Author Topic: Official Suggestion Thread for 5.20 or later  (Read 147416 times)

Offline theonlystd

• Chief Petty Officer
  • t
Re: Official Suggestion Thread for 5.20 or later
« Reply #630 on: September 27, 2011, 05:48:37 PM »
Officer History

I know this option used to be in older versions or something.. But so many officers cluttered crap up..

But would like for dead and retired officers to be saved somewhere for RP reasons and such.. To cut down on how many are saved so the amount doesnt reach insane amounts.. Id like it to only save officers that have a Medal of some kind? I award all my Officers who partake in a serious battle a medal so I can kind of keep track of who does what and where and when...Maybe a way to export it and clear it or something or to? Dunno if any of the above is possible but would be awesome for me atleast.

Any hope auto assignment thing for officers to assign officers without crew bonus's to ships?? Tis bugs me I have guys who will hang around for the 6,7 years and never do anything cause they dont have any crew bonus.. Some officers are crappy they should still fly a ship!

Offline Din182

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #631 on: September 27, 2011, 09:33:08 PM »
Make it so that systems take damage, and that the more damage they take, the harder it is to repair and the worse it works. And if a system take enough damage, it is destroyed and can only be repaired in a shipyard. So a system has 6 health. If it take 3 damage, it will won't work very well at all, but is still repairable. If it take 6 damage, it is destroyed completely.
Invader Fleet #13090 has notified Fleet Command that it intendeds to Unload Trade Goods at Earth!

Offline Jacob/Lee

• Lt. Commander
  • (Where I got this .gif beats me!)
« Reply #632 on: September 27, 2011, 09:47:36 PM »
This has probably been brought up many times before, but better AI would be very much appreciated. Namely, them being able to board and making more intelligent decisions (See: unloading whole magazines on tiny 2000 ton ship and below quote).
Quote from: not me
One thing? Better NPR AI.

Right now they're too stupid to be a real challenge in the long term. Even just giving them a proper AI for research would go a long way, right now they'll do research with the wrong researchers (giving up the significant bonus), research the same thing more than once at a time (paying double for the same tech), and always put research on the back burner (it's the first to go for budget cuts, even in peace time - building a massive fleet of low tech fodder is more important). Plus they research the dumbest things.

I had a 50 year game where when I finally met the NPR 40 years in they had nuclear pulse engines still. I dug into the NPR techs in designer mode to see what they had researched, and they had picked up millions of RPs worth of jump drive tech and jump gate building tech (they had the capability of building jump gates in 30 days) and construction techs (they had 2100 ship building rate). They had built like 5000 jump gates and had a massive fleet of military ships and a bunch of little colonies, but their military ships were going 2700 km/s and their beam ships had a range of 30k km and their anti-ship missiles had a warhead of 4 with a speed of 16000 km/s and a measly range of 16m km. If they had spent half the points they put into those techs on more useful technologies they would have had a military that wasn't a complete joke. I sent in one 5000 ton beam ship armed with particle beams and gauss for point defense (with 100% hit rate on their crummy missiles) and wiped out their fleet. They couldn't touch it.

They had good research tech and like 80 labs too. If they had focused on making an effective military instead of their jump fetish they could have given my empire a real challenge.

Sometimes NPRs can be good, but mostly it seems to be just pure random chance if they research the right techs.

Offline user-unknown

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #633 on: September 29, 2011, 12:50:08 PM »
Updates to alien intelligence notes

When salvaging alien wrecks, I've pulled a number of subsystems out of them, but only rarely get information added to the class information.  It would be useful to have a 'known subsystems' panel in the class design display that gets updated when a subsystem is taken from a wreck so I don't have to make notes about a ship having missile launchers/jump gate construction/geological sensors/etc. in the notes section.

Tied into this could be the ability for the sensor range display for alien contacts to update itself based on known capabilities (as described here http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,4140.msg40482.html#new).  If I know a race has EM sensitivity 14 or whatever or I've actually taken complete sensor arrays out of the wreck of a class, it would be useful if the displayed sensor range for that classes sensors took that into account.  Or maybe, if you know/suspect a race has a certain level of sensitivity tech, you could have a setting on that races pages for 'display sensors from this race assuming sensitivity X'?

Maybe a very small chance of getting a complete class design display when salvaging a wreck?  - I want to see what Precursor ships look like on the inside :)

Would also be useful for the overall known tech for alien race list to include information from technology transfers and espionage if it doesn't already but thats never actually worked for me (EDIT: just found the 'select target for espionage' button... that's probably why it wasn't doing anything :) )
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 04:38:34 AM by user-unknown »

Offline HaliRyan

• Lt. Commander
  • H
« Reply #634 on: October 01, 2011, 11:37:32 AM »
I'm currently fighting a battle in an NPR's home system and there's something close to 200 ships of various types here. It'd be really nice if there was a way to sort the list of them in both the 'System Location' box in the Task Group window, and especially the 'Assign Contact as Target' box of the Combat Overview window. Either by distance or alphabetically. As it is, following anything in this system is a pain, and targeting specific enemies from a group with my beam ships is even worse.

