Author Topic: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread  (Read 86120 times)

Offline orfeusz

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread
« Reply #225 on: September 04, 2011, 04:09:12 PM »
I think I have found the problem but it will require a DB fix :(. I may get away with some form of DB update option as it is fairly minor. I'll see what else is required for the next version before I decide one way or the other.

Steve

So ummm... Can i play from my last (3.5 years back) save and don't have this error again? Or it will return sooner or later and i should start again/wait for new database? Any way to tell?

It's my first game (why i didn't found Aurora years ago?!) and its like 25 years of in game time  :)
Only in Death does Duty End

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #226 on: September 04, 2011, 05:41:51 PM »

So ummm... Can i play from my last (3.5 years back) save and don't have this error again? Or it will return sooner or later and i should start again/wait for new database? Any way to tell?

It's my first game (why i didn't found Aurora years ago?!) and its like 25 years of in game time  :)

Option #1. If you have Access and can open the Stevefire.mdb file I can explain how to fix the bug. Open the PlanetaryInstallation table. On the line where the value in the first column is 9 and the value in the second column is 'Infrastructure', change the value of the third column from 'None' to 'Infrastructure'

Option #2. If you do revert to your previous save, it is probable but not certain that the error will reappear. Without including spoilers all I can say is that a certain sequence of events must have taken place for this error to occur. In general terms it is unlikely but if the conditions within your game allowed it to happen once, it is likely it will happen again at some point. If you do try this, keep a copy of the current DB.

Steve

Offline Lost Wookie

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #227 on: September 04, 2011, 06:05:32 PM »
Quote from: Waffles link=topic=3895. msg39321#msg39321 date=1315045236
I get an error simply by advancing the time by any increment.  It doesn't always happen, but somehow I think this is a bad thign to happen regardless.

Error in GetCommanderName
Error 94 was generated by Aurora
Invalid us of Null

No idea what causes this, though I use Elemental as my main Empire Theme and Alien #1, I think, as my commander theme

I am also experiencing this error in my third go at learning Aurora.  Using Terran Empire theme & Roman commander theme.  Prior two games were different themes & this never came up.  Error message comes up anywhere from zero to 10+ times when advancing time by any increment, though usually just once.  Been happening since the first turn, currently 2035 and still happening.

Side note, as this is my first post: Steve, you've created an incredible, impressive game.  Your attentiveness to this forum is equally impressive.  Thank you, on both counts. 

Offline orfeusz

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #228 on: September 05, 2011, 02:28:05 AM »
Option #1. If you have Access and can open the Stevefire.mdb file I can explain how to fix the bug. Open the PlanetaryInstallation table. On the line where the value in the first column is 9 and the value in the second column is 'Infrastructure', change the value of the third column from 'None' to 'Infrastructure'

I would love to, but i don't have a password. If You could send me it in PM i promise to use it only to fix swarm  :) I really understand that it need to be keep secret because of troubles it can generate to You.

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #229 on: September 05, 2011, 02:49:25 PM »
Abandoned installations fail to generate alien artifacts under some circumstances.

The setup:

-Engineer brigades are landed on a planet, under the colony name of one race.  They begin recovering installations.
-Colonists of a different species are landed.  Engineer brigades and items are transferred to the new colony.

Engineer brigades continue to place discovered installations in the old colony despite being attached to the new colony.

The new colony does not generate alien artifiacts trade goods.  I don't know if the old colony is generating them, as it has zero population.

Offline cah7777

• Leading Rate
  • c
« Reply #230 on: September 06, 2011, 05:25:29 PM »
I am having difficulty installing the v5. 50 patch.   After installing v4. 91 I extract the v5. 50 patch and overwrite the required files.    However, when I try to run aurora. exe I get an "Error in form load.   Error 3265 was generated by DAO. Fields.   Item not found in this collection. "  After hitting enter I get an endless string of "Error in UpdateGameLog.   Error 3201 was generated by DAO. recordset.   You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'Game. '  Eventually I just have to shut down the computer to get Aurora to close.

