Author Topic: Official v5.42 Bugs Thread  (Read 70194 times)

Offline alanwebber

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • a
Re: Official v5.42 Bugs Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2011, 10:02:09 AM »
Have you checked whether the ship is under fire delay because of the jump gate transit. You can check the ship on the task force display.

Alan
Regards

Alan Webber

Offline Shadow

• Commander
  • Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2011, 10:02:56 AM »
Have you checked whether the ship is under fire delay because of the jump gate transit. You can check the ship on the task force display.

Alan

Totally forgot about that. Sensor delay is entirely possible.

Offline antofdeath

• Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2011, 10:15:34 AM »
Already considered that it's been easily over 5 minutes (Big ship remeber)

Okay so I went to that contacts thing and noticed a checkbox for "Active only" and turns out for some reasons without logical pause that they aren't regarded as active.  As the combat report said though the sensor is active and that the weapons are "Firing" which implies that well they targeted something.  The ranges of my foes are 0 and 50k.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 10:19:45 AM by antofdeath »

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2011, 10:44:49 AM »
Already considered that it's been easily over 5 minutes (Big ship remeber)

Okay so I went to that contacts thing and noticed a checkbox for "Active only" and turns out for some reasons without logical pause that they aren't regarded as active.  As the combat report said though the sensor is active and that the weapons are "Firing" which implies that well they targeted something.  The ranges of my foes are 0 and 50k.

What does the event log say?
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline antofdeath

• Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2011, 10:54:14 AM »
A large list of "damage" starting at 5:57:31 and back is as far as the list goes but I know it goes further back, now it's 5:59:11.  Maybe not 2 minutes but good call on the event log.  I could leave it longer.  I mostly reported this because of those first two error BTW.

Offline Shadow

• Commander
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2011, 11:33:09 AM »
Again, check the active sensor hasn't been damaged. It could say it's on and that weapons are firing, but that means little if the sensor was hit at some point.

Check the Damage Control tab on the Individual Unit Details window.

Offline antofdeath

• Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2011, 11:36:57 AM »
I do that pretty much every time someone implies it, it is a working sensor in any way I could find to be working.

Offline alanwebber

• a
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2011, 01:32:32 PM »
I've just checked and ships carrying out non-squadron jumps have both sensor and fire control delays of 2 to 3 minutes (not necessarily the same). This can be reduced by crew grade.

Alan
Regards

Alan Webber

Offline Shadow

• Commander
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2011, 05:34:41 PM »
I've experienced a few ground combat bugs, mostly related to attacks on already defeated enemy forces (in these cases, alien ruin robotic soldiers). Last time, the enemy unit was destroyed during its first attack, before my forces were even ordered to attack. I missed that and ordered the attack on the Precursor forces. The force itself still existed, because there hadn't been a "general ground attack" event yet, so the next cycle I got a bunch of errors and a seemingly infinite succession of this one...

Error in GroundCombat

Error 3420 was generated by DAO.Recordset
The object is not valid or has no value. (translated from Spanish)

I had to kill Aurora's process after a while, since there was no apparent end to the identical pop-ups, even holding down Enter. When I restarted the game, I cancelled the attack, and the cycle processed just fine.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 05:36:50 PM by Shadow »

Offline Shadow

• Commander
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2011, 07:04:29 PM »
Another thing: the tooltip on the Class Priority box says "higher is better", but actually the opposite is true. The lower the value (always in relation to that of other classes, of course), the more skilled the officers selected to command ships of the design in question.

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2011, 09:50:43 PM »
Heres another 3420

Error in cmdDelete_Click

Error 3420 generated by DAO.Recordset
object invalid or no longer set

I was abandoning a mining colony with the summary window for that colony open.

Offline ndkid

• n
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2011, 07:18:33 AM »
I just got my first example of the

Error in CheckAlienShip

error 3077 recorded by DAO.Recordset
Syntax error (missing operator) in expression

It appears non-catastrophic. I have invaders and swarm on, and this game has had a high degree of NPR combat... I've let it run overnight automatically through 5-second turns more than once. I do not believe there are currently any alien races in systems I am in, so I expect this error was generated by some not-in-my-neighborhood alien.

Offline antofdeath

• Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2011, 09:40:06 AM »
So I went to take a nap and leave the game alone for a day and I come back to even more weirdsmeg.  The "Invalid use of null" error happens once more then, nothing.  The ship actually doesn't even register it's own equipment anymore.  Under combat settings the sensor is unable to select the enemy list is completely empty and the actual weapon list, completely dry of weapons.  The "Damage Reports record 1/3 of my guns stilll there (alot of guns) all 3 sensors are working and in combat settings the "turn on active sensors button" is missing.  I don't know but I'm just going to tug on make a new bigger and better ship and see what happens.

Offline Rastaman

• Azhanti High Lightning
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2011, 04:00:06 PM »
While pressing time increment, when "officer updates" are made (...surplus to requirements ... released from service):

Error in GetCommanderName

Error 94 was generated by Aurora
Invalid use of Null
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 04:12:45 PM by Rastaman »
Fun Fact: The minimum engine power of any ship engine in Aurora C# is 0.01. The maximum is 120000!

Offline Rastaman

• Azhanti High Lightning
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2011, 04:40:51 PM »
When pressing on a leader in the leaders list on the very right of the leaders window:

Error in grdSorted_SelChange

Error 30009 was generated by MSFlexGrid
Invalid Row Value
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 04:58:50 PM by Rastaman »
Fun Fact: The minimum engine power of any ship engine in Aurora C# is 0.01. The maximum is 120000!