Author Topic: Official v6.30 Bugs thread  (Read 45155 times)

Offline DTF

• Petty Officer
  • D
Re: Official v6.30 Bugs thread
« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2014, 07:55:31 AM »
Unsure on how 'recent' this bug is, haven't read all of the v6. x bug threads:

Fighters build from salvaged alien components do not use up the components from the stockpile. 
Quite profitable with invader components (if you can kill them, i. e.  let them ram themselves to death).

Also, Fighters refit either instantly or very quickly - due to the already mentioned bug of fighters, pds, etc.  not locking upon construction, I fitted a new engine onto a fighter design.  Next time I looked, all of the mentioned fighters had the upgrade.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2014, 07:57:38 AM »
Just found and fixed a bug that caused non-jump capable NPR ships to try to make a squadron jump through a jump gate (which could potentially cause shortened increments).

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2014, 10:02:06 PM »
Fuel Consumption in the Missile Engine Size category does not match what is printed in the design summary for new missile engines. size=0.5 reports a fuel consumption mod of 1x, but that doesn't actually happen until missile size = 5.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2014, 04:53:40 AM »
Fuel Consumption in the Missile Engine Size category does not match what is printed in the design summary for new missile engines. size=0.5 reports a fuel consumption mod of 1x, but that doesn't actually happen until missile size = 5.

Seems like this is already fixed in 6.40:

Fixed for v6.40. It's a display error and doesn't affect actual missile engine fuel consumption

Steve

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #154 on: January 20, 2014, 02:14:48 PM »
It appears that you lose every fighter that you accidentally sent into overhaul. It gets stuck forever while the maintenance clock only continues to rise since the 'abandon overhaul' command does not work.(but 'begin overhaul' does; how cruel) You can land the craft in hangars which atleast rescues it from falling apart, but it doesn't really help - after relaunch, they are still stuck in overhaul.
I had this problem in the past without reporting, but this time I lose around 80 interceptors in one sweep. There is no other way than deleting them all one by one, or not?
Surely this is known already, so is there a fix maybe that I overlooked?
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #155 on: January 22, 2014, 06:57:53 PM »
Steve - I have run into what has to be a bug in planet/system generation.  Or I have run into something I've never encountered before.  

One of my fleets was probing a system, as I've grown cautious after losing several survey ships in systems with planets with oxygen-nitrogen atmospheres.  The fleet was proceeding towards a habitable moon of a gas giant when it detected a population on the gas giant.  I double checked and the population was actually on the gas giant, not any of the moons, and it appeared to be composed of ground troops.  Thinking that maybe I had found something new that you've added, I sent in my geo-survey ship to survey the gas giant and began trying to establish contact with the aliens.  When the survey ship competed its survey it revealed that the gas giant had deposits of all eleven TN resources at good availability levels.  This should not be possible, unless things have changed a lot.  

At this point I thought that maybe Aurora was calling the planet a gas giant but that it really was a terrestrial planet in all but name, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Aurora would not allow me to establish a colony on the gas giant, and informed me that it wasn't possible on a gas giant, just as it should have.  The gas giant has 10 moons, three of which are terrestrial, just as a gas giant might have but a terrestrial planet will not have.

The fact that Aurora allowed the NPR to establish a colony on the planet is interesting, given it would not allow me to do the same thing.  I think for now I am going to ignore the alien colony as if it doesn't exist, as it shouldn't exist.  

Kurt

Steve- I forgot to add that I'm using version 6.3.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 10:16:22 PM by Kurt »

Offline ArchRylen

• Chief Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #156 on: January 22, 2014, 09:27:39 PM »
Boarding troops don't seem to load properly.

I build some boarding fighters (company drop + engine), assign them to a group, and instruct to load from anywhere. All companies loaded are considered to be cargo of the first listed ship in the group. If that ship is destroyed, all companies are gone. If the fleet is split, all loaded units stay with that first ship. It does not seem to matter if I load within the fleet or from outside.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #157 on: January 22, 2014, 11:27:30 PM »
Steve - I have run into what has to be a bug in planet/system generation.  Or I have run into something I've never encountered before.  

