Author Topic: Official v5.42 Bugs Thread  (Read 70199 times)

Offline trespoe

• Leading Rate
  • t
Re: Official v5.42 Bugs Thread
« Reply #375 on: July 05, 2011, 08:08:02 PM »
Quote from: Rastaman link=topic=3348. msg33584#msg33584 date=1302553099
Error in UpdateGameEvents

Error 3159 was generated by DAO. Recordset
Not a valid bookmark

followed by

Error 3012 was generated by DAO. Recordset
No current record

Seen after pushing 30 day increment button.  Aurora hangs and must be terminated.

After restart and pushing the event update window button:

Error in UpdateMessages

Error 91 was generated by Aurora
Object variable or With block variable not set

Aurora hangs again and must be terminated.  Database file is backed up at this point via normal copy/paste.

After restart when pushing 5-day increment from the system map screen:

Error in UpdateGameLog

Error 3049 was generated by DAO. Recordset
Cannot open database".  It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.

Aurora hangs and must be terminated.  Database is corrupted.  After pushing 5-day increment button, a different campaign ( "Space Race") receives:

Error xxxx was generated by DAO. Database
Unrecognized database format 'C:\. . . \Stevefire. mdb'.

After the following startup:

Error in Form Load

Error 3343 was generatedby DAO. Workspace

Of course, Aurora always hangs.  The backup is also corrupted. 

All campaigns would be lost and reinstall necessary, if I hadn't backed it up before that.  Still hours of playtime lost.

I just had my game crash and when I try to start it up again, I get two of these messages:

Error in UpdateMessages

and

Error in Form Load

I was in the middle of increment hell as my survey ship was stuck between two NPR's fighting, and had between over 30 minutes game time of 5 second increments going on.  It just stopped responding after I hit the clock advance. 

Should I reload the game?
Is there anything I can do to stop being in that position again? (besides the obvious, and just destroy/exterminate all NPR's on sight)

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #376 on: July 06, 2011, 07:19:02 AM »
I just had my game crash and when I try to start it up again, I get two of these messages:

Error in UpdateMessages

and

Error in Form Load

I was in the middle of increment hell as my survey ship was stuck between two NPR's fighting, and had between over 30 minutes game time of 5 second increments going on.  It just stopped responding after I hit the clock advance. 

Should I reload the game?
Is there anything I can do to stop being in that position again? (besides the obvious, and just destroy/exterminate all NPR's on sight)

Sounds like when you crashed the database was corrupted.  Just copy in a new database and start over, no need to go through the entire game load process.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Napoleon XIX

• Petty Officer
  • N
« Reply #377 on: July 08, 2011, 05:46:06 AM »
I don't know if this is a bug, but I've just encountered a jump point that is connected to itself.

Offline Jacob/Lee

• Lt. Commander
  • (Where I got this .gif beats me!)
« Reply #378 on: July 08, 2011, 10:41:28 PM »

Wut

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #379 on: July 08, 2011, 11:29:22 PM »

Wut

Wee you adding gas to a planet?

Offline Jacob/Lee

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #380 on: July 08, 2011, 11:57:38 PM »
Wee you adding gas to a planet?
Indeed, safe greenhouse gas to Mars.

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
« Reply #381 on: July 10, 2011, 08:45:34 AM »
I play with Dutch naming so all of my systems get the name of a Dutch city.
I just got a system called Zandvpprt. There is no city with that name, Zandvoort however, is a Dutch city.

Offline forgottenlord

• Petty Officer
  • f
« Reply #382 on: July 11, 2011, 10:54:14 PM »
On system map, if you clear min inc but do not set a value and then select an increment, it generates a type mismatch error and the game crashes.   

Error text:
Run-time error '13':

Type mismatch
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:03:55 PM by forgottenlord »

Offline forgottenlord

• Petty Officer
  • f
« Reply #383 on: July 11, 2011, 10:59:08 PM »
Quote from: welchbloke link=topic=3348.   msg36792#msg36792 date=1309845704
I've had this as well  it seems to be related to when another program uses the graphics card/chip.    If I play  another game whilst Aurora is on I get this effect.   

