Author Topic: Official v4.8 Bugs Thread  (Read 17787 times)

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
  • You Posted! You Posted! : Earned for posting at least 1 time.
    Have something to say! Have something to say! : Earned for posting at least 10 times.
    Talkative! Talkative! : Earned for posting at least 100 times.
    You should be a moderator! You should be a moderator! : Earned for posting at least 1000 times.
Re: Official v4.8 Bugs Thread
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2010, 03:05:32 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "sloanjh"
Also, in 4.77, the completion date displayed doesn't take into account stockpiled components.  I assume the same is still true....
Stockpiled components are not taken into account. Not sure whether I should include them or not, or perhaps have a checkbox to include them.

Steve

They're not taken into account when you assign the task, but as soon as the first 'construction cycle' update passes, (and the available components are installed) the date changes, doesn't it?  Did I imagine that?

Offline Lafe Sparhawk

• Petty Officer
  • L
    Have something to say! Have something to say! : Earned for posting at least 10 times.
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2010, 03:38:21 AM »
Yike's,
I was wanting to create my first colony and going through that tutorial when I attempted to bring up F9, also the star tab "system view". This is what I get:
Error in LaunchSystemWindow
Error 713 was generated by Aurora
Class not registered
You need the following file to be installed on your machine. MSSTDFMT.DLL.
I keep getting the same error regardless of my efforts.

easy fix?
Lafe

Offline Commodore_Areyar

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • I will format your cruiser!
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2010, 05:22:38 AM »
Quote from: "Commodore_Areyar"
v482
an error that came out of nowhere.

Error in getaverage tftp: error 6 overflow.
occurs once or multiple times during time incrementation, no effect other than interrupted autoturn.

:)

arnoud
images of planets etc

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2010, 10:24:44 AM »
For some reason I appear to have received free active sensors on the size 12 missile

Possibly related was the two missile fire controls I'd designed had their detection strength dropped to 0, once the component had been researched. Repeating the exact same options for a fire control worked correctly the second time.

Offline Osmosis Jones

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • O
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2010, 11:22:57 AM »
4.81 - I'm getting an error number 3421, and it's saying it is related to cycled orders. This is on a fleet of four cargo vessels with about 10 orders total (comprising of pick up and drop off terraforming installations and a single refuel order, set to cycle). Advancing in 30 day increments, everything was fine, then I had one exceptionally slow progression (~5mins real time to progress 30 days). Attempting to advance a second increment gives the 3421 error and locks up the game, requiring me to kill the process in Task Manager.

Related to this, I can open the task groups window,and view all tabs for any group except the aforementioned cargo vessels. In their case, attempting to view the 'task group orders' tab results in the error message 'Error 6 - Overflow" which again locks up Aurora. Also, I'm pretty sure whatever this bug is has caused (or was caused by) an increase in the number of pickup/setdown orders assigned to the cargo fleet (to the point that it is necessary to scroll the window to view them all - given aurora is locked up by this stage, I can't see to what degree it's been duplicated).

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
    You should be a moderator! You should be a moderator! : Earned for posting at least 1000 times.
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2010, 01:15:31 PM »
Quote from: "Lafe Sparhawk"
Yike's,
I was wanting to create my first colony and going through that tutorial when I attempted to bring up F9, also the star tab "system view". This is what I get:
Error in LaunchSystemWindow
Error 713 was generated by Aurora
Class not registered
You need the following file to be installed on your machine. MSSTDFMT.DLL.
I keep getting the same error regardless of my efforts.
If you do a forum search on MSSTDFMT.DLL you should find several threads dealing with this problem. It usually means your operating system doesn't contain this particular DLL and you will have to download and register it.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2010, 01:16:56 PM »
v482
an error that came out of nowhere.

Error in getaverage tftp: error 6 overflow.
occurs once or multiple times during time incrementation, no effect other than interrupted autoturn.

:) Arnoud

ed: each friggin 6 hour increment have to click the OK, aargh!
This bug appears when a fleet without ships is set to task force training. I have added a check to v4.9 to make sure the program handles that situation without an error.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2010, 01:18:24 PM »
Quote from: "Osmosis Jones"
4.81 - I'm getting an error number 3421, and it's saying it is related to cycled orders. This is on a fleet of four cargo vessels with about 10 orders total (comprising of pick up and drop off terraforming installations and a single refuel order, set to cycle). Advancing in 30 day increments, everything was fine, then I had one exceptionally slow progression (~5mins real time to progress 30 days). Attempting to advance a second increment gives the 3421 error and locks up the game, requiring me to kill the process in Task Manager.

