Author Topic: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread  (Read 86131 times)

Offline scvn2812

• Chief Petty Officer
  • s
Re: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread
« Reply #375 on: October 23, 2011, 12:57:48 AM »
Are you sure you are using 5.53?  This was a problem in 5.50-2 but it was the main issue fixed in 5.53.

Also, I get the create Tech System error above also, albeit very infrequently - I guess I've had it about four times in a game which has lasted 50 years.

That was in fact my error. I downloaded the full version after 5.53 but though it said 5.53 was included, somehow I ended up running 5.52. I am on 5.53 now and my commercial ships are building at a much brisker pace than before. I will snag 5.54 at the next bit of free time that comes my way.

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #376 on: October 23, 2011, 08:05:05 AM »
I'm getting an error when I promote a ground forces officer to an unoccupied rank, and the same error whenever I demote an officer regardless of number of officers in either rank.

Error in cmdPromote_Click
Error 3265 was generated by DAO.Fields
Item not found in this collection

In addition when the error occurs, there is no record made of the promotion/demotion in the officers history.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #377 on: October 23, 2011, 03:15:21 PM »
Getting this twice every 5 second turn... Error 6 Overflow "Error in GetMaxPotentialSensorRange"
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Din182

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #378 on: October 23, 2011, 03:25:29 PM »
Sensor contacts sometime "disappear" for no reason. I will be watching an enemy approach my fleet, then suddenly, I won't be able to see thm, and then they will reappear the next turn.
Invader Fleet #13090 has notified Fleet Command that it intendeds to Unload Trade Goods at Earth!

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
« Reply #379 on: October 23, 2011, 04:42:26 PM »
Just noticed that if you are in the ship design window and you accidently change the assignment of a ship to a PDC it will reset the design and strip out all of the non PDC items even when the design has been locked and ships produced. All produced ships will then have the stats of the PDC version - ie no engines or anything!

Was wondering why my survey ships were refusing to move anywhere.....

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #380 on: October 24, 2011, 08:28:01 AM »
Sensor contacts sometime "disappear" for no reason. I will be watching an enemy approach my fleet, then suddenly, I won't be able to see thm, and then they will reappear the next turn.

Ive seen this a number of times - usually when you try and use the double-click to zoom into a contact or fleet.  You can bring the contacts back fairly easily without advancing time by reselecting the system name on the drop down, which forces a redraw of the screen
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline sublight

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #381 on: October 24, 2011, 09:08:38 AM »
Whenever I'm using the 'search by abilities' window I occasionally get the following error:
"Error in SrdSorted_SelChange
Error 30009 generated by MSFlexGrid Invalid Row Value"

The error appears to occur whenever the search shows officers of different ranks and I select the first listed name of the highest included rank.

Also, I'm getting this odd message when attempting an MSL? launch from my PDC.
"ICBM Silo #1 Cannot be fired as the ship is suffering from effects of transit"

Its my 2nd conventional start and I was trying to do an asteroid survey by PDC launched drone-delivered buoys. . .

Offline LizardSF

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • L
« Reply #382 on: October 24, 2011, 09:45:58 AM »
I've been experiencing an interesting one... I'm not sure if it's a bug, or if I'm misunderstanding contracts, but I keep getting "((Shipname)) cannot complete orders to load infrastructure on Earth" type errors... but ((Shipname)) is a civilian commercial ship and I can't give it orders. I suspect it may be that the computer-run shipping company saw infrastructure on Earth and gave its ships orders to load it, but when it got there, I'd already done something with it.

Also: I am starting to see more and more that Aurora seems to lock up when I click "30 days", forcing me to use Task Manager to shut it down and restart. One time this happened, I was able to trace it to a foolishly-designed order cycle, but most times, I can't find a cause and have to just hope it clears up on its own.

Offline Goron

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #383 on: October 25, 2011, 09:25:37 AM »
Quote from: LizardSF link=topic=3895. msg41894#msg41894 date=1319467558
I've been experiencing an interesting one. . .  I'm not sure if it's a bug, or if I'm misunderstanding contracts, but I keep getting "((Shipname)) cannot complete orders to load infrastructure on Earth" type errors. . .  but ((Shipname)) is a civilian commercial ship and I can't give it orders.  I suspect it may be that the computer-run shipping company saw infrastructure on Earth and gave its ships orders to load it, but when it got there, I'd already done something with it.
I had that problem as well.
I made a civ contract to supply 100 infrastructure on Earth and a contract to demand on another colony, but then I started moving some infrastructure with government ships as well.  Earth ran out of infrastructure but still had the supply contract active, I suspect the civ ship gave itself a pickup order before I grabbed the last infrastructure available, so by the time the civ ship got there there was none left and it got confused.
I actually had to purpose build a couple more infrastructure on earth, which the civ ship promptly grabbed and ran off with, solving the problem.