I got a similar thing with the Galactic map, and come to think of it, that was right after a different game decided to start up after finishing its install.

I use two monitors and what I find is when those games start up and resize the window, they do it in such a way that any screens behind them end up having the excess on the right after the resize appear on my second monitor.   I wouldn't be shocked if this is related.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:40:58 PM by forgottenlord »

Offline forgottenlord

• Petty Officer
  • f
« Reply #384 on: July 11, 2011, 11:37:38 PM »
Minor text issue: In the shipping lines screen, the hover text for the subsidise button reads:

Grants 1000 wealth to thie selected shipping line. . .

Offline forgottenlord

• Petty Officer
  • f
« Reply #385 on: July 12, 2011, 12:58:46 PM »
System Map: When min inc is set to any non-zero numeric value but auto turns is not checked, it will suppress all interrupts and jump straight to the end of the selected increment (so if your pulse is 1 day, your increment is 30 days, and your min inc is 1, it'll go 30 days.   If your min inc is 432000, it'll go 30 days).

Related: I've got a sub-pulse of 1 day, an interrupt triggering on every sub-pulse (two ships requesting fuel), auto-turns set and using increment of 5 days.   I tried increment of 1, jump is 1 day.   I try increment 5, the first 4 increments are 5 days, the final one is 1 day.   So. . . . there is some use to the above issue.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 01:08:10 PM by forgottenlord »

Offline forgottenlord

• Petty Officer
  • f
« Reply #386 on: July 13, 2011, 03:15:35 PM »
Y'know, this one's been staring me in the face forever and I keep forgetting about it because it's always there.

With reduced height windows on, open up task groups.  By default, task group orders is displayed but the conditional order panels (Conditional Order A and B) are visible and clearly disrupting the screen.  Switch to special orders and back and it's properly hidden.  Switch to any other pane, and they're hidden.

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
« Reply #387 on: July 15, 2011, 09:53:24 AM »
I actually kinda like that 'feature'  :-\
It makes me see the conditional orders without switching to the other tab. This is for me really useful because I keep forgetting my ships have them when I give them new normal orders.
But it is indeed a bug and should probably be fixed someday.

Offline Telral

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • T
« Reply #388 on: July 15, 2011, 11:35:38 AM »
I just got an error last night that was pretty bad.   I noticed that the game was lagging out, but it was 3 AM and I figured I should go to bed some time-- the task manager was showing 100% usage. 
I think the error number was error in cycleorders, 3442.   ish.   Whatever.

What happened was that a fleet had been cycling its orders, and i wanted it to finish the last two commands and sit at Earth.   But I didn't turn off the cycle.   Somehow when it arrived, it began duplicating its order list such that when I did finally get control back and got the game loaded up, the fleet had infinite move to earth \ refuel from earth orders.

How the orders were duplicated i'm not sure about.   Had something to do with "move to earth, refuel from earth" and having it sitting there the whole time.

Got the same error in cycleOrders, 3442 with a fuel freighter fleet.  This fleet was cycling "refuel at stationary fuel harvester fleet, refuel at earth, unload 90% fuel at earth".  I just removed the refuel at harvesters without turning off the cycling and incremented 30 days.  That's when it started to freeze and show the error in an infinite loop.  I had to kill the process and run aurora again to figure out that it was simply cycling instant orders.     
A suggestion to avoid this : you should auto turn off cycling orders when removing an order in the order list or when the order list has only instant orders on the same location.  My 2 cents.     
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:23:42 PM by Telral »

Offline Jacob/Lee

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #389 on: July 16, 2011, 01:28:18 AM »
For some reason, opening up the system screen/maybe event screen creates the "Unsaved Theme" for my Windows 7 which reverts my font to an ugly ass yellow color but changes nothing else.