Author Topic: 4.0b Bugs  (Read 21678 times)

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
Re: 4.0b Bugs
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2009, 06:29:33 PM »
Just had two weird things happen (infact one of them happened to me earlier as well)

1. Everything just freezes up on random time shifts, it happened once at 30 days and then just there at 3 hours. I was on the system map at both occasions, the first time I managed to get around it by just using time shift on the economy screen. The second time I tried to do the same thing but it gave me weird thing 2:

2. I hit 3hours time shift on the economy screen and it asked me for the SM password, then froze when I clicked ok (I hadn't set a password up and left it blank).

For the second instance of point1 and for the SM password in point2 I had a fleet on course to a JP with orders to transit so maybe the transit logic is happening and that is were it falls over?

Offline Cassaralla

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2009, 01:20:17 PM »
I've hit a point were the game just hangs as well on any time advancement.  I have to kill the program with Task Manager and restart.  Then I find that the time has advanced by the amount I clicked but nothing else has advanced.  Research, building, ship movement etc etc all remain exactly where they were before the advancement.

It's got so bad now that the game hangs every 2 or 3 time advancements.

The game is still in a single system.  I have mapped the Jump Points but the first Jump Ships aren't completed yet, so it shouldn't be jump traffic for me.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2009, 03:45:13 PM »
Mine progressed after a fashion, it must be doing some things, and then crashes. When I next started Aurora up I was in the new system and could hit a couple of timeshifts in the minute(s) range but when I tried anything in the hour(s) range it would freeze.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2009, 06:45:56 PM »
Aurora's not freezing, it's just running very, very slowly.  The price you pay for automated NPRs is occasionally sitting around for an hour while they survey 400 asteroids and fight a major engagement in a month where your empire does nothing more complicated than ship colonists to a neighbouring rock.

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2009, 12:21:09 AM »
ive an q6600 (Quadcore) but ivent noticed difference from 3.2
Am play at Steve Campaign Universe and u know r 17 colonies and 3 races discoveries..plus an probably undiscovered who hit me on "SaltLake"..and Aurora NOT freez and NOT run slow.
For now.
Awesome WORK steve.

Offline Sotak246

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2009, 10:52:33 PM »
I haven't had any problems with freezing or slow turns, but have started getting an error message with every new system.

Error in GetSystem Theme Name
Error 3077 was generated by DAO.Recordset
Syntax error(missing operator) in expression

I started a campaign with the Terran Federation Theme and had no problems till about the 8th system I entered.  I got the above message, but the game continued and it provided the system with a new name from the theme.  I have continued to get the same message with every new system and have explored about 20 since.  It doesn't seem to affect the game at all, so not a bad thing, just kinda strange.

Mark

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2009, 08:23:32 AM »
Quote from: "Sotak246"
I haven't had any problems with freezing or slow turns, but have started getting an error message with every new system.

I started a campaign with the Terran Federation Theme and had no problems till about the 8th system I entered.  I got the above message, but the game continued and it provided the system with a new name from the theme.  I have continued to get the same message with every new system and have explored about 20 since.  It doesn't seem to affect the game at all, so not a bad thing, just kinda strange.

Mark

I think this just started happening to me too - I just saw the error last night.

John

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2009, 10:36:27 AM »
Quote from: "Sotak246"

Mark
From 10-12 years game ive same error in another campaign..

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2009, 01:01:10 AM »
Retooling a shipyard and getting the following error:

-----------
Error in PopulateShipyardComplexes

Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow
[your contact info]
-----------

Alert pops up after clicking 'Set Activity'. Incrementing the time does not update the 'Progress' column, it stays blank, although 'Completion Date' column does change.

Seems to have messed up the Production logic as well.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2009, 01:15:23 AM »
Shipyard is tooled for a Jump Ship yet has a Freighter and the Jump Ship class available for construction.

Also, the default Task Group is not sticking on the Shipyard TG but moving to one of the civilian fleets (which I presume we shouldn't be able to see in dropdowns?).

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2009, 02:00:58 AM »
I have a jump ship transiting the newly found Jump Points in my home system and so far at every transit command it is asking for my SM password. If I click OK it will continue (because I haven't set an SM password) but if I click CANCEL it tells me 'You are not cleared to explore warp points. You may enter explored warp points'.

Seems to be a bug to me, but it could be that I am doing something wrong?

(apologies for the multiple posts in a row, but I am just reporting the 'bugs' as I come across them instead of doing one post with multiple notes)

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2009, 02:20:15 AM »
Quote from: "Beersatron"
I have a jump ship transiting the newly found Jump Points in my home system and so far at every transit command it is asking for my SM password. If I click OK it will continue (because I haven't set an SM password) but if I click CANCEL it tells me 'You are not cleared to explore warp points. You may enter explored warp points'.

Seems to be a bug to me, but it could be that I am doing something wrong?
This is Working As Intended, and IIRC it's been this way since Starfire Assistant.  I think the original motivation was for multi-player games with an SM - only the SM should be entering unexplored WP, since you might end up in someone else's system.  (Wow - it's hard to believe now that SA only had strategic movement!)  I like the feature because it acts as a confirmation when I'm hitting an unexplored WP.

John

Offline Thorgarth

• Chief Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2009, 06:37:56 AM »
Receiving this error message.  Start as soon as my scout jumped into a NPR homeworld.
Error in UpdateAllSensors, subscript out of range.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2009, 09:29:57 AM »
Something still seems to be wrong with Prefab PDC transport.  I just moved a 9-component prefab PDC to another planet in a fleet of 5 cargo ships w/5 holds each.  The fleet also had a tracking station, 2 auto mines, and 50 infrastructure.  After unloading at the target planet - poof!! no prefab components (there seem to be a lot of prefab PDC components in that thin air location :-) ).

John

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2009, 09:32:21 AM »
I mentioned this in passing above (in the post about civilians stealing my sequence numbers), but I just saw a claim in a 3.x bugs thread that it was fixed for 3.2 so I'll explicitly mention it:

Civilian ships are still showing up in the list of potential command assignments.  The good news is that auto-assign is ignoring them (so maybe that's what got fixed).

John