Author Topic: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread  (Read 86109 times)

Offline rymwoo

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • r
Re: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread
« Reply #435 on: November 12, 2011, 11:45:19 AM »
I'm not sure what exactly happened or even how reproducible the situation is but I am on version 5. 53 and after a bunch of 5second auto-turns due to what I assumed what NPR interaction, I can no longer see anything on the system maps window, instead getting an error 6 overflow popup.   I should clarify that everything in the window is there.  .  .   and if I press OK I can even see the recent events text typed in yellow at the bottom of my window, as well as the scale displayed, but the actual planetary orbits, and bodies are all missing - I just have a big blue screen instead.   I suspect the overflow has to do with the orbital bodies in some system? Changing systems seems to work fine on the display - I just have no visualization of data for the Sol system at all. 

Edit: I just patched to v 5. 54 and the issue still persists.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 11:48:34 AM by rymwoo »

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #436 on: November 12, 2011, 05:05:13 PM »
I'm not sure what exactly happened or even how reproducible the situation is but I am on version 5. 53 and after a bunch of 5second auto-turns due to what I assumed what NPR interaction, I can no longer see anything on the system maps window, instead getting an error 6 overflow popup.   I should clarify that everything in the window is there.  .  .   and if I press OK I can even see the recent events text typed in yellow at the bottom of my window, as well as the scale displayed, but the actual planetary orbits, and bodies are all missing - I just have a big blue screen instead.   I suspect the overflow has to do with the orbital bodies in some system? Changing systems seems to work fine on the display - I just have no visualization of data for the Sol system at all. 

I'm going to guess that you're borked.  I had a bunch of similar errors when the galaxy map tried to populate, i'm pretty sure I borked some of the systems there when I was trying to establish new warp points for a newly generated system.  Each time I clicked the error, something would draw on the screen-- links, text, systems, but if I did ANYTHING, the errors would start all over.

Have you been backing up your database (saving) frequently?  You may be able to cycle back a bit to before the error occured.

Offline Goron

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #437 on: November 12, 2011, 11:55:34 PM »
Small spelling (well, not spelling but capitalization typo):

EDIT: Ooops, I also realize I had the cursor off int he screenie, it is the tooltip for the [Clear Orders] button.

Offline yochh

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • y
« Reply #438 on: November 13, 2011, 05:40:42 AM »
I think my civilian shipping line are broken, anytime Aurora seems to try to make it work I get the following error "Error in ModifyCivilianContract" and "Error 3061 was generated by DAO. Database too few parameters. Expected 1. "

I'm pretty new to Aurora, but to date I've always had this error, and shipping lines never worked for me.  I often check the civilian window but they never have any ship and thus any activity, even though i've got several colonies and ships designs for their needs.

I run on Windows 7, installed Aurora as instructed (kept the existing file when prompted) and I did change the regional setting to US.

Anyone has any idea how to fix this ? I'm so desperated to play this game, love it so much  :'(

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #439 on: November 13, 2011, 05:44:10 AM »
make sure you are run the game in Administrator mode + that youve installed the latest patch.

Also I had to install the timer program in order to get the DLLs working properly, discussed in one of the windows 7 threads.

Offline yochh

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • y
« Reply #440 on: November 13, 2011, 10:57:29 AM »
Quote from: TheDeadlyShoe link=topic=3895.   msg43154#msg43154 date=1321184650
make sure you are run the game in Administrator mode + that youve installed the latest patch.   

Also I had to install the timer program in order to get the DLLs working properly, discussed in one of the windows 7 threads.   

I always run it as admin, and also I didn't intall it in the program file.    I ran the dll fixer but it didn't change anything, what's the timer program you're talking about ?

Edit: I also tried to turn off Windows UAC and to reset full control to all users for aurora.  exe but still not working, then tried to re-install the game and .  .  .   still not working.   Also, I checked my files and my game is up to date.   I added screenshots of the errors I get. 

