Author Topic: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread  (Read 26636 times)

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
Re: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2010, 06:59:52 AM »
Engineering brigades are still listed as being under a brigade hq instead of a division hq.

Brian

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2010, 12:22:47 PM »
Quote from: "Brian"
Engineering brigades are still listed as being under a brigade hq instead of a division hq.
That's intentional, although I need a better way to handle it. Perhaps a different name than Brigades.

Or something else I was considering is to have attached units at brigade and division level that don't count against the normal 4 unit maximum. Some form of artillery-equivalent, replacement unit, engineering, etc,. maybe even a type of air-defence.

Steve

Offline Xaoc

• Petty Officer
  • X
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2010, 01:36:04 PM »
Quote from: "The Shadow"
Quote from: "Xaoc"
5.14:
Technology Report window has both the Electronic Warfare and Cloaking Devices. Now I don't have any cloaking devices in this game yet, but aren't these categories essentially the same? ECMs and ECCMs show up on both categories.

No, they aren't at all the same.  ECM makes your ship harder to hit;  cloaking makes it harder to see in the first place.

Ah, but then its even more obviously a bug. ECMs and ECCMs are listed on both categories and I used SM to create some cloak devices and sure enough, they're not listed in the 'cloak device' category in the Tech Report window. I personally don't care whether cloak devices are listed separately or not(they're listed together in the class design window), but the current setup is obviously buggy.

Quote from: "The Shadow"
5.14:
Also, Technology Report window doesn't have a category for survey modules. Since survey modules aren't displayed anywhere in the Tech Report I can't make older modules obsolete to reduce clutter in the design window. Indeed, a lot of non-player-designed components aren't, which is for the most part fine, except for those components that are upgraded via background tech for which we should be able to mark obsolete the old components which we are unlikely to use.

You can obsolete old-tech geosurvey sensors and the like in the Class Design screen.  Look for the "Obsolete Comp" button and the "Show Obsolete" checkbox.

Oh, Thanks. I didn't notice that since it was shortened to 'Obso Comp'. He, he...

5.14:

Speaking of cloaking devices. The SMed 99.5% cloaking devices seem to work on all classes, regardless of size. A 24HS cloak seems to work just as well on a 20HS Corvette as a 200HS Freighter, reducing the TCS by 99,5% on both designs. I haven't tested whether it also works in action, but I'm a bit worried now, that the numbers in class design window might not all be correct.

Offline Elouda

• Gold Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2010, 04:34:06 AM »
I get an "Error 3070" when trying to open the Ships page and selecting a ship with a tractor beam, or opening the same page from the Task Group window by double clicking a ship with a tractor beam. After bypassing these errors, the Ships page will open, but the only targets available for linking by tractor beam are shipyards. I've included a screenshot in the link below. Maybe this is related to how you fixed tractor beams in the last patch?

Also, something else I thought to mention, I've noticed some scaling issues with text in some places. I'm running this on Windows 7 with a 1920 x 1080 resolution with standard size windows, and the text will display like in the image below. If I run it at "150% window size", this no longer occurs, but of course then it wont fit on my screen anymore. Not sure if this is just caused by the fact that I'm running said resolution on a 17" laptop or what (as it does not occur on my desktop), and its not a major issue, but I just thought I'd bring it up.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1791/tugerror.png
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 04:35:35 AM by Elouda »

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
Re: Official v5.14 Bugs Thread
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2010, 04:35:13 AM »
Wormholes:"Error in WormholeMoves"

Error 3265 was generated...DAO.fields

"Elemento non trovato in questo insieme" (element not found...)

Offline Tamunshin

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • T
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2010, 02:27:15 AM »
Quote from: "Elouda"
I get an "Error 3070" when trying to open the Ships page and selecting a ship with a tractor beam, or opening the same page from the Task Group window by double clicking a ship with a tractor beam. After bypassing these errors, the Ships page will open, but the only targets available for linking by tractor beam are shipyards. I've included a screenshot in the link below. Maybe this is related to how you fixed tractor beams in the last patch?