Related to this, I can open the task groups window,and view all tabs for any group except the aforementioned cargo vessels. In their case, attempting to view the 'task group orders' tab results in the error message 'Error 6 - Overflow" which again locks up Aurora. Also, I'm pretty sure whatever this bug is has caused (or was caused by) an increase in the number of pickup/setdown orders assigned to the cargo fleet (to the point that it is necessary to scroll the window to view them all - given aurora is locked up by this stage, I can't see to what degree it's been duplicated).
I think this is one where you will need to send me the database. Please zip up the stevefire.mdb file and send it to stevewalmsley at btinternet.com. Please include the error in the email

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2010, 01:19:19 PM »
Quote from: "AtomikKrab"
Minor text bug:
Colonel x has developed a severe medical problem and was forced to retire, assignment prior to retirement C.O. 131st engineering REGIMENT

They have been changed to Brigades in 4.8, no real game effect just the event update text
Fixed for v4.9

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2010, 01:21:38 PM »
Quote from: "metalax"
The tooltip for allocated research labs on the research tab looks to be incorrect as it currently reads 'How many of the item selected on the left will be produced' should probably read something like 'How many research labs will be assigned to the project selected'.
Fixed for v4.9

Steve

Offline Commodore_Areyar

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • I will format your cruiser!
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2010, 02:20:36 PM »
v482 : GetTimeAndDistance : Error 6 overflow
when setting a task for a picketing (speed = 1) TF.

Can't find by search as GTAD is >14char and error 6 too common.
Probably caused by a task taking longer than the maximum allowed value?
which should be . . .32bit is 2147483647 seconds is 86 days.  ;)

-Arnoud
images of planets etc

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2010, 03:01:12 PM »
v482 : GetTimeAndDistance : Error 6 overflow
when setting a task for a picketing (speed = 1) TF.

Can't find by search as GTAD is >14char and error 6 too common.
Probably caused by a task taking longer than the maximum allowed value?
which should be . . .32bit is 2147483647 seconds is 86 days.  :)
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2010, 04:27:36 PM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
I'm not getting any completion dates for proposed builds in my SY.  I think I've seen this before for the first build of a class (or maybe first build of a SY), but it seems to have gotten worse.  It's a naval SY, was the only one, and first tooled class (a geo-survey).

Also, in 4.77, the completion date displayed doesn't take into account stockpiled components.  I assume the same is still true....
I can't reproduce this one at the moment, although I am sure I have seen it in the past. Intermittent bugs are always the hardest to fix. I'll keep an eye out for it and fix it when it appears again. Stockpiled components are not taken into account. Not sure whether I should include them or not, or perhaps have a checkbox to include them.

Steve

On stockpiled components:  I remember in my 4.77 game I had stockpiled some civie engines (along with terraformers) for when my terraformer SY was retooled.  Unfortunately, I started a freighter build just before the terraformers, and the freighters snagged the stockpiled components.  A checkbox to specify whether stockpiles should be used when launching construction would be nice.  On the other hand, I'm sure that if/when you make this change I'll be posting about how I meant to launch a build using stockpiles, but forgot to check the box :-)

John

Offline Lafe Sparhawk

• Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2010, 05:28:28 PM »
Hello,
I just want to say that I have successfully downloaded a MSSTDFMT.DLL file that allows me to access the F9 tab. Not having a computer literate background, delving into Aurora has not only challenged me with the game itself but also with navigating around the common computer tasks many take for granted. Keep the challenges coming, I'm up to it.  :)

Regards,
Lafe

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2010, 07:01:49 PM »
Quote from: "Lafe Sparhawk"
Hello,
I just want to say that I have successfully downloaded a MSSTDFMT.DLL file that allows me to access the F9 tab. Not having a computer literate background, delving into Aurora has not only challenged me with the game itself but also with navigating around the common computer tasks many take for granted. Keep the challenges coming, I'm up to it.  :)
Glad to hear you got sorted out!

Steve