FINAL EDIT: It seems I solved my problem, this was coming from my regional settings, I had in deed changed the comma thing, and besides the shipping lines the game ran great like that, but now i changed my regional setting completly to English US and everything works fine.  So, changing the comma isn't enough, my bad.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 01:51:49 PM by yochh »

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #441 on: November 13, 2011, 07:11:56 PM »
Oh well, that's annoying. At least its fixed.

You can send a shipyard-TG into task force training and have it wander off planet then you cant get it back there >_<

If I order the lead ship in a survey flotilla set to auto-survey to jump to sol, refuel/resupply, then go back out to a new area, then Copy the orders to the subordinate fleets... they generally don't refuel/resupply for some reason. The order shows in their list. I don't get it. Can anyone confirm?

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #442 on: November 15, 2011, 01:19:21 AM »
Just a reminder that PDC refit still doesn´t work
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #443 on: November 15, 2011, 02:01:00 AM »
I recovered a engine from a TL1 alien civilization that produces a Divide By Zero error when I put it on a design.

Conventional Engine E0 (1)    Power 1    Fuel Use 0%    Signature 0    Armour 0    Exp 0%    Hyper Capable
Fuel Capacity 50,000 Litres    Range 0.0 billion km   (0 hours at full power)

Evidently it is a hyper capable fire extinguisher that you use from the airlock.

Offline blue emu

• Commander
  • b
« Reply #444 on: November 15, 2011, 03:27:05 PM »
Aurora v5.53 - Jump Gate Constructors can no longer build Jump Gates once the ship's captain's Factory Production bonus reaches +100%. Replacing him with a lower-skilled officer allows the Jump Gate Construction to proceed normally.

Offline LizardSF

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • L
« Reply #445 on: November 17, 2011, 12:42:03 PM »
This bug should be easy to replicate:
a)Make some asteroid miners, put them in a TG, and move them to an asteroid. Call the TG "Mining 1" or whatever.
b)Make some more, move them to a different asteroid. Call this "Mining 2".
c)You should see each asteroid reporting the correct number of orbital mining units.
d)Give Mining 2 order to "Join" Mining 1.
e)When it's done, you'll see Mining 1 has all the ships in it from Mining 2 and Mining 1, as you'd expect. However, the "Orbital Mining Modules" on the Mining tab for that asteroid will not have changed (at least, it didn't for me).
f)Give Mining 1 orders to move to anywhere, preferably somewhere far. Advance the clock a few days.
g)Cancel those orders, have the group move back to its original asteroid.
h)The mining tab will now show the correct number of mining units.

It seems as if the program checks a task group's total mining units only when it first arrives at the asteroid; it doesn't check if the task group's composition changes. (While I didn't test it, this could lead to an exploit; move 10 mining ships to an asteroid, wait a few days, then detach all but one; lather, rinse, repeat. If I'm correct about what's happening, you'll get the full mining benefit of a lot more ships than are actually orbiting.)

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #446 on: November 17, 2011, 10:13:11 PM »
workaround for that one is to give the ships you want to join at the roid an order to move to the roid, then join the other mining group. no muss no fuss.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #447 on: November 18, 2011, 09:32:57 AM »
Aurora v5.53 - Jump Gate Constructors can no longer build Jump Gates once the ship's captain's Factory Production bonus reaches +100%. Replacing him with a lower-skilled officer allows the Jump Gate Construction to proceed normally.

Fixed for v5.55

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #448 on: November 18, 2011, 09:34:48 AM »
Small spelling (well, not spelling but capitalization typo):

EDIT: Ooops, I also realize I had the cursor off int he screenie, it is the tooltip for the [Clear Orders] button.

Fixed for v5.55

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #449 on: November 18, 2011, 09:41:57 AM »
There's a second, unrelated bug I've run into - Error in GetMaxPotentialSensorRange, Error 6 Overflow.  Searching only got one hit for it, which was an unreplied to report of it in this topic. 

I didn't manage to reproduce it but I think I have fixed it. One of the variables in this function may have overflowed for very large numbers. I have changed to a variable type with a greater max value. Thanks for the additional detail on the Swarm - that helped.

Steve