Author Topic: Official v5.42 Bugs Thread  (Read 70222 times)

Offline felis

• Able Ordinary Rate
Re: Official v5.42 Bugs Thread
« Reply #210 on: April 30, 2011, 04:18:10 PM »
I encounter a bug whenever advancing time, be it 5 seconds or 30 days.  Played the campaign a month or so already.  First the 3075 happens, then an unending number of 91s.

Error in SystemBodyCheck
Error 3075 was generated by DAO. Database
Syntaxfehler (Komma) in Abfrageausdruck 'sqr((Xcor - -13566704,2189)^2 + (Ycor - -12651556,3006)^2)'.

Error 91 was generated by Aurora
Object variable or With block variable not set

Running on W7 64.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #211 on: April 30, 2011, 04:24:56 PM »
I encounter a bug whenever advancing time, be it 5 seconds or 30 days.  Played the campaign a month or so already.  First the 3075 happens, then an unending number of 91s.

Error in SystemBodyCheck
Error 3075 was generated by DAO. Database
Syntaxfehler (Komma) in Abfrageausdruck 'sqr((Xcor - -13566704,2189)^2 + (Ycor - -12651556,3006)^2)'.

Error 91 was generated by Aurora
Object variable or With block variable not set

Running on W7 64.

Aurora doesn't like the comma designator for fractions. You need to change that from a comma to a period. That is covered in the FAQ someplace.
Check this post, last entry, http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,2031.0.html Relevant section is in part 2.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 04:27:26 PM by Erik Luken »

Offline felis

• Able Ordinary Rate
« Reply #212 on: April 30, 2011, 04:38:15 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply.  Oddly I thought I just had to switch the keyboard layout, not the regional settings.  Thanks again!

Offline Dragon

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #213 on: May 01, 2011, 05:26:23 AM »
I suspect this is a bug and not a feature which has to do with the Biology / Genetics tech tree.

Researching "Genome Sequence: Temperature +4 degrees" unlocks access to the "+5 degrees", "+6 degrees" and "+8 degrees" techs.   In other words, once I research the "+4" version, I can skip "+5" and "+6" and jump straight to "+8".

It seems likely that these were meant to be researched in order in the same fashion as every other "Genome Sequence" tech line.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #214 on: May 01, 2011, 04:38:31 PM »
I suspect this is a bug and not a feature which has to do with the Biology / Genetics tech tree.

Researching "Genome Sequence: Temperature +4 degrees" unlocks access to the "+5 degrees", "+6 degrees" and "+8 degrees" techs.   In other words, once I research the "+4" version, I can skip "+5" and "+6" and jump straight to "+8".

It seems likely that these were meant to be researched in order in the same fashion as every other "Genome Sequence" tech line.

Fixed for v5.50

Steve

Offline LtWarhound

• Chief Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #215 on: May 01, 2011, 06:17:13 PM »
Bug: Gaining enough RP via disassembling salvaged NPR ship components causes the related in-progress research project to reset back to 0 instead of completing the project.

Error in AddRaceTech
Error 3201 was generated by DAO. Recordset
You cannot add of change a record because a related record is required in table 'TechSystem'.

Error in AddRaceTech
Error 3201 was generated by DAO. Field
No current record.

Easy enough to replicate, I can send a saved Stevefire. mdb if needed.   

Scenario:

Have a tech being researched, in this case it was Missile Launcher Reload Rate 5.    Not sure if it matters, but it was 1 scientist.   I had about 6k progress of 15k needed.   I salvaged a large number of NPR missile launchers, and was disassembling them for RP.   After I disassembled enough of them to generate the remaining RPs needed for the tech, I got the two errors with a line in the event log between them that read 'Research into  completed on Earth'.   The research project ended, the scientist was freed up, but I did not gain the tech.   Checking the available research list, it shows up as needing all 15000 RP, as if I had never started the project.   Trying to design a launcher, Reload Rate 4 is the highest I can use.   Starting a new research project works, as does disassembling more of the salvaged NPR launchers, so I assume that if I were to assign scientists I could eventually research the tech.   Haven't tried that.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
« Reply #216 on: May 02, 2011, 05:53:36 AM »
Presume that this is a bug...