Am I missing something simple?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #231 on: September 06, 2011, 05:49:03 PM »
I am having difficulty installing the v5. 50 patch.   After installing v4. 91 I extract the v5. 50 patch and overwrite the required files.    However, when I try to run aurora. exe I get an "Error in form load.   Error 3265 was generated by DAO. Fields.   Item not found in this collection. "  After hitting enter I get an endless string of "Error in UpdateGameLog.   Error 3201 was generated by DAO. recordset.   You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'Game. '  Eventually I just have to shut down the computer to get Aurora to close.

Am I missing something simple?

I had to rename the Aurora.exe files as I updated them. Basically don't overwrite, delete the old.

Offline cah7777

• Leading Rate
  • c
« Reply #232 on: September 06, 2011, 07:14:27 PM »
Quote from: Erik Luken link=topic=3895. msg39491#msg39491 date=1315349343
I had to rename the Aurora. exe files as I updated them.  Basically don't overwrite, delete the old. 

I manually deleted the old files then extracted the v5. 50 patch into the aurora directory and am still having the same issue.

Offline liq3

• Leading Rate
  • l
« Reply #233 on: September 06, 2011, 09:03:01 PM »
The range number under maintenance in the F6 window is wrong.  It's using the old 24 hour fuel tick formula, instead of the 10 hour one. 

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #234 on: September 07, 2011, 12:30:59 AM »
I manually deleted the old files then extracted the v5. 50 patch into the aurora directory and am still having the same issue.

Did you install Aurora into the program files folder in a windows vista or 7 system?

There is an issue with overwriting files in certain folders - you literally can not do it, even though you say yes ...

If you have the time, try installing Aurora into another partition or into your documents folder - for some reason that seems to work.

Offline Thibaut

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • T
« Reply #235 on: September 07, 2011, 08:49:49 AM »
Abandoned installations fail to generate alien artifacts under some circumstances.

The setup:

-Engineer brigades are landed on a planet, under the colony name of one race.  They begin recovering installations.
-Colonists of a different species are landed.  Engineer brigades and items are transferred to the new colony.

Engineer brigades continue to place discovered installations in the old colony despite being attached to the new colony.

The new colony does not generate alien artifiacts trade goods.  I don't know if the old colony is generating them, as it has zero population.

I believe I'm witnessign this too : i intentionally did not restore all the installations on a planet (left 10), and in the wealth window, that colony is not showed producing any artifacts.
This colony had been invaded by robots at some point, not sure if this is of significance

Offline DatAlien

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • D
« Reply #236 on: September 07, 2011, 12:00:54 PM »
I don't know its really a bug but my civ. freighter fly all the time between earth and mars and transport nothing
Per se ad astra

Offline orfeusz

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #237 on: September 07, 2011, 12:33:43 PM »

I would love to, but i don't have a password. If You could send me it in PM i promise to use it only to fix swarm  :) I really understand that it need to be keep secret because of troubles it can generate to You.

Upssss... AGAIN  :'(

Plying from previous save and i get this again.

Any chance for a database password/patch? I didn't play for two days because i was afraid it will happen again and it did  :'(

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #238 on: September 07, 2011, 10:07:16 PM »
Google accesspv.exe  ::)

You never got it from me ok  :-X

Offline Paul

• Chief Petty Officer
  • P
« Reply #239 on: September 08, 2011, 11:39:55 AM »
Heres a glitch with the behavior of removing damaged ships from task groups.

Situation:
A carrier full of ships takes an engine hit.

Result:
Error 91
Object variable or With block variable not set

The carrier (which was by itself in a TG) made a new TG and brought the docked ships with it, leaving the old TG empty. Another hit, another new TG leaving an empty one behind. By the time the carrier was finished taking damage I had 12 empty task groups.