Author Topic: v5.56/v5.60 Official Bugs Thread  (Read 65934 times)

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: v5.56/v5.60 Official Bugs Thread
« Reply #150 on: March 20, 2012, 02:56:09 PM »
If you click rename on a rank, and click cancel, it still blanks the rank.

Offline Tssha

• Petty Officer
« Reply #151 on: March 21, 2012, 07:48:47 PM »
Officers window, when you use the "Search by Ability or Location" panel, sometimes it throws a 30009 error generated by MSFlexGrid: Invalid Row Value.

I've duplicated the bug.  It only affects the number one officer in that rank (by seniority).  For instance, you have a only one Vice Admiral and every time you select him or her in the Search panel it throws this error.  This also happens when you select the first Rear Admiral (as in, number 1 of that rank).  This happens for the 1st Commodore and 1st Captain as well, but not for the 1st Commander.  It does not happen if you already have the rank selected in the Ranks and Seniority panel (i.e. does not throw an error for the first Captain if you're already looking at Captains on the left hand panel "Seniority of officers within the selected rank").

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #152 on: March 23, 2012, 04:39:46 PM »
Error 3201 was generated by DAO.  Recordset
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'TechSystem'.
Please report to hxxp: aurora2.  pentarch.  org/viewforum.  php?f=11
Getting this generating a game.

Edit: Hold on, might be my fault. >.>

Double edit: My language and everything options are in UK english, but my system locale is japanese. Does that matter? If so, I'll try it in applocale.

Triple edit: That didn't work.

Quadruple edit: Also, does it matter?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 04:47:07 PM by Person012345 »

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2012, 10:04:31 PM »
My game creation window shows a dozen errors every time I regenerate a universe.  I click through them and seems to be no harm. 

Offline Aldaris

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2012, 04:37:55 AM »
5.60: I'm getting exactly two division by zero errors every five in-game days. Only possible cause I can think of is one of my planets which has been captured by star swarm and is spitting out ships like no tommorrow, At least I think that's what it's doing. I also have a few fleets that have been task force training for almost a year but without any increase in their rating (No they're not on 100%). For added bug report thoroughness, here's the database, relevant game is Starborn.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2012, 11:20:13 AM »
5.60: I'm getting exactly two division by zero errors every five in-game days. Only possible cause I can think of is one of my planets which has been captured by star swarm and is spitting out ships like no tommorrow, At least I think that's what it's doing. I also have a few fleets that have been task force training for almost a year but without any increase in their rating (No they're not on 100%). For added bug report thoroughness, here's the database, relevant game is Starborn.

For the task force training, have you got a high officer in the task force command slot and then all the slots within the task force filled?

Offline Aldaris

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #156 on: March 25, 2012, 11:28:34 AM »
Probably not, as I'm dealing with bit of an officer shortage at the moment. I had a hunch that would be a problem.

Offline sublight

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #157 on: March 27, 2012, 11:02:43 PM »

Event Stutter: I have no clue what is causing it, but in one game every time a task force completes orders I receive a dozen or more copies of the "order complete" notification in the event log. That happens for every order completion notice of every task force for all player races. I might be wrong, but every year it feels like there are more redundant notifications.

Tech Prerequisite mismatch: Garrison Battalion and Replacement Battalion technologies appear to no longer be research prerequisites for Engineering Divisions, but the game thinks they still are when it comes to "old tech" sharing. In one conventional start game I saw Side A share Garrison and Replacement Battalion technologies to Side B after researching Engineering Division. This was odd considering that Side A didn't have either Garrison or Replacement Battalion technology themselves.

Offline Aldaris

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #158 on: March 30, 2012, 08:10:08 AM »
Selecting a colony in the F2 view or other tabs of the same window no longer updates the data being displayed, meaning I can only interact with my homeworld. I humbly request somebody with a database password looks at this, because this makes my campaign unplayable. Database included here.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 08:32:00 AM by Aldaris »

Offline Marthnn

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #159 on: March 30, 2012, 08:55:59 AM »
Selecting a colony in the F2 view or other tabs of the same window no longer updates the data being displayed, meaning I can only interact with my homeworld. I humbly request somebody with a database password looks at this, because this makes my campaign unplayable. Database included here.

When going through time increments, I only keep System Map and Event screens open, others may not be updated properly. You can close and reopen the F2 screen, your new colonies should appear properly.

Offline Aldaris

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #160 on: March 30, 2012, 01:44:07 PM »
This isn't after an increment, this is right after starting up the game.

Offline Marthnn

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #161 on: March 30, 2012, 09:10:23 PM »
This isn't after an increment, this is right after starting up the game.

Have you tried closing and reopening the F2 screen anyway?

When I start a game, I have a home world and no colony. If you have colonies, then you must have added them with SM in some way. The F2 screen doesn't update systematically, increment or not. In fact, colonies aren't added during increment even during normal gameplay.

I guess you have tried all this already and it is truly a bug, colonies not showing somehow. Anyone wants to check his DB?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #162 on: March 30, 2012, 09:14:47 PM »
Have you tried closing and reopening the F2 screen anyway?

When I start a game, I have a home world and no colony. If you have colonies, then you must have added them with SM in some way. The F2 screen doesn't update systematically, increment or not. In fact, colonies aren't added during increment even during normal gameplay.

I guess you have tried all this already and it is truly a bug, colonies not showing somehow. Anyone wants to check his DB?

Could always hit the refresh all button at the bottom.

Offline Aldaris

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #163 on: March 31, 2012, 10:10:57 AM »
Clarification: The campaign has been running for 55 years. When starting up the game and loading in that campaign and then opening the F2 window, clicking on a colony does not open up the info of that colony. The screen is locked to the homeworld.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #164 on: March 31, 2012, 11:14:22 AM »
If you click rename on a rank, and click cancel, it still blanks the rank.

Fixed for next version - although fixed the same problem for renaming commanders

Steve