Author Topic: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 95459 times)

Offline SteelChicken

• Lt. Commander
Re: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #450 on: July 06, 2015, 04:43:08 PM »
Sounds like a couple of NPR's fighting somewhere.

In my current game, 26 years in I usually see the following a few times every time increment

Error in ObserveJumpPoint
Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow
Please report etc

Ian

Certain NPR ships with very powerful sensors cause this...my current game is plagued with this problem.

I found some ships with the following sensors:
Active Search Sensor MR1737-R97
Active Search Sensor MR2481-R97

When I deleted them the errors stopped.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #451 on: July 06, 2015, 10:47:26 PM »
Active Search Sensor MR2481-R97
Yep, that's a 32 bit 2.14 billion overflow right there.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #452 on: July 08, 2015, 01:33:01 PM »
Either I understand the meaning wrong, or the "move to mineral source" default order isn't working correctly.
I thought I could maybe prepare a rich but clustered asteroid system, by simply marking all the findings with colonies, and then later send in a miner fleet who would just automatically jump to the next target once one becomes depleted. Eventually, all I would have to do is send a freighting fleet in the end to collect from every spot all the results, and then delete the colonies.
However, all that happens is that the miner fleet gets a literal "move to mineral source at X" command (which is not in the list of selectable commands), which flies them to some random colony.(not the nearest; but maybe there is some gain evaluating algorithm) The fleet never arrives though, and eternally chases the object, as the "move to mineral source" command never clears.
I checked the colony window too of course, and yes, the mining capacity does indeed not arrive there.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline GreatTuna

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #453 on: July 08, 2015, 10:49:46 PM »
I would like to notice that "Move to Sorium Site" default order works similarly, except for the fact that it works correctly.

This order doesn't get deleted because it's default order, it is issued when there's no other orders.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #454 on: July 09, 2015, 04:10:49 AM »
Right, I remember that working with the Sorium automation. If both these orders use the same coding resources, then I guess the fuel harvesting works because the ships don't need to be assigned to a colony to work. ..Maybe orbital mining was originally intended to work in a similar way.

Offline GreatTuna

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #455 on: July 09, 2015, 01:33:30 PM »
Okay, so there's few bugs which I continuously forget to tell about.

The first one is: AI goes wild on mines.
Say, there's that one mine floating up in space. An Invader fleet! comes out and... launches entire missile stockpile on a single mine. I doubt that's the intended reaction on a single mine.

And second, or how did I watched NPRs before I got a designer password.
So, there was that one NPR-NPR battle going on. I was looking at logs, but alas, even with SM Mode I couldn't see anything. Until I switched Event log to combat messages. Then it showed me the combat logs of ALL empires, even those that I'm not supposed to see.
But wait, there's more!
If I click on one of this messages, you'll be shown the system where it happened, from the empires view! Options are very limited, you can only watch systems, but I guess it's still not working as intended.

Offline Coto

• Leading Rate
  • C
« Reply #456 on: July 15, 2015, 12:33:58 PM »
I keep getting this error message:

"Error in OrbitalMovement, Error 11 was generated by Aurora". 

I found some pretty old posts about it, but it seems it can still happen.   From what I read it's related to a system body having an orbital distance of 0. 

I've only discovered 4 systems so far, and I've checked them all, so I guess it's the npr who found something.   Is it possible to "delete" a planet/object once I find it?

Edit: Turning of orbital motion fixes it, so I'll keep playing and try to find the body causing the problem.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 12:40:30 PM by Coto »

Offline SteelChicken

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #457 on: July 15, 2015, 01:16:29 PM »
I
Edit: Turning of orbital motion fixes it, so I'll keep playing and try to find the body causing the problem.

I just do this for every game out of habit.

Offline canshow

• Petty Officer
  • c
« Reply #458 on: August 15, 2015, 06:39:11 PM »
hxxp: puu.   sh/jCZxk/6de8c5102f.   png

Trying to add the nameless powerplants gives me this error.    Going into the design screen also gives me this error.    I can still add them to the design.    Modifying design in anyway gives me this error while the powerplants are a part of the design.
I don't know why they turned out to be nameless though.   
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 06:42:31 PM by canshow »

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #459 on: August 15, 2015, 08:23:39 PM »
Fixed link: http://puu.sh/jCZxk/6de8c5102f.png

You can rename components in the technology window (that I-pod symbol in the bar). Do you still see the powerplant there?

Offline canshow

• Petty Officer
  • c
« Reply #460 on: August 16, 2015, 08:07:02 AM »
Quote from: Vandermeer link=topic=7012. msg80190#msg80190 date=1439688219
Fixed link: hxxp: puu. sh/jCZxk/6de8c5102f. png

You can rename components in the technology window (that I-pod symbol in the bar).  Do you still see the powerplant there?
Ah thank you.

This probably happened by not creating a name for the research project? Maybe they should be auto-named by default to prevent this sort of thing from happening?

Offline Ostwindflak

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • O
« Reply #461 on: August 16, 2015, 09:56:02 AM »
Hi,

I am using the latest version of the game and have had 2 games in a row just "stop".  It always happens around 40-50 years into them.  I mostly use 30 day pulses.  Eventually when I get into that 40-50 year game time window the game starts making all of my pulses in 5 second increments.

Even though I keep hitting the 30 day pulse button, it is always 5 second increments until the game locks up and says "Not Responding" at the top.  This has corrupted the game twice and I have had to start over. 

Should I not be using 30 day pulses and maybe use 5 day increments?

-Jay

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #462 on: August 16, 2015, 11:33:22 AM »
generally 30 day pulses are only for conventional games where there's not much happening for the first decade or so. When things are actually going on i would use 5 day intervals at most.  Make sure you are letting the game select its own sub-pulses.

however, I would recommend going into the event log and clicking 'text file' at the bottom.  Then go to the Aurora directory and open SMEventLog.txt.  Scroll down to the bottom and see if there's anything anything suspicious like a bunch of errors or unable to locate targets. 

if it doesnt work, try turning spacemaster and trying again.

Offline Ostwindflak

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • O
« Reply #463 on: August 16, 2015, 11:57:35 AM »
Thanks for the reply TheDeadlyShoe.  I did what you said and I find no errors.  The time increments have moved in this third game from between 30-80 seconds when I select 5 day or 30 day impulses.  This is obviously up from the long string of 5 seconds I was seeing before, but still irritating. 

I always leave the sub pulses on Auto.

-Jay

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #464 on: August 16, 2015, 07:54:14 PM »
The short pulses are from NPR interaction. Not much you can do without just running auto turns until it stops. Next version will help since you will be able to disable NPR sensor updates fir unexplored systems. But ideally it sound be nice if NPR battles just got ignored all together for turn length. Make the 5 second turns happen but not stop until the player specified turn length, or a sensor update happens that's actually relevant to the player.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "