Author Topic: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 95484 times)

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
Re: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2014, 08:52:34 AM »
When you accidentally scrap a ship that has some sort of team loaded, the team node becomes eternal. You still see the team name in the crew assignment window and can even assign people to it (which are then located... nowhere o_O), but since you cannot delete or disperse teams that are not located on a planet, this name will stay there forever. It doesn't matter if the teams are empty or not when the ship is scrapped, their location just vanishes. Of course, if they are not on a system body or ship, they also cannot be loaded into a new one.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2014, 01:15:44 PM »
That scout I mentioned two posts back? It ran out of fuel just short of the hole, and began incessantly complaining about it being unable to execute orders. Which it did not have. Is the black hole movement some sort of hidden order?

AFAICT, the black hole system is frakked.

Offline PSI

• Chief Petty Officer
  • P
« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2014, 02:16:38 PM »
On the F12 screen, you can set the scout's current speed to a minimum of 1. Dunno if it'll start moving towards the black hole though.

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #123 on: May 24, 2014, 03:49:44 PM »
Steve -

I have uncovered some weird things going on with orbital habitats.  I designed and built several orbital habs with the capacity for 2 million people.  I then moved them to an otherwise uninhabitable planet where I had previously created a colony.  The economics screen showed no changes after moving them there, and showed no orbital habitat capacity.  After playing around with it for some time with no success, I turned off Aurora.  I later started Aurora again and when I checked the economics screen it showed orbital habitat capacity of 10 million.  That was half of what it should have been, but at least it was something.  I created another colony in the system and began moving the orbital habitats between the two colonies.  Sometimes they would show the correct population capacity, and others the colonies would not.  I was not able to detect a pattern. 

Kurt

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
Maximum Range for missiles tested
« Reply #124 on: May 24, 2014, 03:56:55 PM »
It appears that there is a new maximum range for missiles limit in 6.4-6.42 due to the new intercept course calculations. I just had this situation:

After firing those torpedoes, I would get many many error messages that pointed out a overflow problem with missile intercept calculation.(missed the opportunity for screenshot here) The number of error windows depended on how big the progression interval was. 5 seconds were like a couple dozen; 30 seconds never seemed to end (thought it hanged up for quite a while). If I had to guess I would say it popped seconds*missileCount error windows, so 40 first, then 240 later - or something not directly depended on seconds, but still indirectly to time and minimum calculation interval. I guess this because after forwarding for an hour, it was still not more than the 30 seconds.
Now the missiles have passed a certain point though, and I can progress without error windows again. Thus there must be a maximum distance before bug out, and I will be damned: it seems, again, to be the 2.147 billion... . In suspicion of that, I checked the distance to the target when the errors came up, and it was something like 2.2b. Since I tested the torpedoes at closer range successfully already, I had enough hope to push through another couple hundred error windows in an hour calculation so that maybe, after this line, the problem would vanish. And it did.

...This 2^31 is my first numerical enemy by now. Seems like I will be hating it on a couple of other occasions in Aurora future.

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #125 on: May 26, 2014, 05:36:36 AM »
Entering in a system I encountered 4 ships of an alien race. I started fight with them, immobilizing two of them on the space (I suppose their engines were destroyed coz their thermal contact was reduced), and I back in my system to reload my magazines and bring a ground unit to assoult and capture these ships. When I returned in the alien system, the ships appeared like new, at full speed.. :/

Offline Gwyn ap Nud

• Leading Rate
  • G
« Reply #126 on: May 26, 2014, 07:22:57 AM »
Wouldn't a repair module explain that?

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #127 on: May 26, 2014, 07:42:00 AM »
I don't think so, because I have again immobilized one of them and after captured it. This alien ship has actually 18/143 MSP, so it means that she had used them to repair something (engines?), but considering that she is capable of 12 fusion engines (each of them 125 MSP cost), she has been able to repair only 1 of these engines, unless she gets MSP for free on the space ;)

Offline NihilRex

• Lieutenant
  • N
« Reply #128 on: May 26, 2014, 06:06:41 PM »
Pretty sure spoilers and nprs and civs dont track fuel or msp use, effectively, yes, getting them for free.

Offline Wolfius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • W
« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2014, 03:34:23 PM »
Non-Sol start game created in 6.42 and only a few years in:

"Factory Restored |   0012th Construction Brigade has recovered 40x  on New Vulpanis"

40x.... nothings? I seem to have an alien artifact smuggling ring on my hands...

That scout I mentioned two posts back? It ran out of fuel just short of the hole, and began incessantly complaining about it being unable to execute orders. Which it did not have. Is the black hole movement some sort of hidden order?

AFAICT, the black hole system is frakked.

Try using the Abandon Ship button in the Damage Control tab of the Ships window as a work-around? Since the ship is dead anyway...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:07:18 PM by Wolfius »

Offline SteelChicken

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #130 on: May 29, 2014, 05:05:59 PM »
Less than 3 years into a game with a 10 year truce, an NPR starting the same system attacked me.

Reset the game to an earlier backup...they did it again, this time they immediately attacked a colony ship as soon as it was built.  It was marked hostile, even though our relations were 300+

« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 07:30:13 PM by SteelChicken »

Offline Wolfius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • W
« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2014, 12:30:14 AM »
Just recovered "6x 0cm C4 Ultraviolet Laser" from alien ruins. Those are some tiny lasers!

0cm C4 Ultraviolet Laser (1)    Range 0km     TS: 5000 km/s     Power 0-4     RM 4    ROF 0        0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Ruins were placed using SM mode, if it matters, and Tech Level 4.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2014, 10:03:49 PM »
@Wolfius: That looks like a bug at first, but really isn't one. You stumbled across a laser that uses "advanced laser" beam technology, which can only be found in ruins. It is really weak on early tech grades (thus even the 0 damage), but progresses exponentially and later far surpasses any other weapons max. damage potential. If you are lucky you will find enough of those components that you can learn the tech from disassembling them, after which you can research the rest normally by yourself.

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2014, 01:21:06 PM »
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but are NPRs and spoilers supposed to build FACs with only three missile launchers? Ones that use 25% size reduction? I would have thought that on FACs you would mount only box launchers, especially when you have only four or eight of those craft.

Edit: also it seems that if a vessel has too many weapons (like, say, a thousand box launchers) the "weapons and fire control assignment summary" won't properly display them all. In this case if my memory serves only eight hundred seventy some launchers were displayed.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 03:15:54 PM by Haji »

Offline SteelChicken

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #134 on: May 31, 2014, 05:36:20 PM »
Issue with MRV missiles and bizarre resource use.  120 size 12 missiles requiring 90,000+ units of uridium.  Nothing else being constructed, no ships yet built to even consume maintenance.
Missile design screen shows normal resources per unit.

1st stage bus:
Materials Required:    4x Tritanium   0.432x Boronide   0.72x Uridium   4.2592x Gallicite   Fuel x3500

4x second stage:
Materials Required:    1x Tritanium   0.108x Boronide   0.18x Uridium   0.7648x Gallicite   Fuel x250