I've had this bug as well,

After sending my engineless BDB's out on task force training I realised that they weren't actually capable of catching up with the planet they were stationed on so I built some tugs to pull them in, only whenever I clicked on the tug in the ships list window I would get that error message and nothing would show up in the 'create tractor link' dropdown. I eventually had to resort to SM'ing the bases back to the planet.

Offline Xaoc

• Petty Officer
  • X
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2010, 10:21:14 AM »
When I use my second monitor for some of the windows, like the task groups window, the windows will open up 'off-screen' after I close them on the second monitor. My second monitor is positioned on the upper left corner of the main monitor in the Windows display settings, this is to avoid my mouse 'accidentally getting lost' on the other screen. So, when I move an window, like the task groups window, to the second monitor and close it there and open it again, it will appear 'off-screen' 'below' the second monitor. See the image below for a visual explanation. The only way to get the 'off-screen' window back on-screen is to use the move function on the taskbar and then move the window with arrow keys till Its on-screen enough to be moved with the mouse. While not game-breaking, its still annoying.

[attachment=0:27szheao]Monitors.jpg[/attachment:27szheao]

Offline Randy

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2010, 02:38:00 PM »
Just curious - but what would happen if you reversed the location of your primary and secondary monitors? IE put primary in top left, secondary in bottom right...

Offline Xaoc

• Petty Officer
  • X
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2010, 02:48:07 PM »
Quote from: "Randy"
Just curious - but what would happen if you reversed the location of your primary and secondary monitors? IE put primary in top left, secondary in bottom right...

Hmm... I reversed the positions of my monitors and now it works without a hitch. Fancy that. Maybe I'll leave the monitors like this then, though getting used to the new positions will be a hassle.

On an unrelated note:

I know I'm going to get a reputation for being a nitpick with this, but 'landing craft' is listed twice in the hull selection drop-down in the class design window with default settings, 3.14.

Offline Elouda

• Gold Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2010, 11:52:07 PM »
Found this, its minor since you can choose not to use it, but still; You can set the production % for factories to above 100 percent for a single item. Just enter a % above 100 when nothing else is being produced and voila. This happened to me as I was intending to enter "40" into percentage and "200" into number, but transposed them and was shocked. I have only tried it for installations, but I assume it world work for components, PDCs and missiles too.

Offline paperjack

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • p
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2010, 12:47:51 PM »
When launching the game, Error 3265 in cboGame was generated by DAO.fields: Elemento non trovato in questo insieme. (Element not found in this group.) appears

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2010, 03:43:09 AM »
Quote from: "paperjack"
When launching the game, Error 3265 in cboGame was generated by DAO.fields: Elemento non trovato in questo insieme. (Element not found in this group.) appears
Did you run the v5.14 data update after updating to v5.14?

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2010, 03:44:31 AM »
Quote from: "Elouda"
Found this, its minor since you can choose not to use it, but still; You can set the production % for factories to above 100 percent for a single item. Just enter a % above 100 when nothing else is being produced and voila. This happened to me as I was intending to enter "40" into percentage and "200" into number, but transposed them and was shocked. I have only tried it for installations, but I assume it world work for components, PDCs and missiles too.
Fixed for next version

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2010, 03:48:00 AM »
I know I'm going to get a reputation for being a nitpick with this, but 'landing craft' is listed twice in the hull selection drop-down in the class design window with default settings, 3.14.
They have two different abbreviations: LCA (Landing Craft Assault) and LCU (Landing Craft Utility). I have expanded the names to match the abbreviations.

Steve

Offline James Patten

• Lt. Commander
  • J
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2010, 06:24:32 AM »
I may have a bug.  I started with a conventional (pre-TN) start, with some ICBM missile bases.  I tried refitting one to a TN design, but after spending all the time and resources on it nothing appeared to have happened.

Also would be nice to have a way to scrap PDCs.