Author Topic: Official Suggestion Thread for 5.20 or later  (Read 148311 times)

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
Re: Official Suggestion Thread for 5.20 or later
« Reply #750 on: January 17, 2012, 11:01:25 AM »

I have started a new game with 5.56 without Invaders and 58 years, 80 systems explored I have had no slow downs what so ever – so far, although I may have eliminated the primary NPR early on!

Anyone have other thoughts

I do.  I've talked about this previously.  I think steve fixed it so that when you kill an NPR, its exploration ships surrender as well, so infinite-fuel and infinite-maitenance ships don't just chart the galaxy forever.  I couldn't find the conversation, however. 

I understand why we want alien exploration-- richness, vibrancy-- but until my graphics card is able to help with some of these operations and the operations can be spread to all 8 cores on my cpu... I'd rather grossly limit how much exploration the aliens can really do.  My last strategy was to find NPRs as they spawn, and DESTROY WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE so they can't explore much.

Didn't work.  Game still shut down after ~80 years.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #751 on: January 23, 2012, 05:34:19 PM »
Saving and Loading of plotted moves, with similar rules for cycled moves(end of route A must be start of route B). 

Offline Havear

• Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #752 on: January 25, 2012, 10:34:10 AM »
A quick search of Suggestions doesn't show this, but a means to construct conventional industry. Perhaps construction rate is based off population. Some means of eventually clawing your way back to space after elimination of construction factories and mines.

Offline sublight

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #753 on: January 25, 2012, 01:07:08 PM »
An alternative suggestion to CI production: A civilian manufacturing sector.

Inline with the Civilian Mining colonies and Civilian Shipping contracts, governments might be able to convert their cash reserves into assets. I think civilians charge 200cr per 100 rated mineral production, so perhaps they might charge 4x cost for construction (2x build cost, 2x again for minerals). If TN industry is 10points per 0.05million employed, and CI industry is 3 points per 0.05 million employed, then maybe the unemployed produce 1 point per 0.05 million employed. Divide by two for mineral acquisition, and perhaps 1production point per 0.1 million unemployed would be reasonable.

So, I'd like to suggest civilian manufacturing. 4x normal credit cost but no minerals needed. Payment upfront thank you. 1 item at a time, queue possible. Production rate something like 10 per million unemployed. Not only would this be a mechanic for post-carpet bombing recovery, but it would be really nice to have some way to get colony worlds to assemble PDC components themselves.

Offline jRides

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • j
« Reply #754 on: January 26, 2012, 09:36:21 AM »
Variable Civilian Protection Demand.

In My latest game, there is a backwater system, bypassed by better real estate further down it's warp chain, and being only a single jump from Sol meant it wasn't even required as a fuelling depot. Suddenly it became a front line system when one of the xeno scum races suddenly appeared through a previously closed warp point and proceeded to kill everyone and everything in system. Luckily being a single Jump from sol meant Home fleet could quickly deal with the situation. Home fleet left sol to deal with the incursion, leaving behind a squadron of ageing cruisers well overdue for refit, to mollify the populace.

I think in a case like this the people and politicians of Sol would be screaming for that Home Fleet to stay exactly where it was, and more so now as the war is suddenly next door. So I'm suggesting a series of Modifiers to change the civilian protection demand, - modifiers per enemy combat loss, +/- modifiers for range to nearest combat, +modifiers for own combat losses etc

This would of course, also depend on just how much unrest a garrison troop can deal with - is there a limit?

Offline Havear

• Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #755 on: January 28, 2012, 03:03:01 PM »
A friend who plays would like me to forward the suggestion that it be possible to have civilian shipbuilding contracts, utilizing the invisible civilian shipyards to build commercial ships for the empire.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #756 on: January 30, 2012, 06:06:18 PM »
I have yet to see civs build a ship that I didn't have a commercial shipyard with the tonnage requirement for, so I'm fairly certain that they use the existing shipyards when you aren't.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 12:58:46 AM by Nathan_ »

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
« Reply #757 on: January 31, 2012, 04:00:28 AM »
Might be because the civilians build the cheapest, and thats normally something you designed to build yourself, as soon as possible.
I have yet to have a commercial shipyard not do anything, while they produced ships.

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #758 on: February 03, 2012, 02:03:10 PM »
Some display of available troop space might be nice.  For instance, my divisional transport can plunk 30 units-- a division plus replacements-- at the drop of a hat.  I can pick up the division easy-- but how many replacements can i fit on board?  Which of the three troopships need to pick up some extra units?

Who knows.

i'd love an x/y display on the ship summary screen, showing available capacity vs total capacity.

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #759 on: February 03, 2012, 02:54:40 PM »
Some display of available troop space might be nice.  For instance, my divisional transport can plunk 30 units-- a division plus replacements-- at the drop of a hat.  I can pick up the division easy-- but how many replacements can i fit on board?  Which of the three troopships need to pick up some extra units?

Who knows.

i'd love an x/y display on the ship summary screen, showing available capacity vs total capacity.
Seconded.
Welchbloke

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #760 on: February 05, 2012, 01:36:24 AM »
If a firecontrol is targeting a ship, and said ship is destroyed, the firecontrol should either:

A:  automatically hold fire.
B:  hold fire and drop target.

Either case would be wonderful.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
« Reply #761 on: February 06, 2012, 03:05:46 AM »
I am missing three things:
1: I mentioned this before, but I want to bee able to rename ground forces before i build them...
2: 2 types of engineers, 1 type able to build and Xenoarchelogy and one type that is a combat engineer, able to build groundbases and participate in combat, to dig out entrenched enemy troops/bases... Or something like that...
3: Be able to assign several battalions/brigade HQs at the same time to its parent HQ... Its abit tedious to do72 Heavy assault brigades one at a time...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 06:32:37 AM by ExChairman »
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #762 on: February 07, 2012, 04:59:07 AM »
Inheriting Control on the Galactic Map:

I like to only 'officially control' a limited amount of territory, yet the game defaults to my empire controlling every system I discover. It would be nice if 'Control Empire" was inherited from the system you jump in from, so if I jump from a non-controlled system into a new one, the new system is set to uncontrolled.  Similar to name themes.

I actually think there's a lot of possibility for empire control in other terms, like it would be nice if supposedly friendly NPRs respected 'our' space. Hehe.  I mean, I know you're supposed to play aurora against yourself, but still... ;)

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #763 on: February 08, 2012, 04:55:51 PM »
Here are some idea for the biotech tree:
enhanced worker productivity in field x, requiring fewer of said workers to operate factories/shipyards/mines/etc. Maybe with a penalty to some other area as a result
Conciousness Patterning from the rigellian diary, combining hostile environment immunity with increased productivity at the very top of the tech tree.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #764 on: February 08, 2012, 10:33:38 PM »
A new military component:

Simulator Room

Available (or useful) only when a ship has a hangar or boat bay, used by the crew of any docked ship (be it a 250 ton fighter or 40k ton dreadnought I guess) to increase their TF Training rating. This would be at a considerably reduced rate to current Task Force Training so it isn't abused but it would useful for Planetary Fighter Bases, where you cannot train the attached Fighter Squadrons unless you have actual Carriers.