Author Topic: Official v6.30 Bugs thread  (Read 45173 times)

Offline Tanj

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • T
Re: Official v6.30 Bugs thread
« Reply #180 on: January 29, 2014, 07:26:09 AM »
From Earth to Luna?
So instead of spending 12 minutes 48 seconds @ 500 km/s for the direct approach they're redirecting through 4 systems?
Sounds reasonable.

I figure it's some kind of corporate tax dodge  :P

Offline Ceebees

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • C
« Reply #181 on: January 29, 2014, 02:25:10 PM »
I ran into a curious event, not quite sure if it's a bug since i did do a bit of SM manipulation that led to it.

After another annoying stretch of 5-second shortened intervals, i turned on SM mode to discover that one NPR was laboriously attempting to conquer another by bombarding it's homeworld with a single gauss cannon, one point of damage at a time.  Wanting this to stop, preferably forever, i SM teleported my fleet into orbit and had them glass the planet in question.

At this point, things got a little strange; the NPR population on the ground surrendered to me due to the bombardment, but it's shipyards didn't and the attacking fleet continued to bombard a nonexistent population belonging to the defeated empire.  Firing a second salvo to obliterate the shipyards cleared the attacker's orders, but it also caused my fleet to surrender to itself and be turned over (to me) with 0% TF training.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #182 on: January 30, 2014, 01:14:07 PM »
It looks like components are still being repaired from damage control after the ship itself was repaired, even though the display now shows the DCQ as clear post repair.

Offline Cheet4h

• Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #183 on: January 30, 2014, 04:06:09 PM »
I'm currently getting a stretch of forced 5 second intervals with an error 94 "Invalid use of Null".   This happened right after I dropped a thermal and EM sensor buoy at a jump point.   It may be that the error happened because I designed the buoy before I designed any missile engines, but it expected an engine in the buoy object?

What I did:
Designed a buoy with sensors and without engines
Flew a ship with these buoy to the nearest jump point
Used the button in the ship description to launch a missile. 
Gave the ship the order to turn to the next jump point
Checked the sensor ranges, no ranges turned up
Removed orders for the ship and gave it the order to "launch missiles at" jump point #1
Ship arrived, still no second sensor range. 
Gave order to fly to the next jump point, as soon as I incremented time the game reduced the intervals to 5-second intervals.   Throws "Error 94 - Invalid use of Null" everytime. 

edit: The error happens in "FireAllWeapons" and disappears when I delete the scout ship, so was definitely caused by it.  I think I pressed the "Open Fire" button in the ships screen, and now I see that I didn't assign the buoys to the launcher.  Maybe related to this?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 06:49:43 PM by Cheet4h »

Offline Raaaak

• Leading Rate
  • R
« Reply #184 on: January 30, 2014, 05:08:31 PM »
I'm getting errors related to a NPR fighting.

Background:
created a NPR in SpaceMaster mode, and got some error related to missile that I foolishly ignored.
16 years later this happens somewhere in the universe.

Alternating
"Error in CreateSalvo" and "Error in LoadSalvos"
Code: [Select]
Error 94 generated by Aurora
Invalid use of Null

Offline SteelChicken

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #185 on: February 02, 2014, 10:41:08 AM »
Saw an interesting situation where one race[Race A] allied with me (friendly military, open trade) opened fire on my ships...that had surrendered to me from *another* race[Race B] that I had won a war with years ago.  This other race was also at war with the race allied to me.  I guess they didn't know those were my ships, LOL.

If you want the db, let me know.

I defeat race A, their colony ships surrendered to me.  I kept them in orbit of my homeworld.
Race B, friends with me, but also at war with race A, blew away those ships that had surrendered to me years before.

Looking at Race B's event log, it shows my ships as still belonging to the old race.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #186 on: February 02, 2014, 12:43:25 PM »
Saw an interesting situation where one race[Race A] allied with me (friendly military, open trade) opened fire on my ships...that had surrendered to me from *another* race[Race B] that I had won a war with years ago.  This other race was also at war with the race allied to me.  I guess they didn't know those were my ships, LOL.

If you want the db, let me know.

I defeat race A, their colony ships surrendered to me.  I kept them in orbit of my homeworld.
Race B, friends with me, but also at war with race A, blew away those ships that had surrendered to me years before.

Looking at Race B's event log, it shows my ships as still belonging to the old race.

I've found something in my current campaign that is similar. It is because when the ships change race, the contacts associated with them are not updated accordingly. So anyone who had a contact record before the ships changed hands will still see them as the original race. I'll fix it for v6.40

Steve

Offline Bgreman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #187 on: February 04, 2014, 03:22:08 PM »
I've found something in my current campaign that is similar. It is because when the ships change race, the contacts associated with them are not updated accordingly. So anyone who had a contact record before the ships changed hands will still see them as the original race. I'll fix it for v6.40

Steve

Nice to see this, that's another bugfix I'd die to have for my LP.  A related bug is that if a foreign ship undergoes refit, the contact is not updated to reflect the new class.

Offline SteelChicken

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #188 on: February 06, 2014, 10:42:17 AM »

Steve

Yay!!!!

A couple of more bugs.

1) Combat assignments overview.  If you set missile ships to a certain level of AMM defence, eg 1 anti missile per target, etc, you can copy that setting to other ships...this works correctly.  It does not work correctly for copying "none"...each ship has to be updated manually in this case.  No error message, just won't copy the "None" setting.

2) Recently conquered an enemy home-world.  I wanted to load some of their same-sized missiles into my ships, but when I go into ordnance management for my ships (click on a single ship, in a fleet, select population)...its pointing to the missiles stocks on my home-world, 3 jumps away.  My fleet is definitely orbiting the right planet :)

EDIT:  #2 went away all by itself...when I took ships out of the original fleet and created another fleet.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 11:25:09 AM by SteelChicken »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #189 on: February 06, 2014, 10:55:07 AM »

Steve

Actually, if Race A captured a ship of Race B, and then sent it into the system of Race C (who knew of both A and B), their first assumption should be that it is a ship of Race B rather than Race A.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #190 on: February 06, 2014, 02:40:13 PM »
Actually, if Race A captured a ship of Race B, and then sent it into the system of Race C (who knew of both A and B), their first assumption should be that it is a ship of Race B rather than Race A.

Erik that would be true if Steve had a detailed fog-of-war/tactical intelligence model coded.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #191 on: February 06, 2014, 03:18:09 PM »
Erik that would be true if Steve had a detailed fog-of-war/tactical intelligence model coded.

Maybe just wishful thinking on my part :)

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #192 on: February 07, 2014, 07:39:34 AM »
They should think it's Race B only if they aren't friendly with either race and therefore have no overriding intelligence. Obviously if they're allied to race A they would know the codes for A's civilian transponders or whatever and would know immediately that despite looking like B's ship it's actually claiming to be A's.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Antsan

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #193 on: February 07, 2014, 08:51:59 AM »
This is basically a repeat from the v6. 20 Bugs thread.

When running under wine on MacOS, the program crashes when attempting to write log files (either manually from the Events window, or the automatic yearly output).  I would guess it's a Wine issue.  An option to disable the automatic log output would seem to be an easy sure-fire fix.

(In version 6. 20 it would do a flood of error messages that could be clicked through.  Now it just crashes.  Also interestingly, it seems to process the increment, and then crash.  When re-launched, the date has not been updated, but I've verified that planets have moved and research and production have advanced.  Usually the game proceeds normally but sometimes it keeps trying to write the log file and crashing.  Besides the crashes, this can result in 15 or 20 days of movement and production all happening in the same 5 days.  Another possible fix might be to just ensure the increment is completely processed and the current date updated before writing the log file so that upon re-launch it has the correct date and doesn't try to write the file again. )
I have the same problem. Also any research events are displayed once when they happen and a second time when the point where the game normally crashes is surpassed. Also strangely it didn't happen in the first year.
Disabling logs seems reasonable - I never use them, either way.

The time of crash seems to be moving 5 days forward per year. Seems like there somewhere is 365 days in a year lingering around.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 08:53:42 AM by Antsan »

Offline Vermilingua

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • V
« Reply #194 on: February 13, 2014, 01:44:00 AM »
Hi all,
When incrementing more than a day (5 or 30 days), without fail, Aurora will return a division by zero error.  The full error is as follows:
Code: [Select]
Error in AddStatusPoints
Error 11 was generated by Aurora
Division by zero
This, needless to say, is really annoying.  It almost doubles the time it takes to increment, and disables auto incrementing.  I can't remember exactly when it started, but I think it was around the time I started my first colony (on Mars).
Anyway, if there's anything that can be done, or if there is a way to downgrade and keep the save, let me know.
Vermilingua