Author Topic: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 95599 times)

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
Re: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #330 on: January 08, 2015, 05:43:32 PM »
v 6.43
I seem to be having an issue and hope it is something I have overlooked. I took a fleet into a newly discovered system to deal with some enemy vessels there, after the battle I found I could not transit back through the jump point to head home for tea and medals. The command ship which also has the jump drive was undamaged expect for some armour pot holes, in addition all other ships had completed damage control so the only damage the fleet was suffering was to armour. Eventually I used SM to teleport the fleet back to Earth and used shipyards to conduct repairs, Once completed and the fleet had refueled and restocked I tried to send them on a patrol. However I still cannot jump, jump gates work fine and I can pass through them as expected. But any standard jump point always returns the message that the fleet cannot jump as they are suffering the effects of a recent transit.

I am aware that jump drives need time to cool down before they can be used again, however the total time elapsed between first jumping into the system for battle and leaving the shipyards after repairs are now well over a year. I have other ships of the exact same design who are working as normal and can happily travel across systems jumping at points with no errors.

Offline Ixeziel

• Leading Rate
  • I
« Reply #331 on: January 10, 2015, 09:55:46 AM »
Discovered a bug when creating new empires in SM mode, if you don't click cancel and instead close the create empire screen by clicking on the cross in the corner, the game will generate an NPR empire as well as closing the screen.

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #332 on: January 13, 2015, 02:49:44 PM »
I had something like 4 civilian ships delivered during my last build cycle, and it appears to have crashed the whole civilian shipping system.  The freight fleets no longer show their names on the system map, although the icon is still there, and the shipping lines screen shows them just sitting there doing nothing.
All 4 ships were cargo ships, and I previously had one cargo and one colony ship in operation, and they were working fine.  Also, this is one of my big games, so there might be an issue with total ship numbers.
I did a bit more poking, and they're not responding to contracts, and when I went into designer mode, they didn't take orders there, either.
Edit:
For a while, it looked like they weren't responding, but they're back, and trade has resumed as normal.  They fulfilled the contracts, and are now carrying trade goods.  The names on the icons are still not showing up, although it's possible that there's a switch somewhere I accidentally turned off.  This might be a false alarm.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 04:30:58 PM by byron »
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #333 on: January 13, 2015, 07:19:58 PM »
Under "contacts", there is a "Hide Civilian Ship Names" button, make sure that isn't activated.

Offline Prophoem

• Leading Rate
  • P
« Reply #334 on: January 16, 2015, 10:07:00 AM »
version 6. 43

I think this has been reported before but i get error 713 whenever i click on System Information.  I installed the DLL and the files in the installation folders but it still aint working.

Offline Thanatos

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
« Reply #335 on: January 17, 2015, 11:29:13 PM »
I am not sure if this is a bug or not, or even if the steps are recreatable; However, I am pretty sure that if anyone else noticed this happening, the steps are recreatable.   

My bug however was related to shipping lines, and Freighters spazzing out and refusing to do any work (Colony ships were unaffected)

I had a multi-Sol start; One NPR on Jupiter, and myself on Earth.    Truce Clock was set to 10 years.    Since I messed up and started with the normal population number at 150% difficulty- I wanted to expand my economy; So I placed colonies on Luna and Mars, set my demand and supply, built a colony and cargo ship, used my meager money to subsidize the shipping line.   

Up until this point me and the Jovs were buddy buddy, it was still the first year.    My diplomatic teams raise the relations to Allow Trade levels; and I enable this, and as soon as the commercial shipping line launches it's first ship, Jov goes crazy and blows it up.   

About 3 months later after I absolutely destroy the Jovs, I notice my shipping line Freighters aren't doing anything.    I noticed them trying to go towards their planet as if to trade with the Jupiter dudes, but they stop halfway and don't do anything.    They do however run from Jupiter ships.    I tried clearing orders, nothing.    I went into SM mode and raised our relations to friendly levels-- still nothing.   