One of my fleets was probing a system, as I've grown cautious after losing several survey ships in systems with planets with oxygen-nitrogen atmospheres.  The fleet was proceeding towards a habitable moon of a gas giant when it detected a population on the gas giant.  I double checked and the population was actually on the gas giant, not any of the moons, and it appeared to be composed of ground troops.  Thinking that maybe I had found something new that you've added, I sent in my geo-survey ship to survey the gas giant and began trying to establish contact with the aliens.  When the survey ship competed its survey it revealed that the gas giant had deposits of all eleven TN resources at good availability levels.  This should not be possible, unless things have changed a lot.  

At this point I thought that maybe Aurora was calling the planet a gas giant but that it really was a terrestrial planet in all but name, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Aurora would not allow me to establish a colony on the gas giant, and informed me that it wasn't possible on a gas giant, just as it should have.  The gas giant has 10 moons, three of which are terrestrial, just as a gas giant might have but a terrestrial planet will not have.

The fact that Aurora allowed the NPR to establish a colony on the planet is interesting, given it would not allow me to do the same thing.  I think for now I am going to ignore the alien colony as if it doesn't exist, as it shouldn't exist.  

Kurt

You've found Goldblatt's world, while your system map shows it to be an ordinary gas giant, actually it's a torus of gas that's been ripped out of a normal gas giant by the intense gravity of the neutron star it orbits, the gas is just dense enough to support oxygen breathing creatures which can fly within it's limits, however there is no solid ground for a terrestial colony as you might wish to establish. However those moons you've found must be a bug as there's no single dense planet there for any moons to orbit.
Source: Science Fiction
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 11:29:01 PM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #158 on: January 23, 2014, 07:14:12 PM »
Getting a "No ranks found, please set up ranks before creating commanders" message every 5 day increment.

I have done nothing unusual to ranks or commanders. It isn't breaking the game but it does pop up every turn.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #159 on: January 23, 2014, 08:33:39 PM »
I've got some spoilers camped around my homeworld, they ran out of ammo, but haven't left and are tripping interrupts constantly even though they are unable to fire on anything either due to atmosphere or again not having ammo. 1 of which is a beamship and may be responsible, 2 others are amm ships.

Offline Scraphound

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #160 on: January 23, 2014, 09:07:28 PM »
Hi all.   New to the game and struggling with a number of errors.   

My latest is a 3021 error that pops up continuously and stops my game dead.   I reinstalled everything, careful to follow all steps in the installation and patch threads.   

If it matters, I recently built a couple geosurvey ships and automated them to scan nearest body.   I've been jumping by 30 day increments as well.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2014, 01:10:35 PM »
What?!? I am not alone in the universe....After some 25 years into the game... Suddenly a hundred alien vessels appears on my sensors, all of them centered at Mars, were I have a colony of some 120 million humans... Cant find anything of there homeworld... After advancing time 5 seconds I still cant find any alien populations, anywhere i Sol system... A bug?
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2014, 01:19:13 PM »
Had to restart the game, there is a new population on Mars....

Thermal: 221900
EM646830

But were did it come from....
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #163 on: January 24, 2014, 03:47:24 PM »
Hi all.   New to the game and struggling with a number of errors.   

My latest is a 3021 error that pops up continuously and stops my game dead.   I reinstalled everything, careful to follow all steps in the installation and patch threads.   

If it matters, I recently built a couple geosurvey ships and automated them to scan nearest body.   I've been jumping by 30 day increments as well.

Is your decimal separator a comma?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #164 on: January 24, 2014, 03:49:22 PM »

Kurt

Given that someone else just reported a large alien population appearing on Mars, I am starting to wonder if the game is somehow picking up a colony from another game. Could you email me the DB?