Author Topic: Official v6.30 Bugs thread  (Read 45242 times)

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
Re: Official v6.30 Bugs thread
« Reply #210 on: March 08, 2014, 06:44:02 PM »
(Minor Bug) If you tow a shipyard that has ships in construction the ships will remain under construction at the initial body and be launched there.

Desired behavior: Construction paused while in tow and recommence once shipyards are detached again.

Offline ShadowLop

• Chief Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #211 on: March 08, 2014, 07:46:00 PM »
26 years in, random error

Error 3075 generated in DAO.database
Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'Name = 'Mikhel'son' and RaceID = 304'.
Please report...

Followed twice by:
Error in GetSystemThemeName
Error 3420 generated by DAO.Recordset
Object invalid or no longer set

Seems to have ocurred when I explored a new jump point.
Maybe an NPR spawned?

Found another NPR/spoiler infested system before too (second scout ship taken down by Mesons.) and had no problems there.

Few (Ingame) hours later, ran into some ships.

PS. I'm using a race pack.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #212 on: March 09, 2014, 08:37:40 AM »
26 years in, random error

Error 3075 generated in DAO.database
Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'Name = 'Mikhel'son' and RaceID = 304'.
Please report...

Followed twice by:
Error in GetSystemThemeName
Error 3420 generated by DAO.Recordset
Object invalid or no longer set

Seems to have ocurred when I explored a new jump point.
Maybe an NPR spawned?

Found another NPR/spoiler infested system before too (second scout ship taken down by Mesons.) and had no problems there.

Few (Ingame) hours later, ran into some ships.

PS. I'm using a race pack.

Aurora can't handle theme names that contain apostrophes. I didn't realise there were any in the database. I'll take a look.

Steve

Offline ShadowLop

• Chief Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #213 on: March 10, 2014, 03:35:25 AM »
Aurora can't handle theme names that contain apostrophes. I didn't realise there were any in the database. I'll take a look.

Steve

While you're at it, it seems it can't handle apostrophes in squadron names either.

Created a squadron ages ago and added 10 fighters. Now that I want to launch them, I'm looping the following errors:

Error in CheckFleetName
Error 3075 generated DAO.Database
Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'RaceID = 302 and FleetName = 'Squadron #2 - Screamin' Demons #23".
Please report...

Error in CheckFleetName
Error 91 generated by Aurora
Object variable or With block variable not set
Please report...
(this one appears twice)

This one required a process termination to get out of.
Loaded back up, removed the apostrophe, all good.

-----------

Adding here to not double-post:

Ran into another one. Had three colliers in my fleet with a bunch of missiles on board. Missile destroyers are a bit low.
Tell the fleet to rearm from own colliers.
Thew a bunch of errors (didn't get them and they don't show in the log).
Long story short: Destroyers didn't re-arm, colliers now have zero missiles.

Threw some more in there with SM and reloaded the destroyers. I'll try and replicate the bug, but I suspect that it is related to colliers attempting to reload themselves from other colliers of the same class, while having a default loadout of zero missiles.

----------------

Got another crasher:

Eror in UpdateGameLog
Error 3014 generated by DAO.Database
Cannot open any more tables.

Happened when I selected a branch that included a sub-branc, added the whole thing into stored branches, then attempted to add the whole thing into the copied sub-branch.

I think it's eternally looping, trying to generate an infinite number of branches...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 10:12:51 PM by ShadowLop »

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
advanced laser bug
« Reply #214 on: March 13, 2014, 07:57:20 AM »
WARNING THIS IS A BUG REPORT ABOUT A SPOILER.

Steve a recent look at the advanced laser looks like something very wierd has happened with the damage progression.  The 10cm advanced laser now does 0 damage and on the info design screen says it is a 4cm laser.  On the high end the 80cm advanced laser is claiming to be a 210cm laser with the appropriately huge damage.

Here is the thread where this first came up.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,6871.new.html#new

Brian

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #215 on: March 15, 2014, 03:24:40 AM »
There seems to be an occasional bug relating to the drawdown of the maintenance clock and crew months shore leave clock as sometimes the values increase rather than decrease. This occurs with both military and civilian vessels ( for civilian only the shore leave crew months figure )

For instance a military Gravitational survey vessel on overhaul at Earth on 13/4/2071 had the values 1.03 and 9.66 , on 19/4//2071 the figures were 0.96 and 7.98 However on 21/4/2071 the figures were 0.97 and 8.07 ( an increase rather than a decrease ). On 25/4/2071 they were 0.89 and 6.16 but on 26/4/2071 they had crept up again to 0.90 and 6.19.

Has anyone else noticed this with the overhaul clocks even though eventually the drawdown reaches zero for both clocks.

There are plenty of maintenance supplies available so that is not an issue.