I am convinced the Shipping Lines broke the truce-- and that is fine by me; But it broke the Freighters as well it seems-- and I made sure that I had enough supply contracts and demands. 

v6.  43
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 12:31:59 AM by Thanatos »

Offline Malicus

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • M
« Reply #336 on: January 21, 2015, 06:50:42 AM »
Using a random company name, a name was generated ("Parry Space & Security 320 EP Commercial Magneto-plasma Drive") that was too long for the field that stores the name of a component, though I didn't realize this at the time.  Whenever I opened the class design window, I first saw "Error in DisplayTechCategory" "Error 94 was generated by Aurora" "Invalid use of Null" before the window opened.  When I found the offending engine in the technology report, its name was blank.  Attempting to rename it to the above name gave an error about the field being too small, so I tried a shorter name and the errors stopped.

Offline Obi von Knobi

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • O
« Reply #337 on: January 22, 2015, 11:54:25 AM »
I don't know if this is a bug, but an NPR i created spawned 26 ships in less than a month after its genesis.

In the middle of my game, I wanted to practice war.  So I used SM and F9 to create a new species on Titan, I gave them default settings (as far as I remember) with Insane Dictator government.  After three days, they had already made a ship, bee-lining its way to my capital and turning on its active sensor.  Less than a month later and they have 26 ships of 13 different classes! Is there a natural explanation or does it stem from a bug?

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #338 on: January 22, 2015, 12:04:36 PM »
I don't know if this is a bug, but an NPR i created spawned 26 ships in less than a month after its genesis.

In the middle of my game, I wanted to practice war.  So I used SM and F9 to create a new species on Titan, I gave them default settings (as far as I remember) with Insane Dictator government.  After three days, they had already made a ship, bee-lining its way to my capital and turning on its active sensor.  Less than a month later and they have 26 ships of 13 different classes! Is there a natural explanation or does it stem from a bug?
Not a bug. They just probably have small ships with a shipyard(s) with a lot of slipways. And if the auto-assign tech chooses ship build rate and they have cheap parts (low tech), its possible.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #339 on: January 22, 2015, 12:13:04 PM »
NPRs always spawn with a fleet of ships.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #340 on: January 22, 2015, 04:22:11 PM »
Fixed a bug that was causing NPR FACs to launch multiple small salvos instead of one large one. Also fixed a 5-second bug caused by reloading NPR FACs

Offline Kytuzian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • K
« Reply #341 on: January 25, 2015, 05:23:22 PM »
Just recently in a rather long game so far, I have been getting this error whenever I pass time:

Any ideas?

EDIT:
It seems to have been related to a fleet attacking one of my ships, because it ended shortly after my ship was destroyed. I would still be curious to hear if anyone has any ideas about what caused it so I can stop it in the future.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 06:29:21 PM by Kytuzian »

Offline Cfant

• Leading Rate
  • C
« Reply #342 on: January 27, 2015, 07:20:10 AM »
6.43:

Every December, the game crashes with Error 76. Pressing OK, Error 424 is given. If I end the game and start new, it works again. So I have a regulary Christmas-Crash, you could say. Any ideas?

Edit: It's not always December. You can say every now and then, one time a year. :(
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 07:31:30 AM by Cfant »

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #343 on: January 27, 2015, 08:20:06 AM »
6.43:

Every December, the game crashes with Error 76. Pressing OK, Error 424 is given. If I end the game and start new, it works again. So I have a regulary Christmas-Crash, you could say. Any ideas?

Edit: It's not always December. You can say every now and then, one time a year. :(
Hmmmmmm, never crashed for me in December. And didn't 6.43 just come out Summer 2014? So how could you have a crash every year with a version not even out for more than a year? Or were you saying Aurora as a whole keeps crashing every year no matter the version? Can I ask any more questions in a row? Is it too much?
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Cfant

• Leading Rate
  • C
« Reply #344 on: January 27, 2015, 08:31:21 AM »
 ;) Well, I mean it crashes every INGAME-year