Author Topic: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread  (Read 26426 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 02:20:29 PM »
Quote from: "rdgam"
In version 5.11 with your SPACE RACE game.

When a Task Group turns on Task Force Training,  the next moves error with Orders not Possible: Destination waypoint not found for "task group".
Finally tracked this one down. TGs in training use temporary waypoints that are created just for the duration of the increment. The problem is that when I load the waypoint table to create the new waypoint, there is a check (that shouldn't be there) to see if any waypoints exist. If no waypoints exist, the TG destination is not created and the above error is the result. The fix will be in v5.13 when I release it. In the meantime, there is an easy workaround. Just create a waypoint somewhere and don't delete it. That will allow the check to pass and the correct new WP will be created for TG training.

Steve

Offline The Shadow

• Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 03:20:36 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Which theme are you using?

Oy.  I didn't realize themes changed the rank names, sorry.  I also forgot that I switched over to 'Nations of Earth' to give it a try.

All the same, those are rather weird names for naval officers. :)

Offline dooots

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • d
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 05:02:42 PM »
In a standard conventional start if you disband or convert the "11th Low Tech Armour" ground unit you can no longer select the top row in the ground units tab.

I think the fallowing is the new feature that was added.
[spoiler:2bcrbyrw]If you try to move a task group to a stable wormhole they fly to the center of the sun.  Also I had two stable wormholes up and there was only one under system locations in the task groups window.  And lastly the new NPR tries to fire missiles in a nebula.[/spoiler:2bcrbyrw]

Offline AndonSage

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2010, 06:12:14 AM »
Not sure what is happening here as this is working perfectly on my version. Could you post a screenshot of the entire window?
The Leaders screen is attached. An A6 Civilian Administrator is selected, the Eligible Only box is checked, and A3 Governor of Earth is not showing. It only shows when Eligible Only box is not checked.

While we're on this screen, I also noticed that the first promotion in Officer History always uses the year 2025, even if I chose a different starting year (e.g. 2050) when setting up the game.
"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once." - Robert A. Heinlein
"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!" - Pericles (430 B.C.)
"A government big enough to give you everyt

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2010, 11:05:48 AM »
ive a Fighter Wings with inside 140 Shuttle,am try to Divide them in single for Assault Marines purpouse.

"ERROR 9 was generated by Aurora
Subscript out of range.."

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2010, 11:54:11 AM »
Quote from: "The Shadow"
All the same, those are rather weird names for naval officers. :)

Because that theme (and almost all others) predates the Naval / Civilian / Scientist / Ground Forces officer split.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2010, 12:58:39 PM »
Quote from: "dooots"
In a standard conventional start if you disband or convert the "11th Low Tech Armour" ground unit you can no longer select the top row in the ground units tab.

I think the fallowing is the new feature that was added.
[spoiler:2nu4r2n3]If you try to move a task group to a stable wormhole they fly to the center of the sun.  Also I had two stable wormholes up and there was only one under system locations in the task groups window.  And lastly the new NPR tries to fire missiles in a nebula.[/spoiler:2nu4r2n3]
Both should be corrected in v5.13

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2010, 02:23:58 PM »
Quote from: "AndonSage"
Not sure what is happening here as this is working perfectly on my version. Could you post a screenshot of the entire window?
The Leaders screen is attached. An A6 Civilian Administrator is selected, the Eligible Only box is checked, and A3 Governor of Earth is not showing. It only shows when Eligible Only box is not checked.
Sorry, I didn't read the original post properly and hadn't picked up on the setting of the eligible checkbox. I have reproduced it now and fixed it for v5.13

Steve

Offline Maltay

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2010, 05:43:57 PM »
When I do a conventional start, I begin receiving this error on 1st January, 2030.  On four separate conventional starts, this happened four times.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Offline Xaoc

• Petty Officer
  • X
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2010, 07:45:15 AM »
In 5.12, If I zoom in on the system map while its set to display passive sensor ranges I get a Error 6 overflow in the couple of million km ranges. Nothing major, it seems, but annoying.
Also, it possible to enter 0 into the galaxy map's Gird Size box and get a divide by zero error if Line Up is clicked, which causes the game to crash. Maybe the game should check if Gird Size is zero and ignore it if it is.
I'm not 100% sure, but it seems Geological Survey Report will cause the game to crash if there are no known mineral bodies. Happened to me when I was setting up my custom race in SM, but I wasn't attentive enough to check the error. Sorry.

Offline Xaoc

• Petty Officer
  • X
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2010, 11:23:54 AM »
Whenever I use gg11.jpg as an image for an planet the came will perpetually crash when I enter the F9 System View. Weirdly enough I get an error that it can't find g11.jpg, coping gg11.jpg and changing the name to g11.jpg seems to work.

Offline James Patten

• Lt. Commander
  • J
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2010, 01:56:03 PM »
I did a pre-TN start.

I converted a low-tech unit into a cadre.  I then ordered that the cadre be turned into an Engineering unit.  When I saw how long it would take, I deleted the task.  The cadre is now gone.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2010, 04:58:08 PM »
If you create a second empire in Sol System ,say on Triton, the moon is immediately renamed Earth in the new empires economics screen, F9 screen etc.
Regards
IanD

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2010, 05:09:31 PM »
Quote from: "IanD"
If you create a second empire in Sol System ,say on Triton, the moon is immediately renamed Earth in the new empires economics screen, F9 screen etc.
Regards

Did you change the default empire name from "Terran Federation" and the default homeworld name from "Earth" when you created the second empire?

Offline dooots

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • d
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2010, 08:43:20 PM »
There seems to be a memory leak in the system maps screen (F3).  Opening and closing it slowly increase the memory use of Aurora in the Task Manager.  Also using the system maps screen for automated turns for one year on a conventional start raised the memory usage from 55ish MBs to 80ish MBs.  All that happened in that year was the research of TN tech and a few officer events.  After restarting Aurora I ran a few months from the economics screen (F2), and the memory usage stay at about 50 MBs. (I used 5 day increments the entire time)

I wouldn't have noticed but after a long session last night.  I went to turn off the computer and it told me something was still running.  I opened up Task Manager and there was Aurora slowly freeing up over 600 MBs of memory.  And I was still in the sol system when I quit playing.