Author Topic: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 95577 times)

Offline Whitecold

• Commander
  • W
Re: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #195 on: July 10, 2014, 04:49:19 PM »
I get an
"error 5 Invalid procedure call or argument" each time I change anything on the Galactic map. I can produce the error after I delete a system that has been connected to another by a jump point, even though I reconnected the system to another one.

Offline Jaque_Thay

• Petty Officer
  • J
« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2014, 07:20:34 PM »
I think this might be an Easter egg rather than a bug but when looking at my leaders a few minutes ago I noticed one of them had the sex identifier of "Yes!!" instead of M/F.  It disappeared when I clicked on a different officer and I can't seem to reproduce it.

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #197 on: July 10, 2014, 07:22:11 PM »
Possible Minor Unrest Bug (6.4.3 unmodified)

I have a cost 2.0 colony in the home system with pop of 16.75m, but only 2309 infrastructure (supports 11.55m).

Each increment I get an unrest message saying unrest is increasing due to overcrowding by a small (sub 1%) value.  So far,  so good.

A little later in the event log there is a message saying that ground forces have reduced the unrest to zero.

Unfortunately there are no ground forces in the colony, all there is is a Geo Survey team which is inactive as the orbital survey has not been done yet (I'm still building the survey ship). None of the team members have any ground forces attributes,  and there are no facilities other than the infrastructure. There is a substantial fleet presence in the system (requested PPV is 12 vs actual PPV of 1417), and of course ground forces on the homeworld.  I am gradually increasing the infrastructure but not yet fast enough to support all of the population.

The reduced unrest message comes immediately before the orbital survey message.

Is this reduction due to the fact that the colony is in the Capital system or is there something else at work here?

I had expected the unrest to gradually rise until the deposited infrastructure supports the whole population, and to fall thereafter.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 07:28:33 PM by ZimRathbone »
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #198 on: July 10, 2014, 07:25:29 PM »
I think this might be an Easter egg rather than a bug but when looking at my leaders a few minutes ago I noticed one of them had the sex identifier of "Yes!!" instead of M/F.  It disappeared when I clicked on a different officer and I can't seem to reproduce it.

Aye,

there are a few of these in the program (occasionally Moons are made of Green Cheese too)

Rigellian Humour  :-)
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #199 on: July 12, 2014, 03:48:05 AM »
I have run into a bug where the required rank for a Task Force Commander would always be one larger than I have in total. Currently it asks for R8 when I have seven, and when I add a new one, it changes to R9. Especially curious is that it had worked for long time before, and only now after the death of the 4-5th commander or so, it suddenly became impossible. Cannot see any special catalyst though - the game has been pretty uneventful for the 75 years.

Aye,

there are a few of these in the program (occasionally Moons are made of Green Cheese too)

Rigellian Humour  :-)
Awesome. :) I have to watch out for this from now on.

///Edit: Nevermind, I figured out the reason for the error. The by hand promoted officer was still assigned to serve as Survey Staff manager, and apparently that led the formula to be calculated wrongly. After I unassigned her and updated the window, the position of Staff Commander was displayed right as R6 again.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 03:56:08 AM by Vandermeer »
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline Kytuzian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • K
« Reply #200 on: July 13, 2014, 09:23:54 PM »
So my planet is being bombarded by a bunch of missiles, but when I advanced time forwards 5 seconds, it gives me a whole lot of Error 6: Overflow errors. I tried holding down the Enter key for a while, but there was no end in sight?

Any ideas? I'm considering just destroying the missiles with Spacemaster at this point.

Offline se5a

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #201 on: July 14, 2014, 02:28:52 AM »
I had some missiles that were doing this.
how fast are the missiles? do they have submunitions?

Offline Kytuzian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • K
« Reply #202 on: July 14, 2014, 06:53:23 AM »
They were going at ~77000 km/s, which I suspect might be the problem. I have no idea what to do to fix it.

No sub-munitions.

EDIT:

The problem has been kind of fixed. I had to hold down enter for several minutes on end.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 01:30:14 PM by Kytuzian »

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #203 on: July 14, 2014, 02:47:59 PM »
Not sure if this has been reported yet but if you do a conventional start with missile bases, they do not have any life support and for some reason, even though they are on Earth, the game complains about it and kills the crew. Nasty.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 03:01:32 PM by Garfunkel »

Offline Ynglaur

• Petty Officer
« Reply #204 on: July 17, 2014, 03:28:53 PM »
Starting a new game, if I go to the Officer Corps window and select Ground Forces Officers, the following error may appear.   I have not been able to duplicate it consistently.

Error 9 was generated by Aurora
Subscript out of range

Followed quickly by

Error 30009 was generated by MSFlexGrid
Invalid Row Value

This error did not result in repeating error messages or a hard crash.

Offline Ynglaur

• Petty Officer
« Reply #205 on: July 17, 2014, 04:22:13 PM »
Running 30-day increments at the start of a new game, I'm randomly getting the following error:

Error 76 was generated by Aurora
Path not found

Clicking OK generates this error:

Error 424 was generated by Aurora
Object required

Clicking OK several dozen times does nothing.   I have to kill the Aurora process and restart.
Note that I have Aurora installed to C:\Games\Aurora instead of the default installation directory.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #206 on: July 17, 2014, 04:35:08 PM »
Running 30-day increments at the start of a new game, I'm randomly getting the following error:

Clicking OK generates this error:

Clicking OK several dozen times does nothing.   I have to kill the Aurora process and restart.
Note that I have Aurora installed to C:\Games\Aurora instead of the default installation directory.

On the first one, a couple things come to mind. Do you have a C:\Logs directory that is globally writable? Did you install all of the sub-zips for medals and planets?

Offline Ynglaur

• Petty Officer
« Reply #207 on: July 17, 2014, 05:32:02 PM »
Quote from: Erik Luken link=topic=7012.     msg74740#msg74740 date=1405632908
On the first one, a couple things come to mind.      Do you have a C:\Logs directory that is globally writable? Did you install all of the sub-zips for medals and planets?

I went to C:\Logs, which is a symlink to C:\Games\Aurora\Logs.    The latter does not exist, either with the game running or not running.     
I only installed Aurora_6dot4dot3dotexe, which installs the wrapper.    Apologies if this is a RTFM issue.     

Edit: Manually adding C:/Games/Aurora/Logs seems to have resolved this issue.   At least, I haven't seen it again.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:26:58 AM by Ynglaur »

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #208 on: July 19, 2014, 07:09:29 AM »
Error in UpdateGameLog

Error 3035 was generated by DAO.Database.
System resource exceeded.

This came after the game had been stuck on 5-sec intervals for over 4 in-game hours. I kept Enter pressed for a loooong time, and the error changed to this:

Error in UpdateGameLog

Error 3003 was generated by DAO.Database.
Could not start transaction; too many transactions already nested.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 07:11:54 AM by Garfunkel »

Offline Libelnon

• Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #209 on: July 21, 2014, 09:03:56 PM »
Having gotten back into Aurora after a long break, I had an interesting little run-in with truce periods.

Three nations starting out on Earth, and we got along fine, up until my civilian sector decided to build themselves some freighters. The largest of the NPR factions opened fire on the freighters and promptly destroyed them (they had a lot of beam PDCs on planet) and took that as an act of war, and swiftly bombed the crap out of Earth. I had no warships, or any PDCs of my own (was expecting some time for those via truce) and so quickly got myself mulched.

I don't know if that's 'working as intended' but I certainly don't think that civilians should be responsible for declarations of war, no?