nd population of "Human 2.0" on the same planet, with no installations and a different governor. I moved some installations over to keep that pop occupied. Later, the next level of bio tech for temp adaptation was researched, and I created a new species with wider tolerance ranges, and switched to generating that species. All good so far. However, when I moved some genetic conversion centers to the Human 2.0 colony, the Industry tab never showed the genetic conversion interface, so I am unable to convert my Human 2.0s into Human 2.1s.

iirc this isn't a bug - and it's intended that you can't modify a modified species. Like. you can modify base humans to human 2.0 and base humans to human 2.1, but you can't mod human 2.0 to human 2.1

The following users thanked this post: nakorkren

Offline nakorkren

• Commander
  • n
« Reply #262 on: Yesterday at 09:54:17 PM »
That makes sense, because otherwise you could just continuously modify a species to shift it's tolerance infinitely in one direction or another.

It makes less sense when applied to the +/- temp band tolerance, but that's an edge case and I can see why modding modded species can't be allowed for the reason above.

Online skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #263 on: Today at 07:22:38 AM »
Autoroute by System ignores unticked checkbox for Auto-include Lagrange Points

I have a fleet with the Auto-include Lagrange Points checkbox unticked.
When I select the System Locations radio button and give orders, those order do ignore Lagrange points.
However, when I select the Autoroute by System radio button and give orders, those orders will include Lagrange points (in the current system and any system in the path of travel).

Online skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #264 on: Today at 07:51:02 AM »
Summary:
"Mass Driver" column on Mining tab always showing 0 for minerals not mined locally.

Details:
I have a mining colony with a Mass Driver sending packets to elsewhere.

The Packet Content checkbox in the Display tab is ticked; I can see that the packets in flight contain six minerals.
The most recent packet shows: CB4 T1 B0 V3 S7 G1.

Of those five minerals, the colony is mining three (CB, T, and B).
On the Mining tab, the Mass Driver column shows the correct adjustment for those three minerals (-4, -1, and 0).

For the other three minerals (V, S, and G), the Mass Driver column shows only zeroes, instead of showing the appropriate adjustment for the most recent mineral packet.

Other info:
The Recent SP column shows correct amounts for all minerals.
For example, Gallicite shows -1. There is no local production or consumption of Gallicite; the -1 is due to the most recent mineral packet.

I do have a non-0 reserve setting for every mineral (which doesn't seem to be relevant but I mention it just in case).
For the three minerals in question, the current stockpile and the reserve amounts are:
V   4068    5
S   8705    5
G   2284    1000