Author Topic: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 95471 times)

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
Re: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #240 on: August 11, 2014, 07:16:05 PM »
I looked at the file and must say I don't see anything wrong. The technology cannot be designed, that is true, but that is not surprising as I still find it in the list of researchable topics:

I searched through the message log with lots of filters and as far as I could, but could not find any 'technology finished' entry..(filters don't seem to extend the list further though) My guess was that you confused the magnetic confinement reactor technology with that of the engine, as you have indeed this reactor tech in your 'finished techs' list:

If the reactor tech would have laid back just a year or so, then no way would it have been possible to research the consequential engine so fast; but I could not find any definitive evidence of this kind.

Concerning the harvester updates, I also still puzzle to when those numbers refresh. I have however found that usually a design update with SM mode (doing nothing but maybe adding a tiny engineering in trade for a bit fuel or so..), and then restart would force it to use new numbers. Then of course every ship has to be selected afterwards in the ship window to be sure that they use new values. ...But it also happens randomly sometimes. No idea why. Untested ad-hoc theory: it updates as soon as a new ship of the class is built/ordered?
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline necropolis

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • n
« Reply #241 on: August 11, 2014, 08:28:03 PM »
Yes, that seems to have been it.   Thank you for the help.   Sorry to have jumped the gun, I thought it was a repeat of the harvester issue, and a tech that just didn't update in the lists properly.

Offline Thorgarth

• Chief Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #242 on: August 16, 2014, 07:58:52 AM »
Multiple ships stuck in overhaul.  Abandon overhaul is not available.  It has happened over time.  Currently, BTG Never Ending Overhaul includes the following ships:
 FF ClanFrigate 022
DD Foehunter 005
TK Fuel Mule 005
FF Intruder 005

Most were originally part of BTG Dwarfhunter.  FF ClanFrigate 022 is the lone exception.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #243 on: August 17, 2014, 07:49:56 AM »
Multiple ships stuck in overhaul.  Abandon overhaul is not available.  It has happened over time.  Currently, BTG Never Ending Overhaul includes the following ships:
 FF ClanFrigate 022
DD Foehunter 005
TK Fuel Mule 005
FF Intruder 005

Most were originally part of BTG Dwarfhunter.  FF ClanFrigate 022 is the lone exception.

Not sure if it still works this way (I think it does), but when you abandon an overhaul, it takes a while to "put the ship back together" (i.e. it's not immediately available).  From the way you phrased "Currently, ...", it sounds like you might have been moving new ships into the overhaul TG before the old ships had gotten out.  Could this be the effect you're seeing?

John

Offline Thorgarth

• Chief Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #244 on: August 20, 2014, 09:30:07 PM »
Not sure if it still works this way (I think it does), but when you abandon an overhaul, it takes a while to "put the ship back together" (i.e. it's not immediately available).  From the way you phrased "Currently, ...", it sounds like you might have been moving new ships into the overhaul TG before the old ships had gotten out.  Could this be the effect you're seeing?

John

That may be it.  The entire Dwarfhunter tribes has enjoyed 30 months of liberty.  I'll give it another year.  Then scrap the fleet and strike the Dwarfhunters from the rolls.

Offline letsdance

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • l
« Reply #245 on: August 20, 2014, 10:13:56 PM »
game is in 30th year, v6.     43.      windows 7.     

suddenly the "Event Updates" window doesn't open anymore.      it stays minimized in the task bar.      i tried opening it from SpaceMaster tab or using the button in the SystemMap window.      in either case it appears in the task bar minimized, but it does not open.      everything else seems to work and (if the box is checked) can see the current events in the System Map.      i tried "reset window positions" and "refesh all" from miscellaneous.       i tried restarting the game.      i tried rebooting my system.      i tried replacing the Aurora.     exe (with the one in the 6.     43 update).      nothing helped.      replacing the Stevefire.     mdb with a backup did solve the problem.      after that i replaced it again with the Stevefire.     mdb that did not work before, and now also this one works again.      this sounds quite weird, but it's exactly what happened.      i spent some time trying all that, i'm sure the description is correct.     

technically not a bug, but crashed the game: i had "refuel from colony" and "resupply from colony" (just these 2) saved as order template.      when i loaded this template the game froze after turn advancing.      after restarting, that task group had so many entries with refuel/resupply in its history that it took half a minute to select it (disbanding the TG solved this) and the "cycle" box was checked.      i don't know how the cycle box became checked, it probably was checked when i USEd the order template.      maybe this should uncheck the cycle box.     

abadoning a colony while there is a geology team on it produces a neverending series of errors, forcing me to close the game using the task manager.      (reproducable) after restarting the game, the colony is still there, but the geology team is on my capital.   

