Author Topic: Official v4.7 Bugs Thread  (Read 25667 times)

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
Re: v4.7 Bugs (Current Official Bugs Thread)
« Reply #300 on: January 14, 2010, 09:24:48 AM »
edit: all ok.ive misse done info:)

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #301 on: January 15, 2010, 12:02:12 AM »
Are Grav survey instruments supposed to be a military system? Geosurvey are civilian, but Grav are military.

Offline Cernunnos

• Leading Rate
  • C
« Reply #302 on: January 15, 2010, 08:12:49 AM »
I'm having a problem in my current game, we're several years in but there are no NPR races (I started without any). Suddenly I'm getting error 6, Error in GetPromotionScore: Error 6 was Generted by Aurora, Overflow.

I don't have many Deep space sensors built, and this only became a problem recently, the error only seems to happen when I advance time and get new staff. It doesn't seem to matter what field they're in though.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #303 on: January 15, 2010, 10:29:55 AM »
Quote from: "Magnnus"
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "Magnnus"
when I click on a fleet in the side bar (either military on system map or oob in galactic map) the task groups screen that pops up is placed behind my current screen (system map or galactic map).

I know its minor, but I figured that if you already know what the problem could be it would be a minute fix  :).

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #304 on: January 15, 2010, 10:31:43 AM »
Quote from: "Earl Grey"
I get error... 91, I think, whenever I choose ship or PDC in the ship design screen
This is fixed in v4.8. To avoid the problem in v4.77 you need to create a class first before selecting the Type

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #305 on: January 15, 2010, 10:32:08 AM »
Quote from: "Erik Luken"
Are Grav survey instruments supposed to be a military system? Geosurvey are civilian, but Grav are military.
Yes, gravsurvey are military

Steve

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
Re: Official v4.7 Bugs Thread
« Reply #306 on: January 15, 2010, 11:27:04 AM »
From "PROMOTION BUG?"

Steve..err..ive ENCOUNTER same bug in "another" Campaign:but before 4.8 game ..a damned very boring bug.
Am fear r RANDOM and in a "strange" circumstances.
Unknow,trust me,circustamnces.

Only solution: restart from Zero the game.

Now am start 4.8..
Hope this stupid bug not coming in 4.8:D..

Offline Vargius

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • V
« Reply #307 on: January 16, 2010, 05:45:57 PM »
Hi!

I've experienced an overflow bug with orders and I am wondering if anyone else have experienced this type of behavior. If I set a task groups orders on "cycle moves", typically a Freighter Convoy hauling installations to my colonies, and then exit the game I get an overflow bug when trying to view the task group in the Task Group window after I've loaded. I have experienced this in both of the versions of the game I have tried so far, v4.75 and v4.77.
It seems like the game, instead of actually cycling the moves, when saving the game it creates a vast amount of orders. I suspect this because I typically only have a few orders, e.g. "load infrastructure on Earth" and "unload infrastructure on Mars". When I load the game after I've created one such order for one of my task groups, the order list is filled to the brim and I get the overflow bug when trying to view it in the Task Group window.

Offline TheLastRonin

• Leading Rate
  • T
« Reply #308 on: January 23, 2010, 09:52:55 AM »
Quote from: "Vargius"
Hi!

I've experienced an overflow bug with orders and I am wondering if anyone else have experienced this type of behavior. If I set a task groups orders on "cycle moves", typically a Freighter Convoy hauling installations to my colonies, and then exit the game I get an overflow bug when trying to view the task group in the Task Group window after I've loaded. I have experienced this in both of the versions of the game I have tried so far, v4.75 and v4.77.
It seems like the game, instead of actually cycling the moves, when saving the game it creates a vast amount of orders. I suspect this because I typically only have a few orders, e.g. "load infrastructure on Earth" and "unload infrastructure on Mars". When I load the game after I've created one such order for one of my task groups, the order list is filled to the brim and I get the overflow bug when trying to view it in the Task Group window.

I'm experiencing the same problem.

Offline Yonder

• Registered
  • Lt. Commander
  • Y
« Reply #309 on: January 27, 2010, 07:55:33 AM »
In 4.7.7 I have had an NPR race stuck unable to Load Colonists from some planet for the last 9-10 months, triggering an interrupt every 6 hours (mentioned in the "Time..." thread but I thought I should post here too.)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #310 on: January 28, 2010, 03:10:47 AM »
Quote from: "Yonder"
In 4.7.7 I have had an NPR race stuck unable to Load Colonists from some planet for the last 9-10 months, triggering an interrupt every 6 hours (mentioned in the "Time..." thread but I thought I should post here too.)
I think this one is fixed in either v4.8 or v4.9. In that situation, the program deletes the orders from the problem fleet so the AI can reassess the situation. That deletion didn't exist in v4.7 though :(. As I mentioned in the other thread, you could send me the DB and I can try and fix it, although I didn't realise it was an old version so it will be more difficult.

Steve

Offline Yonder

• Registered
  • Lt. Commander
  • Y
« Reply #311 on: January 28, 2010, 07:08:21 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "Yonder"
I think this one is fixed in either v4.8 or v4.9. In that situation, the program deletes the orders from the problem fleet so the AI can reassess the situation. That deletion didn't exist in v4.7 though :(. As I mentioned in the other thread, you could send me the DB and I can try and fix it, although I didn't realise it was an old version so it will be more difficult.

Steve

I actually started a new game last night with the latest install, so that won't be necessary. I'll still send you the DB tonight in case you would like it for debug purposes, but I don't need it back.

Thanks for your ongoing support!

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #312 on: February 02, 2010, 02:52:56 PM »
Using the Real Stars database in my current campaign I have found two Gliese 505 systems!

[attachment=0:1zqih3w5]Gliese 505.jpg[/attachment:1zqih3w5]
IanD

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #313 on: February 02, 2010, 03:32:47 PM »
Quote from: "IanD"
Using the Real Stars database in my current campaign I have found two Gliese 505 systems!

[attachment=0:3v8sgw6k]Gliese 505.jpg[/attachment:3v8sgw6k]
Do they have the same star type for the primary? Also, are the system ID numbers the same? (this is near the top right of the F9 System View, just left of the tolerances)

Steve

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #314 on: February 02, 2010, 04:00:52 PM »
In a Real Stars game, using SM mode to 'Create Nebula' via the button on the (F9) 'System Information' screen causes every nebula system to be generated with the same name until you create a regular system, which gets an appropriate Real Stars name, and then nebulae get 'stuck' on a different name.