Isobel Pratt Energy Weapons, has been the last year researching in Power and Propulsion and after making a breakthrue in engines, she went from +30% to +40%...
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #217 on: May 02, 2011, 06:00:37 AM »
I have had the same problem with dissasembling tech.  On some occasions however it deletes the colony on which it was being done.  Just like if I had hit the abandon colony button.  It tends to happen more if I keep dissasembling something after gaining a technology.  The work around that I have been doing is to either dissasemble until I am really close to the tech (no more than 2 more dissasemblings to get it).  Or when I get to a likely place I use the sm function and instant the technology in question.  If you are trying to get the special systems from the invaders or precursors that you have salvaged from ships I would recommend making a copy of the database before you start dissasembling.  Also as soon as you get the first tech from dissasembly I would stop a wait a couple of build cycles before continuing.  This has helped on occasion.

As far as exchairman having a reasearcher get better, it does happen naturally.  Any time that a scientist is assigned to a project or a team the relevent skill has a small chance of going up.  For reasearch this would either be their reasearch rate, or the admin rating.  For a team (ie xenology) it would be the team skill in question.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #218 on: May 02, 2011, 10:24:37 AM »
Presume that this is a bug...

Isobel Pratt Energy Weapons, has been the last year researching in Power and Propulsion and after making a breakthrue in engines, she went from +30% to +40%...

No bug. Your scientists grow on their job. Isobel got new insights in her special field or research and can now conduct their projects even more efficient than before.

Big party all around :)

Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline LtWarhound

• Chief Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #219 on: May 02, 2011, 02:06:43 PM »
The bug he might be referring to is the big jump from 30 to 40.   I've never seen a 10% jump, only a 5% jump.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #220 on: May 02, 2011, 02:17:05 PM »

No bug. Your scientists grow on their job. Isobel got new insights in her special field or research and can now conduct their projects even more efficient than before.

Big party all around :)

I think it is the fact that the scientist was Energy Weapons but they got the increase whilst researching Power and Propulsion.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #221 on: May 02, 2011, 03:40:23 PM »
From personal experience it is possible to get a 10% jump, just incredibly rare.  As far as the specialty mattering, it doesn't seem to be a factor.  When Steve initially coded all of this there were no specialties and the reasearch rate was a factor of the govenor for the colony.  With that in mind it makes some sense that the code does not discriminate between projects in their special field and outside of it.

Brian

Offline Dragon

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #222 on: May 02, 2011, 03:57:30 PM »
It is probably fine.   Your scientists will use their bonus even outside of their field.   The bonus just gets multiplied by 4 if the research is in their field.

For example, while working on a Power and Propulsion (P&P) project with 5 labs (base 1000 RP):
Scientist 1, P&P +0% will generate 1000 RP
Scientist 2, Biology / Genetics 20% will generate 1200 RP
Scientist 3, P&P 20% will generate 1800 RP

The point is, even though he is researching outside of his specialty, Scientist 2 is still using his skill so it doesn't seem odd to me that he can raise that skill.

Offline CarlMartin

• Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #223 on: May 03, 2011, 11:12:11 AM »
Edit:
Never mind, it wasn´t a bug.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 02:32:22 PM by CarlMartin »

Offline Narmio

• Lieutenant
  • N
« Reply #224 on: May 06, 2011, 05:29:36 AM »
So, I'm now getting one I haven't seen before.  From the short interrupts I assume it's two NPRs fighting. I got these in a big bunch, several dozen errors, I just held Enter until they stopped popping up.  Then several intervals later (about 60s) I'm getting them again.

Error in ApplyShapedDamage
Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow.