Author Topic: 4.1 Bugs  (Read 10300 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: 4.1 Bugs
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2009, 06:41:04 PM »
Quote from: "James Patten"
I had something similar happen as happened to Beersatron.

Started my empire having fully geosurveyed Sol system, but not gravsurveyed.  Sent my grav ships out, with Survey Nearest Survey Location else return to Jump Point.  Of course they have no jump point to return to, but didn't know what else to put.  After the first time advance, they gravsurvey ships had as the first order Return to NotFound Jumppoint, and second order was Survey Location #5.  I cleared the orders and manually ordered them to SL #5, reset the default orders.  After completing the survey of SL 5, it rec'd an order to return to NotFound Jumppoint.
When you say reset the default orders, do you mean you cleared the default orders or set them back to survey nearest location and return to jump point?

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2009, 06:45:36 PM »
Quote from: "Brian"
I keep getting an error every 8-12 months.  The time only increments 1 day even though I am doing 30 days at a time.

Error in AddtoShippingLineWealth
Error 3201 in DAO.recordset
you can not add/change a record because a related record in shipping line table is missing

I get 18 of these each time it happens.  Also I have exactly 1 freighter in one of the three shipping lines for the player race. None of them ever get any money added to them, nor does the freighter move, even though I have deliberatly set up a colony with more population than infrastructure.
It could be an NPR shipping line that is causing a problem rather than one of yours. Is this v4.1 or v4.11 (check the game window). In v4.1 there is a problem with NPRs that have a machine race theme and don't create a shipping line. Also, if this is a game that you started in v4.1 and then upgraded to v4.11, the bug might have been retained.

With regard to your colony, I know this is a dumb question but is it in the same system as the commercial ships will need a jump gate if it isn't? Also, check the wealth/trade tab of the capital and see if sufficient infrastructure has been produced.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2009, 06:48:08 PM »
Quote from: "rdgam"
Ships with damaged jump drives can still jump.
I removed the active jump drive flag from the Ship window as it was causing problems but It looks like I forgot to replace that with a check on the jump engine :). I'll sort that out.

Magazines are still missing from the technology report.
Although I have updated the code, they won't appear until the next database update because a flag needs to be set in the database.

Steve

Offline James Patten

• Lt. Commander
  • J
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2009, 07:39:19 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
When you say reset the default orders, do you mean you cleared the default orders or set them back to survey nearest location and return to jump point?

Let's say that Ship A has orders to Survey Nearest Body, or Return to Jump Point, and the ship has just entered a new system.  Ship A will be ordered to Return to Jump Point (and the second half of the conditional order clears) then it's ordered to survey the nearest body.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2009, 10:45:33 PM »
The formatting above the construction queue on the industry tab of the F2 screen is screwed up if you have an engineer unit (or maybe both engineer and conventional).  The engineer ends up adding a newline, which knocks the production rate down into the "what to build" selector.

John

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2009, 11:31:18 PM »
My GeoSurvey fleets have a magic secondary order to go to a trade location! See the attached screen

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2009, 11:55:56 PM »
The Good News: Things are working great!!!!

The So-so News:  A few "features" of civilians:

1)  I'm doing a conventional start, and all three civilian lines had built freighters before I even had my first survey vessel built.  Maybe a test for two populated worlds within the empire before the civies start building?

2)  After surveying Mars, I dropped a colony on it.  Unfortunately, I don't have any colony or cargo ships to drop either population or infrastructure there.  So now I've got the civies running empty loads back and forth between Earth and Mars.

3)  The transponder filters (i.e. classifying as a civie contact update which can be filtered out) are working well when Earth's thermal sensors pick them up on the way back from Mars.  Unfortunately, the new "Thermal Contact Lost" message isn't realized that it's civies that are being lost, and so the event should be classified as a civie contact update (which can be hit with the same filter).

John

PS - I love the "contact lost" event - I had a LOT of times in 4.0b where I didn't notice that a contact had disappeared.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2009, 11:57:13 PM »
Quote from: "Beersatron"
My GeoSurvey fleets have a magic secondary order to go to a trade location! See the attached screen
Are these fleets which were once assigned that default order and then you unset it, or have they never been assigned that particular default order?

Steve

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2009, 12:14:22 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Are these fleets which were once assigned that default order and then you unset it, or have they never been assigned that particular default order?

Steve

It has gone now, I hit 'assemble' while they were in Earth orbit and then on the next 'transit and divide' it worked grand!

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2009, 12:22:11 AM »
I haven't ran across any NPRs yet and haven't looked at the DB to see what type they may be, but I just got this:

Error in UpdateWeaponIntelligence
Error 3201 was generated in\\by DAO.Recordset
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'AlienClass'.

