Author Topic: Official v5.42 Bugs Thread  (Read 70202 times)

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
Re: Official v5.42 Bugs Thread
« Reply #285 on: May 30, 2011, 11:12:21 AM »
Do you know the workaround for my civies getting stuck in checkpoint bug?

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #286 on: May 30, 2011, 11:28:33 AM »
Do you know the workaround for my civies getting stuck in checkpoint bug?

Was this as a result of using the clear orders button or did it just appear with no apparent cause?

Steve

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #287 on: May 30, 2011, 01:38:14 PM »
Heres a non-error-throwing bug.

I was transferring troops to drop modules, when i realized I had no cargo handling systems to actually move them.  Their morale had started dropping before they had even 1\3 transferred to the module.  So I canceled the order, and noticed they were declared in the module already.  So I combat dropped them.

I then split the fleet (why do three separate ships move units one at a time)  did 5 seconds of transfer to drop modules, canceled the order and dropped to planet.  15 seconds for the whole thing.  I figure this falls under cheating at solitaire, but i thought it was worth mentioning.

Now I just need to figure out how to transfer the batallions to the drop modules without losing morale.

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #288 on: May 30, 2011, 03:35:46 PM »
It just appeared without apparent causes. And using the clear order button didn't solve that, as they re-pathed through the same jump point.

Offline Peter Rhodan

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • P
« Reply #289 on: June 02, 2011, 06:24:14 PM »
I haven't seen this one but anyone else ...

If you send a task group to a planet with maintenance facilities to be overhauled and forget turn their shields off then never finish being overhauled... their clock just jeeps going up even though it syas next to their name - overhaul
Also the Abandon Overhaul order is missing from the order list so you can't get out of it that way either.
If anyone had this problem the workaround is to first turn shields off on the F12 screen and then individually transfer the ships to another Tg that is being already being overhauled successfully and this seems to solve the problem - then delete the empty TG and create a new one for the overhauled ships...

Offline Bgreman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #290 on: June 03, 2011, 12:19:47 AM »
Quote from: sloanjh link=topic=3348. msg35317#msg35317 date=1306541024
Here's the link for the auto-yoyo-fix (warning - spoilers!): hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php/topic,2569. 0. html

Basically, you need 200 consecutive shortened increments, e. g.  you click for 1 day and it only gives you 30 minutes.

If you can get that to happen, it should delete the aliens in question.

John

Do they have to be literally consecutive?  That is, if anything else happens (TGs completing orders, etc), does it reset the count?  With a yoyo cycle that appears to be upwards of 12+ hours, it will be almost impossible to force this to happen.   I'd have to cancel all orders for every unit in my empire AND just mindlessly advance time for 200 in-game days.   That would be 2/3 of a game year wasted.   Is there any way to manually delete the offending TGs?  At my last job, I basically manhandled Access databases 9 hours a day, so I'm familiar with them, but it would seem that the DB is locked.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #291 on: June 03, 2011, 01:00:31 AM »
Do they have to be literally consecutive?  That is, if anything else happens (TGs completing orders, etc), does it reset the count?  With a yoyo cycle that appears to be upwards of 12+ hours, it will be almost impossible to force this to happen.   I'd have to cancel all orders for every unit in my empire AND just mindlessly advance time for 200 in-game days.   That would be 2/3 of a game year wasted.   Is there any way to manually delete the offending TGs?  At my last job, I basically manhandled Access databases 9 hours a day, so I'm familiar with them, but it would seem that the DB is locked.

That's the way it reads to me.  Designer mode is actually the way to fix it (since that makes the computer controlled races visible), but that's password protected too.  (Steve is cautious about sharing the passwords since he's concerned that someone will accidentally corrupt a DB and then start logging bug reports.)  I think Erik's got upload capability on the board; if your DB is reasonably sized then you could try to upload a DB that's moments before one of the interrupts and I (or someone else with the pw) can try to fix it for you.  The only problem is that I have a vague recollection of trying to do a DB upload in the past and failing miserably....  (I assume you're running with the latest version 5.42....)