i had a TG that would say "cannot execute move order because there are shipyard activities associated with this fleet" (or something like that).      there were none of course, that i'd know of.      it could start fleet training, but after fleet training i still couldn't move it.      after moving all ships to a new TG, the new TG worked.      but when i tried to delete the old (empty) TG i got the same error message.      a few years later i tried again, and this time i could delete the empty TG.     

conditional orders "when full fuel tanks" "unload 90 % of fuel at colony" and "unload fuel at colony and move to gas giant" did not work.   i tried them right after the harvesters had been created.   in the events log it said, that the orders had been given because the condition was met.   but the next line said "TG has completed its orders".   looking at the TG it still had full fuel and no move orders.   (i tried several times and this always happened)

confirming this reported bug:
When i try to drop off a sensor bouy at a jump point using either the ships window Msl Launch or the task group window Msl Launch buttons the game tells me the fleet is suffering from effects of transit when they did not come trough the jump point or even have jump engines.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 10:22:39 PM by letsdance »

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
« Reply #246 on: August 21, 2014, 06:22:19 AM »
That may be it.  The entire Dwarfhunter tribes has enjoyed 30 months of liberty.  I'll give it another year.  Then scrap the fleet and strike the Dwarfhunters from the rolls.

IIRC (and I might not - it's vague) it should take about a month to abort an overhaul.

John

Offline Foolcow

• F
« Reply #247 on: August 22, 2014, 10:07:10 PM »
The task group order "Resupply from own supply ships" is bugged; it results in the supply ships' stock of maintenance supplies being topped off, as well as the other ships in the task group.

To reproduce:  Have a task group containing one supply ship and four non supply ships.  (Make sure the ships have an extremely low maintenance life, so that things break and the supply points will diminish.)  Move the task group to a jump point.  Add an action to the task group's orders by clicking on that jump point under "system locations available."  Under actions available, click "resupply from own supply ships."  After the next update, all ships' maintenance supplies will be at the maximum, including the supply ships.

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #248 on: August 23, 2014, 02:54:46 AM »
With v6.43 :-

I received the following error message 8 times after
2 NPR fleets had an encounter in a sector.

Error in AddShipHistory
Error 3201 was generated by DAO.recordset. You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table "ship"

Non of my vessels were involved.

Davidr

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #249 on: August 23, 2014, 03:01:24 PM »
Weak point in docking with tractoring ships: When a ship has another in tow, and you issue this ship to dock on a carrier, the towed ships disappear from existence. They are not destroyed, not misplaced in some other task group, nor in some limbus TF-less state. They actually get deleted from the ship list instantly once the tractoring ship docks.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #250 on: August 24, 2014, 03:27:23 AM »
This has also been posted as a suggestion in case is is not a bug as such:-

If a player rescues survivors from a lifepod of a FRIENDLY NPR race then they should NOT be treated as POW's by the game system and interrogated.

Instead they should be able to be ferried by the friendly race to the survivor's Homeworld or a nearby colony thereby earning diplomatic points for the humanitarian gesture.

DavidR 

Offline Langer

• Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #251 on: August 26, 2014, 03:07:17 PM »
There is a NPR battle going on, and I keep getting Error in Round pop-ups - Error 6 was generated by Aurora, Overflow. 

From looking at the SM text file, I can't tell what is causing the error.

The game continues on though after clicking OK a few times.

Offline Strand

• Able Ordinary Rate
« Reply #252 on: August 26, 2014, 10:31:51 PM »
v6. 43
Designing a new fire control for my ship, I noticed something odd after researching it and attempting to place it on my ship.

NameSizeCostStrengthMax RangeResolutionFire Control
Failed0. 5100. 105150,000 km40Yes
Redesign0. 51010. 521,900,000 km40Yes

Both components were designed with the same stats, and yet obviously have wildly different detection strength.   In fact, I could not find a way to achieve those numbers in the game given the size and resolution of the system.   Using 'Active Sensor Strength' 21 and 'EM Sensor Strength' 11.

Offline letsdance

• l
« Reply #253 on: August 28, 2014, 11:26:07 AM »
i canceled the assembly of a prefabricated PDC and it vanished. the components are not in stockpile, i cannot give a new assemble PDC order. i had some strange construction order just labeled "item" but the construction cost did not match a PDC or its assembly. i canceled this construction, tried restarting the game a few times. still can't find my PDC.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 08:19:54 PM by letsdance »

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #254 on: August 28, 2014, 08:15:19 PM »
i canceled the assembly of a prefabricated PDC and it vanished. the components are not in stockpile, i cannot give a new assemble PDC order. i had some strange construction order just labeled "item" but the construction cost did not match a PDC or its assembly. i canceled this construction, tried restarting the game a few times. still can't find my PDC.

Once you start assembly (or for that matter, construction in a shipyard) any components are consumed. You don't get to reuse once you break the vacuum seal. The PDC (or any other unit) does not appear until you successfully complete construction.
Slàinte,

Mike