DavidR

PS I have also noticed that for commercial vessels , occasionally , vessels of the same class at a planet will all show the same amount of crew time remaining even though originally the times were different.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 03:41:32 AM by davidr »

Offline SteelChicken

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #216 on: March 15, 2014, 03:52:28 PM »
"Error in Execute Orders"

If you have a fleet with orders to move to another fleet, and lets say a certain nasty spoiler blows up the destination fleet, you will see this error continually as a popup...sometimes having to CTRL-ALT-DEL to exit.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #217 on: March 16, 2014, 04:43:42 AM »
The "Refresh Tech" button in F5 class design will not update "Selectable Missile Types" in the Ordnance / Fighter screen.

You have to tick in the "Show Obsolete" button to show new missile designs created after the ship was created which makes little sense.

Offline stamasd

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #218 on: March 16, 2014, 05:17:34 PM »
I had: Error in Shipyard Attack
Error 5 was generated by Aurora
Invalid procedure call or argument

I had a lot of 5s and 10s turn adjustments recently, probably some NPRs are fighting and one is attacking a shipyard.  ???

Same here. Newly created game of 6.30, conventional start with no missile bases; about 2 years in the game I have endless 5- and 10-second turns, with an "error in shipyard attack - error 5 was generated by aurora" every 7 or 8 clicks.

(edit) link to savegame: http://speedy.sh/vFFsy/Stevefire-error5.7z
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 05:37:15 PM by stamasd »

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
« Reply #219 on: March 19, 2014, 03:29:06 AM »
As with Prince of Space's post of November 3rd I am up to year 2073 in my game , have found 1 friendly NPR with whom I am trading and several systems with precursors in them. I pressed the 5 day turn button and received a swathe of pop-up error messages. Unfortunately I did not take a note of them so I reloaded a save game from 2 months previously and replayed.

At approximately the same point in time I again received pop-up errors as follows :-

1 Error in DesignLaser
   Error 3021
   No current record

2 Error in TurretDesign
   Error 3021
   No current record

3 Error in CreateTurret
   Error 3315
   Field "ShipDesignComponentsName" cannot be a zero string length

4 Error in CreateTurret
   Error 3021
   You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table "TechSystem"

5 Error in AutomatedDesign
   Error 11
   Division by zero

I had to use CTL + ALT + DEL to remove the pop-ups and the final message was

Error in UpdateGameLog
   Error 3420
   Object invalid or no longer set.

I do not know yet how the above will affect my game or the NPR concerned if I can continue past the errors.

DavidR

ps  I ran the game and the next turn I received the same errors including :-

Error in AutomatedDesign
     Error 3201
     You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table "TechSystem"

Do not yet know if this means the end of my dream of galactic supremacy.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 03:50:55 AM by davidr »

Offline Annuminas

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #220 on: March 20, 2014, 07:41:45 PM »
I started a topic in the newbie area.  Basically, my menus wont expand in the production menu.  I cannot access any of the trees for colonies in other systems which are compacted with a "+" next to them.  hitting the plus does nothing.  Also, the menus will occasionally disappear into a block of grey.  I am running Windows 8 and I just learned this was a bug.  Is there any way around it? I cannot play the game.  :/

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #221 on: March 23, 2014, 10:22:12 AM »
Finally tracked down an annoying bug that will sometimes result in one or more energy weapons not firing in final defensive mode. Fixed for v6.40

Steve

Offline Starmantle

• Lieutenant
« Reply #222 on: March 23, 2014, 04:50:32 PM »
Woot.

Go Steve!

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
« Reply #223 on: March 26, 2014, 05:21:10 AM »
Error in Shipyard Attack - Error 5

A survey ship of mine was just traversing a star with a known neutral ( so far ) NPR world when suddenly a battle commenced between the known and and an unknown NPR. There were many wrecks and lifepods appearing in the area and I am now being spammed by The message
 Error in Shipyard Attack
 Error 5
 Invalid procedure call or argument 

DavidR

Offline Thyrann

• Leading Rate
  • T
« Reply #224 on: March 26, 2014, 10:34:05 AM »
Hi Steve.

I have found few bugs.

1) Components found in ruins could be splitted to 0. x numbers (third of jump engine transported??? ok could be), but i have found T4 jump engine WAY too big (25000t freighter loaded only 0. 1 of the jump engine for 99kt capacity jump engine). 
2) Ruins components with . x number could be dismantled endlessly (free tech), selling negative numbers will cost you but still could not be possible at all.  This was mentioned before, just want to know.  Should be easy fix.
3) Accidentally changed design of Shippng line freighter to PDC - resulted in ton of mistakes that made game unplayable (either shut down shipping lines or about 2minutes of pressed escape every 5sec increment).  I know this more of a mistake between chair and keyboard, but still. . .

Nevertheless Aurora is a great game i love playing.  Keep up the awesome work.  I'd love to see newtonian version some day.