On the same note perhaps a max range for contacts listed as available targets would be a good thing for beam fire controls, not just MFCs. Having an enemy at 1600 million km be a valid target for my 60k km range meson cannon doesn't help much.  :P

Online wedgebert

• Ace Wiki Contributor
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • w
« Reply #635 on: October 05, 2011, 11:47:57 PM »
Two small suggestions

1)  If the increments are being shortened due to possible combat in another system, if in SM mode, can the system it's occuring in be listed so we can jump to it and add a spacetime bubble to resolve it faster?  Unless actual combat occurs, sometimes it's impossible to know where the two sides are playing "who can keep the other in sensor range but out of weapons range the longest?"

2)  On the System Map screen, can the Racial Wealth: XXX(+/-YY) from the economics screen title bar be added?

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
« Reply #636 on: October 06, 2011, 06:00:35 AM »
Couple of suggestions for the combat screen:

1) For fighters and other similar ships it would be great if you could select multiple ships in the left hand menu for allocating targets. I quite often have a wing of 20 fighters but only want five of them to engage a target. The multiple targets button helps but does not quite get you there.

2) When moving between ships it would be great if the MFC with weapons allocated to it would be the default one selected.

3) I think I haave said this before but keeping the current ship that you are allocating targets to selected on the drop down list would really help in working out which ships have a target. Actually thinking about it, an extra column in both your ships and the hostile ships box that has a tick in it to show that your ships have a target or the hostile ships have been targetted by one of your ships would be very helpful as well.

Offline theonlystd

• Chief Petty Officer
  • t
« Reply #637 on: October 07, 2011, 01:13:37 AM »
Another thing.. Id love ground units to get some love the whole thing is kind of generic compared to ships atm and could be so much fun!!!

Needs some kind of tie in with biology/genetics and genetic modification buildings..Want to assembly line my own line of genetic enhanced Space Marines. The warhammer 40k fan in me clamours for such things ...

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
« Reply #638 on: October 07, 2011, 04:05:06 AM »
Go search waresky, you two will have a lot to discuss. ;)
Not that I disagree or anything.

Offline orfeusz

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #639 on: October 07, 2011, 08:28:35 AM »
Another thing.. Id love ground units to get some love the whole thing is kind of generic compared to ships atm and could be so much fun!!!

Needs some kind of tie in with biology/genetics and genetic modification buildings..Want to assembly line my own line of genetic enhanced Space Marines. The warhammer 40k fan in me clamours for such things ...

+1  ;D

Also, i write it somewhere, but i will repeat...

SOUND OF TURN END. When i click 30 day it take sometime 4-5 minutes (old CPU + long game) and i tend to go use Firefox. Sometimes forgot that i was playing and use Internet for 15 minutes before i notice that i was playing Aurora. Not good.
Only in Death does Duty End

Offline Ashery

• A
« Reply #640 on: October 07, 2011, 10:47:29 AM »
+1  ;D

Also, i write it somewhere, but i will repeat...

SOUND OF TURN END. When i click 30 day it take sometime 4-5 minutes (old CPU + long game) and i tend to go use Firefox. Sometimes forgot that i was playing and use Internet for 15 minutes before i notice that i was playing Aurora. Not good.

Heh, solved that on my end by not having Firefox set to full screen. Just a small gap at the bottom to see the updated events (As shown on the system map).

Online wedgebert

• Ace Wiki Contributor
  • w
« Reply #641 on: October 07, 2011, 02:42:39 PM »
Heh, solved that on my end by not having Firefox set to full screen. Just a small gap at the bottom to see the updated events (As shown on the system map).

That's what I do, but then I realize it's been 30 minutes and I haven't noticed a message change because "Mars is currently experiencing unrest due to overpopulation..." that happens every turn...

Online wedgebert

• Ace Wiki Contributor
  • w
« Reply #642 on: October 07, 2011, 11:09:02 PM »
In the System Locations Available listbox on the Task Groups screen, can the distance from the current location (or previous plotted move) be added?

Offline scvn2812

• Chief Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #643 on: October 07, 2011, 11:29:31 PM »
Somewhere in the task force and individual ship status listings it should mention whether or not that ship is experiencing post jump effects.

Offline user-unknown

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #644 on: October 08, 2011, 04:06:58 PM »
Somewhere in the task force and individual ship status listings it should mention whether or not that ship is experiencing post jump effects.

I think it does, but only when they are in effect.  It replaces the maintenance state and clock with sensor delay and fire delay columns.