Author Topic: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread  (Read 86110 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2011, 03:49:34 AM »
On standard start, it appears the homeworld is set to "Destination of Colonists".  Flip that to source, and they go (just found that two minutes ago myself)

Fixed for v5.52.

New populations with greater than 25 million pop will be set to Source.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2011, 03:51:42 AM »
3.    I am occasionally getting a graphics issue where the right hand third of the screen in the system map is just not displayed.     It is as if there is just a blue rectangle the same shade as the background on top of the map image which cuts off orbit paths, text, etc.     This only seems to happen if you minimise the application and then reopen it, but once it has happened there seems to be no way of getting rid of it apart from closing the entire application and reopening.     Closing/refreshing the system map, changing systems etc.    doesn't help.     (interestingly, while this is happening nebula systems appear to be unaffected and display properly).     I am guessing the workaround for this is 'don't minimise the game' ;)

I usually find this happens if you switch to another application that has a smaller resolution. I haven't figured out how to fix it yet though. In fact, I am not sure if I can fix it. It may be a 'feature' of VB

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2011, 03:53:54 AM »
a new one :

IN the Leaders screen I often get some errors when clicking on a leader in the "search by ability or location" list.
Title : Error in grdSorted_SelChange

Anyone else seeing this one? I can't reproduce it

Steve

Offline Black Rabbit

• Petty Officer
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2011, 04:24:54 AM »
(Hi, new here.       I have been slapped down for improper bug report once, and would normally keep to the advice to post suspected bugs in the academy forum, but I am seeing the error asked about and can reproduce it pretty much every game, so.     .     .       apologies if I'm out of line here.     )

Yeah, I've been seeing that in all three games I've played since I started playing last version (5.     42).       It seems to be consistent with the reports of this error in past versions of it tending to be being tied to clicking/selecting on the names of fleet staff commander officers in the Search by Ability or Location list, but not always (see below).       Right now in my current game, I get this error if I select the name of either of my Fleet Headquarters commanders (I have two fleets set up at the moment), no matter what skill is sorted by.     

But it also occurs when I click on a certain member of a geology team, but only if I select him *after* selecting the name of the officer above him, who is a member of another survey team.     (It doesn't happen for any of the other 14 geology team members. )

I do *not* get this error if I click on the name of the officer in the normal list to the left.      I've noticed it also fails to update the top section when it has the error, but it does highlight the name of the officer in the officer selection list to the left.      I then get it to update by clicking on the name there.   

I can up my database if that would help.     

Again, apologies if I'm still just functioning as a noob here offering useless help.     
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 04:32:19 AM by Black Rabbit »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2011, 04:25:35 AM »
4.    I appear to have just come across a system where two NPRs are blowing pieces off each other.     While this is happening, almost every 5 sec turn I am getting the following error (sometimes multiple times per turn):
Code: [Select]
Error in ApplyShapedDamage

Error 3265 was generated by DAO.Fields
Item not found in this collection
Please report to http://aurora2.pentarch.org/viewforum.php?f=11
I think this may be being caused by a beam weapon?  I have seen a number of missile explosions in the system during the combat, but whenever this error is displayed, there don't seem to be any except occasional power system secondary explosions.   
Unfortunately this means I cannot stick it on auto turn and let it run through their combat, as it stops whenever an error is displayed.   
EDIT: I think one of the races involved was the swarm as I just sent a scout over to investigate and one of them has the 336/100 sensor that I think the mother normally has?

I think I have fixed this for v5.52. The potential cause of the error was related to the Swarm

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2011, 04:31:57 AM »
(Hi, new here.      I have been slapped down for improper bug report once, and would normally keep to the advice to post suspected bugs in the academy forum, but I am seeing the error asked about and can reproduce it pretty much every game, so.    .    .      apologies if I'm out of line here.    )

Yeah, I've been seeing that in all three games I've played since I started playing last version (5.    42).      It seems to be consistent with the reports of this error in past versions of it tending to be being tied to clicking/selecting on the names of fleet staff commander officers in the Search by Ability or Location list, but not always (see below).      Right now in my current game, I get this error if I select the name of either of my Fleet Headquarters commanders (I have two fleets set up at the moment), no matter what skill is sorted by.   

But it also occurs when I click on a member of a geology team, but only if I select him *after* selecting the name of the officer above him, who is a member of another survey team.   

I do *not* get this error if I click on the name of the officer in the normal list to the left.     I've noticed it also fails to update the top section when it has the error, but it does highlight the name of the officer in the officer selection list to the left.     I then get it to update by clicking on the name there.   

I can up my database if that would help.   

Again, apologies if I'm still just functioning as a noob here offering useless help.   

Thanks, this is all useful information, Trying to track down a bug is all about finding the exact circumstances when it happens. So this only happens at the moment for three specific officers (the two fleet HQ commanders and the affected member of the survey team), or are those just three examples and it affects qute a lot of officers?

