Author Topic: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread  (Read 86118 times)

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread
« Reply #315 on: September 30, 2011, 10:41:30 AM »
Build a couple PDCs or station a system defense squadron there, and they will be happy again.
I had 1 Large PDC and it disapaerd also... :'(  Oh well got 2 more to put together ;)
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Jacob/Lee

• Lt. Commander
  • (Where I got this .gif beats me!)
« Reply #316 on: October 01, 2011, 10:48:20 AM »
v5.53, I can choose "Star Swarm" as a ship class. There appears to be several class names that are absolute gibberish, too.

There's a few more than that, that's just the example.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #317 on: October 01, 2011, 11:19:56 AM »
v5.53, I can choose "Star Swarm" as a ship class. There appears to be several class names that are absolute gibberish, too.

There's a few more than that, that's just the example.

Some of those are from Steve's games where he had Russian ship designs/names. Any class name created never gets removed.

Offline Lucifer

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #318 on: October 02, 2011, 02:00:53 AM »
[5. 53]
Starting a new Conventional Empire game, parametering 0 shipyard (I've also changed other paramaters, like 0 research point.  .  .  )
[img=hxxp: img15.  imageshack.  us/img15/2458/aurora0000.  th.  png]

-> I nevertheless got 1 military shipyard. 

I tryed with only 5 systems (instead of 1000) and I got 0 shipyard in this case. 

« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:37:56 PM by Lucifer »

Offline user-unknown

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #319 on: October 02, 2011, 03:09:39 PM »
In the interests of science, I decided to see what happened if I shipped a load of ground units to an NPR homeworld and then told them to attack.  It turns out that their fleet will quite happily pound their own homeworld flat with orbital bombardment to get rid of me.  I'm guessing this should probably not happen :)

Offline beale947

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • b
« Reply #320 on: October 02, 2011, 05:29:32 PM »
Ok I have come across quite a debilitating error.  Fighting the precursors, and I can only assume they fired missiles at me:

Error in CheckMissileDetectionRange

Error6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow.

I can only bypass this by pressing ok for every missile, every increment, and via SM mode I found there are hundreds of missiles in transit.

Offline orfeusz

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #321 on: October 05, 2011, 05:27:06 AM »
Single error (but if i remember correctly, some 40-50 turns ago i had 20 of those but i was in a hurry, so i didn't report. They appeared but didn't break my game):

Error in CreateDesign
Error 3201 was generated by DAO.Recordset

This is how my Event Updates Window looks like:

Only in Death does Duty End

Offline Herode

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #322 on: October 05, 2011, 01:43:47 PM »
[5.53] Playing with 5 days increment + auto-turns checked. More often than not, after the game has paused due to some events, the auto-turns are interrupted by 'no event' :

- I click the '5 days' button
- The game runs and stops
- In the Events Update window : new line showing a 5 days increment (ok) but no event (ko).
- repeat 1 or several times
- then eventually get a real interrupting event.

NB : in the HumanEventLog.txt file, the lines without interrupting event do not appear.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #323 on: October 05, 2011, 01:52:22 PM »
[5.53] Playing with 5 days increment + auto-turns checked. More often than not, after the game has paused due to some events, the auto-turns are interrupted by 'no event' :

- I click the '5 days' button
- The game runs and stops
- In the Events Update window : new line showing a 5 days increment (ok) but no event (ko).
- repeat 1 or several times
- then eventually get a real interrupting event.

NB : in the HumanEventLog.txt file, the lines without interrupting event do not appear.

Turn on SM mode and then check the event log. I shouldn't be stopping the flow but I wonder if something that Steve has added to the NPRs is doing so.

Offline scvn2812

• Chief Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #324 on: October 05, 2011, 01:56:18 PM »
Bug one:

When pressing a time increment button (doesn't seem to matter which) the game will declare that it is not responding, minimize and when I bring the window back up, time usually but not always progresses in the increment chosen.  My system is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and I am playing on the reduced window height option.

Bug two:

I have observed this twice now.  Task forces become "stuck. " Their speed notations say that they are moving at max speed but they never make any progress towards their destination.  Their ETA never, ever updates and they do not physically move.  They have full supplies, full fuel and no ships within the TF have engine damage.  The first time I resolved this bug was by moving the ships out of that TF and afterward they worked fine.  I did, however, make the mistake of not deleting the offending TF once it had been emptied of ships and accidentally built a ship that auto-assigned to it.  I issued it an order to join my jump point garrison task force and it happily did so.  Now the garrison is stuck like the original TF.  Deleting orders and reissuing movement orders does not work at all, only moving the ships to a new TF.

Bug three:

The Task Force screen becomes unresponsive when you attempt to delete a Task Force that "has shipyard tasks associated with it. " After being told I could not delete the task force, the "task in progress" cursor swirl began and I could not click on anything in that window although I was able to close it by using the X and the rest of the game seems to be working fine and there are no problems when I open the screen again.

I am running version 5. 53

Offline Herode

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #325 on: October 05, 2011, 02:10:50 PM »
Turn on SM mode and then check the event log. I shouldn't be stopping the flow but I wonder if something that Steve has added to the NPRs is doing so.
+1  ;)

A whole bunch of events appeared. The ones that are related to the 'no-event' interruption are :
26th August 2045 03:01:01,Anembo,Anembo,20 inactive Research Labs on Anembo Prime

Maybe anembo's scientists launched a strike  ;D
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 02:17:21 PM by Herode »

Offline HaliRyan

• Lt. Commander
  • H
« Reply #326 on: October 05, 2011, 07:54:57 PM »
I get the following error message about 100 times every tick. Is there any way I can fix it without the DB password?

"Error in SwarmColonyProduction

Error 3265 was generated by DAO.Fields
Item not found in this collection."

Offline orfeusz

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #327 on: October 06, 2011, 09:42:23 AM »
I get the following error message about 100 times every tick. Is there any way I can fix it without the DB password?

No.

Put Your database into Rar archive and upload it to the net. Give me link.

Offline cah7777

• Leading Rate
  • c
« Reply #328 on: October 06, 2011, 06:43:42 PM »
Quote from: orfeusz link=topic=3895. msg40818#msg40818 date=1317912143
No.

Put Your database into Rar archive and upload it to the net.  Give me link.

Is it a difficult fix if you do have the DB password?  I am getting the same error.

Offline orfeusz

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #329 on: October 07, 2011, 01:18:59 AM »
Is it a difficult fix if you do have the DB password?  I am getting the same error.

No, its simple. If You create RAR archive (to have less size) and upload to the net i can fix it. Send me PM with link.

If so many people have this error it may be good idea to include fix in the next patch.