John

Offline Bgreman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #292 on: June 03, 2011, 01:12:54 AM »
My DB is up near 230 MB at this point.   If someone wants to take a look at it, I can upload it to my website and PM the location.

Nabobalis

« Reply #293 on: June 03, 2011, 06:00:38 AM »
My DB is up near 230 MB at this point.   If someone wants to take a look at it, I can upload it to my website and PM the location.

Compress it into a zip and it should be much smaller.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #294 on: June 03, 2011, 11:34:44 AM »
I strongly suspect there's something seriously broken when conquering an alien population by fire.

I have a pesky NPR who's been sending colony ships into my systems.  He colonized some airless moons, so I sent a beam-destroyer to clean out his garrison.  I fired one salvo of lasers at his ground troops and got a message that his colony had surrendered.

I went to the F2 screen expecting to see a colony on that world with an alien race inhabiting it.  Instead I found a colony of humans!  So unless you've put a zinger in that NPR can magically be generated with the same race as the player race, I assume there's a bug in the colony transfer code.  Perhaps I should rename this race "Doppelganger", since they can obviously assume human form well enough to fool my sensors.

The next issue is that the colony already had a governor.  And I didn't appoint him.  When I went looking for him on the F4 screen he wasn't there, and someone else was "33rd Civ Admin".  I assume that this is actually the alien governor, who never got relieved/captured and is still on the alien books but visible to me through his link to the colony.

I'll edit this message if I find any more weirdness.

[EDIT] - ok looks like the first issue might be Working As Intended.  It turns out my bombardment killed off all the alien scum - I think I recall seeing that Aurora is set up to convert the population type to the conquerer in that case (hmmmm - but the status is still "Vanquished").  The second issue about the governor still holds.

John
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 06:36:33 PM by sloanjh »

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #295 on: June 03, 2011, 12:14:20 PM »
Do they have to be literally consecutive?  That is, if anything else happens (TGs completing orders, etc), does it reset the count?

Yes.  No.

They need to be performed consecutively by that fleet - what happens anywhere else, to anyone else, is irrelevant.

Offline Bgreman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #296 on: June 03, 2011, 01:09:15 PM »
Quote from: Father Tim link=topic=3348. msg35662#msg35662 date=1307121260
Yes.   No.

They need to be performed consecutively by that fleet - what happens anywhere else, to anyone else, is irrelevant.

Well, it's been over an in-game year since this started, so maybe it's not quite a yoyo situation.   Thanks for that clarification though.

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #297 on: June 03, 2011, 02:29:51 PM »
On loading ground forces:

Consider two task groups, each able to load one batallion.  Set the following orders:

Orders for task group 1:
Absorb Task Group #2
Load Ground unit 1 into transport bay
Load Ground Unit 2 into transport bay

The second load will fail for not enough space.  Something about the absorb\join commands screws up some function.  Transferring units to another TG, running a 5 second cycle, then transferring them back seems to fix it.  I observed the same thing with join commands for asteroid miners.

Offline Qloos

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • Q
« Reply #298 on: June 03, 2011, 04:22:43 PM »
Me too for error 76

"Error 76 was generated by Aurora
Path not found: 'Planetjpeg/ha3.   jpg'[or]'Planetjpeg/b13.   jpg'
Please report to hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/viewforum. php?f=11"

This error repeats itself several times when pushing ok for "ha3" and once in the middle for "b13"

Lastly, it gives the error message:
"Run-time error '76':
Path not found: 'Planetjpeg/ha3.   jpg'

and crashes completely.   

Happened when pushing F9 while following tutorial 9.   
Just fixed a MSSTDFMT.  dll bug from pushing F9 in the same situation.   
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 04:24:39 PM by Qloos »

Offline Dravo

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • D
« Reply #299 on: June 03, 2011, 05:08:32 PM »
After shutting down an industry, reactivating it usually requires a 180 day wait.
When you reactivate a shutdown industry, the time in the box shows how much longer before the industry is active.
If you click the cancel button you would assume that this would cancel the reactivation, but instead it makes the industry active immediately.