**edit**

Spoke too soon, I clicked ok on the errors and then the increment finished. Looks like possible Precursor Fleet and it just whacked one of my GE. The GE had no sensors apart from Geo.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2009, 12:28:51 AM »
I have 4 SS ships sitting in a type 6 nebula system and out of fuel, with auto increment this meant it was going at 5secs (I think) but I changed the sub-pulse to 1 day and it was doing 1 day pulses. I have some better armored and bigger fuel tank ships in system crawling over to them for manual refuel and I had managed to get one back up and running before my GE ships woke up the bad guys (mentioned in above post) and quite possibly triggered another auto-pulse-stop thingy.

Now, even though the bad guy contacts are gone from my system map in the GE system, I can only pulse at 15minutes (judging by the clock on system map screen).

I have me GEs moving to the exit JG and I still have 3 SSs to refuel, suffice to say its taking a while  :(

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2009, 01:05:05 AM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
1)  I'm doing a conventional start, and all three civilian lines had built freighters before I even had my first survey vessel built.  Maybe a test for two populated worlds within the empire before the civies start building?
That's a good idea. I have added a check for at least two worlds that have either population or infrastructure before any civilian ships can be built.

2)  After surveying Mars, I dropped a colony on it.  Unfortunately, I don't have any colony or cargo ships to drop either population or infrastructure there.  So now I've got the civies running empty loads back and forth between Earth and Mars.
I think this will simply be a case of the civilians moving between different trade locations trying to find something to trade. For the moment you could manually add a small amount of infrastructure to Mars to get things started (which is how the NPR colonies do it :)). For the future, the restriction added above should solve the problem.

3)  The transponder filters (i.e. classifying as a civie contact update which can be filtered out) are working well when Earth's thermal sensors pick them up on the way back from Mars.  Unfortunately, the new "Thermal Contact Lost" message isn't realized that it's civies that are being lost, and so the event should be classified as a civie contact update (which can be hit with the same filter).
Also a good idea. I have changed the contact lost events so that all active and transponder contact lost events are noted by contact neutrality (hostile, civilian, friendly, etc.) with only hostile and neutral causing an interrupt. When a thermal contact is lost, a check is now made for any associated active/TP contact. If a matching contact is found, the loss of a thermal contact is noted, along with the identity of the matching active/TP contact, but it doesn't cause an interrupt unless it is hostile/neutral. If an unknown thermal contact is lost, that does cause an interrupt

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2009, 01:10:04 AM »
I haven't ran across any NPRs yet and haven't looked at the DB to see what type they may be, but I just got this:

Error in UpdateWeaponIntelligence
Error 3201 was generated in\\by DAO.Recordset
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'AlienClass'.

**edit**

Spoke too soon, I clicked ok on the errors and then the increment finished. Looks like possible Precursor Fleet and it just whacked one of my GE. The GE had no sensors apart from Geo.
That still shouldn't throw an error though. Did you have an alien class record for the ship that destroyed you? In any event, I have added an extra check to that function so if no alien class is found, it won't attempt to create a weapon record. What is puzzling me is that the code shouldn't get that far without an active contact and if there is an active contact, there should be an associated alien class record.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2009, 01:13:03 AM »
I have 4 SS ships sitting in a type 6 nebula system and out of fuel, with auto increment this meant it was going at 5secs (I think) but I changed the sub-pulse to 1 day and it was doing 1 day pulses. I have some better armored and bigger fuel tank ships in system crawling over to them for manual refuel and I had managed to get one back up and running before my GE ships woke up the bad guys (mentioned in above post) and quite possibly triggered another auto-pulse-stop thingy.

Now, even though the bad guy contacts are gone from my system map in the GE system, I can only pulse at 15minutes (judging by the clock on system map screen).

I have me GEs moving to the exit JG and I still have 3 SSs to refuel, suffice to say its taking a while  :(
If they are out of fuel, they will keep throwing out of fuel events if they try to move anywhere. Check you don't have orders assigned to them - even default orders. If I don't have out of fuel as an interrupt event, you will get spammed with one out of fuel message per subpulse.

Steve

Offline alanwebber

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • a
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2009, 01:53:31 AM »
Steve

A couple of problems.

I started a new game without deleting your old one and ended up with about 30 military units which I hadn't built. It looks like they were carried over when the new game was set up.

Also adding fighter loadouts to carriers doesn't work the same as for missiles. To add 20 fighters you have to add 100 and remove 8x10. If you try adding in 10s, you only get 10 fighters. It looks like the add function isn't working.

A quick questions. Am I right in thinking that maintenance failures for commercial ships have been switched off so that you only need one engineering bay per ship? Otherwise my commercial ships are going to need a lot of maintenance bays.
Regards

Alan Webber