Offline LizardSF

• L
« Reply #384 on: October 25, 2011, 09:40:18 AM »
I had that problem as well.
I made a civ contract to supply 100 infrastructure on Earth and a contract to demand on another colony, but then I started moving some infrastructure with government ships as well.  Earth ran out of infrastructure but still had the supply contract active, I suspect the civ ship gave itself a pickup order before I grabbed the last infrastructure available, so by the time the civ ship got there there was none left and it got confused.
I actually had to purpose build a couple more infrastructure on earth, which the civ ship promptly grabbed and ran off with, solving the problem.

I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that if you gave a "supply" order, the civilians built the items themselves, presumably from their own sources.

Do civilians "supply" items without draining your mineral resources? IOW, if you have no Mercassium, and you put in a "supply" order for research labs, which will the civilians somehow build them without the needed resource?

Offline Goron

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #385 on: October 25, 2011, 09:55:42 AM »
Supply orders (and a matching demand order) only affect civilian shipping, not production, AFAIK.
Civilians will produce trade goods, once of which is infrastructure, but that has no connection to your supply/demand contracts.
So if you want an automated mine moved from earth to Titan you can use contracts, but that mine needs to already exist on earth for it to work. . .  no civ will build it for you.

. . . or so I understand.

Offline LizardSF

• L
« Reply #386 on: October 25, 2011, 03:45:56 PM »
I'm getting a weird error. I've got two ships; one has a jump drive capable of 60K tons; the other has no jump. Both are commercial ships. When I attempt a squadron transit, I get the "ship too big" error, despite the fact the non-jump ship is <60K tons. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Here's the ship designs:
Carnegie - B class Colony Ship    52650 tons     459 Crew     1795.4 BP      TCS 1053  TH 750  EM 0
712 km/s    JR 2-25     Armour 1-125     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control 1     PPV 0
Maintenance Capacity 21 MSP
Colonists 100000   

"Longhaul" JC60K Commercial Jump Drive     Max Ship Size 60000 tons    Distance 25k km     Squadron Size 2
Commercial Ion Engine E0.9 (5)    Power 150    Fuel Use 9%    Armour 0    Exp 1%
Fuel Capacity 150,000 Litres    Range 57.0 billion km   (925 days at full power)

This ship is classed as a commercial vessel for maintenance purposes

Transporteer class Freighter    58100 tons     242 Crew     543.8 BP      TCS 1162  TH 750  EM 0
645 km/s     Armour 1-133     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control 1     PPV 0
Maintenance Capacity 6 MSP
Cargo 50000   Cargo Handling Multiplier 15   

Commercial Ion Engine E0.9 (5)    Power 150    Fuel Use 9%    Armour 0    Exp 1%
Fuel Capacity 200,000 Litres    Range 68.8 billion km   (1234 days at full power)

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #387 on: October 25, 2011, 03:54:19 PM »
I'm getting a weird error. I've got two ships; one has a jump drive capable of 60K tons; the other has no jump. Both are commercial ships. When I attempt a squadron transit, I get the "ship too big" error, despite the fact the non-jump ship is <60K tons. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Here's the ship designs:
Carnegie - B class Colony Ship    52650 tons     459 Crew     1795.4 BP      TCS 1053  TH 750  EM 0
712 km/s    JR 2-25     Armour 1-125     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control 1     PPV 0
Maintenance Capacity 21 MSP
Colonists 100000   

"Longhaul" JC60K Commercial Jump Drive     Max Ship Size 60000 tons    Distance 25k km     Squadron Size 2
Fuel Capacity 150,000 Litres    Range 57.0 billion km   (925 days at full power)

Transporteer class Freighter    58100 tons     242 Crew     543.8 BP      TCS 1162  TH 750  EM 0
645 km/s     Armour 1-133     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control 1     PPV 0
Maintenance Capacity 6 MSP
Cargo 50000   Cargo Handling Multiplier 15   

Fuel Capacity 200,000 Litres    Range 68.8 billion km   (1234 days at full power)

This is not a bug, it is working as intended.  A simple review of the Aurorawiki would have told you what was wrong.

These are common mistakes that seem to be reported by new players every few weeks: 

• The jumpdrive being used must be large enough to cover the jumpship itself.
  • The size of the jumpship is maximum limit to ship size that can jump with it not the limit of the drive.
  • Commercial jumpdrives only support commercial ships and the same restriction is on military jumpdrives.
  • Squadron transit is limited to the task group that the jumpship is a part of and the squadron size limit includes the jumpship.

Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline LizardSF

• L
« Reply #388 on: October 25, 2011, 04:30:13 PM »
This is not a bug, it is working as intended. 
The size of the jumpship is maximum limit to ship size that can jump with it not the limit of the drive.

That seems to be the problem, then... the "passenger" is slightly larger than the "carrier". Well, foo.

Offline Din182

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #389 on: October 26, 2011, 07:47:35 PM »
-snip-
  • Commercial jumpdrives only support commercial ships and the same restriction is on military jumpdrives.

I believe military jump drives can transport civilian ships.
Invader Fleet #13090 has notified Fleet Command that it intendeds to Unload Trade Goods at Earth!