Author Topic: NPRs efficacy using boarding craft?  (Read 42 times)

Offline ty55101 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • t
NPRs efficacy using boarding craft?
« on: Today at 10:26:50 AM »
Hi, I was wondering with the certain spoiler using boarding if NPRs would be able to use boarding craft semi effectively.

Currently the plan is to space master in some boarding capable ships and an NPR and then transfer the ships over to the NPR and have that be one of the main ways the NPR will combat the player race.
More guns = more funs

Offline nakorkren

• Commander
  • n
Re: NPRs efficacy using boarding craft?
« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:33:30 AM »
Can't say for certain, but my understanding is that the NPC doesn't usually do well with understanding how to use ships you transfer to it in general, and boarding in particular is a complex mechanism to use well.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: NPRs efficacy using boarding craft?
« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:38:23 AM »
Hi, I was wondering with the certain spoiler using boarding if NPRs would be able to use boarding craft semi effectively.

Currently the plan is to space master in some boarding capable ships and an NPR and then transfer the ships over to the NPR and have that be one of the main ways the NPR will combat the player race.

NPRs design ships for a particular purpose, so know how to use them. They don't have the same information about player-created ships, although they have some limited ability to estimate it. A regular NPR wouldn't know what to do with boarding craft. The spoiler in question handles captured ships in a unique way. A regular NPR doesn't have the required capabilities to match that.

The following users thanked this post: ty55101