Author Topic: Official v4.8 Bugs Thread  (Read 17667 times)

Offline Rathos

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • R
Re: Official v4.8 Bugs Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2010, 01:55:41 AM »
v4.82

Whenever you pick to make your own custom start instead of sol, any new ships you build don't show up in the individual ship list.

At least, I'm pretty sure that is what is happening, and it has done it every time I've tried. Or am I just missing something?

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2010, 02:50:43 AM »
I reported this in v4.7 and am not sure if it just me not understanding the logic.

I placed two fleets into Task Force Training and they went about the system doing 'stuff' until they nearly ran out of fuel and I got a warning. So I looked at the TF Training column on the fleet listings and they were all at 0! I remember that in previous versions this would have been at about 10 by now. The ships have commanders and I have a fully staffed sector command. Also, the refuel at 30% command doesn't kick in for a fleet on TF Training.

*edit*
Also, a full day after I jumped into a system with hostiles and some of my ships still haven't got their sensors online, thats got to be a bug, right? Or do I have to shoot some officers? :)

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2010, 04:13:17 AM »
Quote from: "Beersatron"
Also, a full day after I jumped into a system with hostiles and some of my ships still haven't got their sensors online, thats got to be a bug, right? Or do I have to shoot some officers? :)

I suggest every 10th one (sorry my 4.8 game is the New Roman Empire *sigh* mugged by Renegade Legion

Matt
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline Commodore_Areyar

• I will format your cruiser!
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2010, 05:02:05 AM »
cosmetic v481.
The wellknown flexgrid error (#30009 i believe) that was fixed for science and officers also occurs when the num ber of entries in the events screen is changed.
occurs each time at least one event is added and the window left open (it returns to default # entries if closed).
images of planets etc

Offline Commodore_Areyar

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2010, 05:39:33 AM »
AI bug v481:

Designating a planet as Colony is enough for AIs to bombard the empty planet with radiation.
The 'owning' player will get a report of this as well, even when the containing system has no presence at all.
This probably wastes resources for the aliens and can be abused as early warning...if the player doesn't mind irradiated planets.
Probably related to troops firing on own planets.

edit: these appear to be those precursors, they ignored my tiny jumpscout, but killed my larger science vessel as soon as it set course for the planet in question with active scanners on. [52x 800kt with meson at 10000km/s they look like dustmites and ignore comms]

--
Might be more a gameplay question, but:
Was building similar ships in a shipyard removed in a recent version?
i.e. I designed 2 alt versions with only identically sized sensor swapped (geo/grav), but a navalyard tooled for A does not want to build B.

cheers,
Arnoud
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 05:40:18 AM by Commodore_Areyar »
images of planets etc

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2010, 09:25:19 AM »
Quote from: "Beersatron"
I reported this in v4.7 and am not sure if it just me not understanding the logic.

I placed two fleets into Task Force Training and they went about the system doing 'stuff' until they nearly ran out of fuel and I got a warning. So I looked at the TF Training column on the fleet listings and they were all at 0! I remember that in previous versions this would have been at about 10 by now. The ships have commanders and I have a fully staffed sector command. Also, the refuel at 30% command doesn't kick in for a fleet on TF Training.
<snip>

That one's known.  Not really a bug, Steve has not coded to allow default or conditional orders to override training.  I agree that at least conditionals should at least trigger a log event.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2010, 01:50:59 PM »
Why does the first missile tracking time project (1000 RP, conventional start) say 0%?  It seems like researching this doesn't do anything besides unlocking actual bonuses.

John

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2010, 02:41:23 PM »
I don't remember if this is a "purportedly fixed" known issue or not....

I recently tried to refit 5 of my old conventional-start PDCs to a design with more modern fire control.  After the refit (which appeared to have succeeded), none of them had changed class.  I'll probably fix it in the DB if/when it becomes relevant, but this may mean that all of PDC refitting is (still) bugged.  (And I would second the suggestion of being able to scrap PDC.)

John

Offline backstab

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2010, 01:33:16 AM »
Any one having problems accessing the Planetary Market ... mine does not seem to be working
Move foward and draw fire

Offline mrwigggles

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2010, 03:25:00 AM »
Hey there, I am playing v4.82

I was following along the tutorial, and setting up my gravitational survey task force with the FO.

I got the error as follows:

Error 3163 was generated by DAO.Field
This field is to small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data.

Offline Commodore_Areyar

« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2010, 08:48:13 AM »
v482

science:
canceling a base technology under research causes mayhem in associated finished/developed techs.

I canceled half finished geartech of 4000RP in order to develop a needed turret design.
this caused all (to be researched) energy tech to be lost and replaced by turret trackingspeed of 1000RP and 2000RP, all my research into gaussturrets was lost from the queue as well. Logistics tab seems to be affected as well as troop power was is there previoiusly and not anymore.
The opposite seems to have occured in the kinetics tab: all previously researched components are again available for research. This 'Lost research' seems to only affect the research window, in the technology window my developed components still exist.

I'm ctr-alt-del closing the program without closing the window now in the hope it will revert to before I canceled.
-edit:
phew! when I restarted the game, the researcher was still free from the geartech, but all other technologies were back in place thankfully.
No harm, no foul, just a bit scary. ;)

-Arnoud
images of planets etc

Offline narakal

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • n
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2010, 09:13:57 AM »
ok... in another long term game, I got an update all sensors overflow...error 6. ....If it helps, the year was from 2012-2629

EDIT. Also, on a second game that I did with this, from 2013-2117~~  or so, this occured again, but after restarting the game it dissappeared. However, I did mess with SM for quite a bit before reloading the game.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 09:45:11 PM by narakal »

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2010, 09:32:34 AM »
Quote from: "Commodore_Areyar"
v482

science:
canceling a base technology under research causes mayhem in associated finished/developed techs.

I canceled half finished geartech of 4000RP in order to develop a needed turret design.
this caused all (to be researched) energy tech to be lost and replaced by turret trackingspeed of 1000RP and 2000RP, all my research into gaussturrets was lost from the queue as well. Logistics tab seems to be affected as well as troop power was is there previoiusly and not anymore.
The opposite seems to have occured in the kinetics tab: all previously researched components are again available for research. This 'Lost research' seems to only affect the research window, in the technology window my developed components still exist.

I'm ctr-alt-del closing the program without closing the window now in the hope it will revert to before I canceled.
-edit:
phew! when I restarted the game, the researcher was still free from the geartech, but all other technologies were back in place thankfully.
No harm, no foul, just a bit scary. ;)

-Arnoud

Sounds like a display issue, I know that Steve was having some issues with the Grids on that tab and there is a lot going on that VB6 probably took a hissy fit and spat it's dummy out!

I would suggest regularly saving the Stevefire database file into a folder outside your installation, that way you can revert back with ease. (there is no auto-save or save button in Aurora)

Offline greywolf

• Leading Rate
  • g
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2010, 09:49:12 AM »
Aurora 4.82: Keep getting errors 3061 and 91 (reported by DAO.database, missing parameter, variable) in system map window when progressing time. Intermittandly, but when it starts (always with a 3061 error, followed by one or several 91 errors) it may happen a few times in a row when I continue pressing ok on the error box. Eventually, the game returns to normal, but I don't know what damage has been caused inside the database.

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2010, 11:26:57 AM »
Quote from: "backstab"
Any one having problems accessing the Planetary Market ... mine does not seem to be working

Yeah, I'm having the same issue. Clicking the planetary Market button on the system map is doing nothing.