Steve

Offline Black Rabbit

• Petty Officer
« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2011, 04:33:58 AM »
Yep, three specific ones -- sorry, was a bit vague there.     Only one specific geology team member seems to trigger it, and then it does *not* occur if I go *up* the list from the name of the officer beneath him on the list.     The other 14 geology team members do not seem to trigger it.    I haven't noticed it occur for other staff officers or normally-assigned or unassigned officers.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 04:38:01 AM by Black Rabbit »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2011, 04:42:35 AM »
Before doing alien autopsy: no error when opening Intelligence/Diplomacy screen
After Autopsy:

Error in cboSpecies_Click

Error 3265 was generated by DAO.Fields
Item not found in this collection.
Please report blah blah...

This error pops up 8 times.

Fixed for v5.52

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2011, 04:48:57 AM »
Yep, three specific ones -- sorry, was a bit vague there.     Only one specific geology team member seems to trigger it, and then it does *not* occur if I go *up* the list from the name of the officer beneath him on the list.     The other 14 geology team members do not seem to trigger it.    I haven't noticed it occur for other staff officers or normally-assigned or unassigned officers.

Have you noticed if they are in any particular location in this list, such as at the top or bottom, or does it make no difference? Also, do you get the error no matter which bonus you are searching on?

Steve

Offline Black Rabbit

• Petty Officer
« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2011, 04:58:29 AM »
It doesn't seem to matter where on the list they are or what skill I select for (I've been running through them all seeing if I can find any other instances).          The fleet HQ command officers, I've seen it happen with them on top of the list, on the bottom, or inbetween.       

With the errant geology officer, on all the select-by lists on which he shows up, he shows up somewhere in the middle.    [EDIT: I've since found it doesn't matter which officer he comes after -- the error follows him (Oleg).   ]

UPDATE: Alright, I think I've got the pattern figured out.   With the default Fleet Headquarters commander, the error occurs no matter how I select him.   With the second Civil Fleet Headquarters commander and that one geology team member, it occurs when either selecting the officer with the mouse *or* using the keyboard to move down from the preceding officer in the select-by list.   If, on the other hand, I have selected the officer that *follows* the errant officer on the list, and then use the up arrow key to select the errant one, no error is produced (except, as said, with the main Fleet HQ commander).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 05:24:24 AM by Black Rabbit »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2011, 05:05:40 AM »
Build times on F5 screen and F2 screen are not agreeing.  I have a 24kton battleship that F5 says takes 6.4 years to build but actually only takes 14 months on the F2 screen.

Fixed for v5.52

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2011, 05:21:13 AM »
It doesn't seem to matter where on the list they are or what skill I select for (I've been running through them all seeing if I can find any other instances).         The fleet HQ command officers, I've seen it happen with them on top of the list, on the bottom, or inbetween.       

With the errant geology officer, on all the select-by lists on which he shows up, he shows up somewhere in the middle.   [EDIT: I've since found it doesn't matter which officer he comes after -- the error follows him (Oleg).  ]

UPDATE: When sorting by Fleet Movement Initiative Rating, I find that one of the fleet staff commanders behaves in a similar way to that geology team member.      But this time, if I use the arrow key to go down to her name from the officer above, there is no error.       It's when I go up from the name below hers that the error appears.     If any other officer is selected, and I then use the mouse and click on her name, it produces the error.   

I'm pretty sure that on other lists, it has happened when I select her name no matter what.      I'm going to check again.   

Do you have Assign to any Location unchecked? Do you get the same error if it is checked?

Steve

Offline Black Rabbit

• Petty Officer
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2011, 05:26:52 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=3895. msg38091#msg38091 date=1313058073
Do you have Assign to any Location unchecked? Do you get the same error if it is checked?

Steve

I had it checked.   I tried with it unchecked, but no change in behavior.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2011, 05:27:38 AM »
Nopes. Had no pre built parts made at all. Construction yards have pretty much been on automated mines and mass drivers since the start.

I'm currently expanding my main yard up to 60ktons to see if the 19 year build time F5 tells me on my dreadnaught is accurate or not.

/EDIT - Ok this speed build only seems to be true for my military ships.  For my civilian ships it is the opposite.  My troop transport has an F5 time of 0.63 years.  Real F2 time is 20 months.

/EDIT 2 oops forgot that my planetary governor has a +20% mod to shipbuilding but that still isn't enough to cut 6.4 years to 14 months.

The problem was due to the class window using a class size of 0 to calculate building time while the F2 window was using the actual class size. Its fixed for v5.52

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2011, 05:28:56 AM »
I had it checked.   I tried with it unchecked, but no change in behavior.

Aarg! :)

Well I fixed another bug with the same error at least :)

Steve