Author Topic: Official v7.00 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 44390 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Official v7.00 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #120 on: December 19, 2015, 01:43:43 PM »
Engine damage reduces max speed to 1, but does not set current speed to 1.   Bug saved my gravsurvey ship :P

EDIT: On that note, I did a conventional start and it doesn't appear I can research the tractor beam tech.  Is there a pre-req? There isn't one documented anywhere.  Thanks!

Pre-requisite is cargo handling system. That doesn't make much sense so I've changed ithe pre-requisite to TN tech.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #121 on: December 19, 2015, 02:13:52 PM »
Galactic map, planet types: Use Plantoids and small moons.
System map, body info; System generation and Display: Use Dwarf planets and chunks.

Changed Galactic Map, Body Info and System Display to all use the new body type definitions for v7.1.

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #122 on: December 19, 2015, 03:37:39 PM »
* Creating a new conventional empire game. Result in all Missile complex reporting "Complete life support Failure" after the fist 5-day cycle - reproducible.

* Fist time after creating a new game, accessing the galatic map from the system map toolbar (maybe in other ways too) throw an Error 94, Invalid use of Null.

Offline sneer

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #123 on: December 19, 2015, 05:04:44 PM »
I had weird situtation and cant really decide wjether a bug or not or something I have never seen for years in Aurora
NPR war in sol
1st enemy fleet killed on earth orbit with no loss as they break peace
2nd heading mars
my fleet relocates to  mars
enemy shoots missiles
I'm careful , work on small intervals - my PD works well no leaks , not even single missile hit
I think barrage is over and push 5 and later 20min interval
next turn I see that 7 missiles passes my fleet /pdc PD ( I hate this -on small 5 sec interval I should have PD overkill
missiles hit mars and its small population ( str 12 warheads )
and mars surrenders to enemy !!!!
with pdc , garrison and my whole fleet in orbit
whatever mechanism is used here ....

few missiles hitting mars and human defence fleet , colony goes on alien side ??!
how ?
can't understand what really happen and would really appreciate some explanaition behind this
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 05:15:05 PM by sneer »

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #124 on: December 19, 2015, 05:13:07 PM »
I can't reproduce this. I just added some fighters to a carrier then double-clicked to remove them. Worked normally.
Ah, I wasn't meaning removing them via double-clicking, but rather by selecting the fighter type in the preferred strikegroup area then hitting the delete button. Doing so deselects the fighter type but does not remove it. Double clicking does indeed remove them.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2015, 05:22:10 AM »
Mainbar: Commanders.
Population and production: Officers
Actual window: Leaders.

I've changed them all to commanders. Probably better than officers as it include administrators and scientists.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2015, 05:26:38 AM »
Using Real Stars System, disables Local system chance\spread. If I understand correctly the tooltip, it should also disable maximum Number of Systems.

Changed for v7.1

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2015, 05:46:14 AM »
I'm going to repost this one from the 6.4 thread because I don't think I saw anything related I. The change log.
A high gravity planet displayed as being low gravity on the economic window, I didn't check yet if it was colonizable with underground infrastructure.
Edit: I just checked in 7.0
 A planet with 2.1 gravity was listed as low gravity and adding 300 UI allowed 1 million colonists.

Fixed for v7.1. The 'low gravity' code was picking up all unsuitable gravity planets, not just those below the lower end of the threshold.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2015, 08:12:27 AM »
Not a bug per se but the ratio of 4:1 for Ground officer promotions has not been implemented.  The 3 factions I am playing in 7. 0 are still getting promoted on a 5:1 basis.

Not sure what happened there but fixed now.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2015, 09:14:07 AM »
* Creating a new conventional empire game. Result in all Missile complex reporting "Complete life support Failure" after the fist 5-day cycle - reproducible.

Yes, this has been around for a while. Finally fixed for v7.1.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2015, 09:22:51 AM »
Ah, I wasn't meaning removing them via double-clicking, but rather by selecting the fighter type in the preferred strikegroup area then hitting the delete button. Doing so deselects the fighter type but does not remove it. Double clicking does indeed remove them.

Apologies - I'm so used to double-clicking I forget the delete button existed :)

Fixed for v7.1

Offline canshow

• Petty Officer
  • c
« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2015, 03:29:06 PM »
Started new 7.0 game. Added custom race. Tried to auto add NPR race, but aurora froze. After 2 hours, I terminated the program. Re-opened game. Did 1 30 day turn. Got  'Error in UpdateAllSensorsAuto - error 3061 was generated by DAO.Database' followed by an infinite loop of 'Error in UpdateAllSensorsAuto - Error 91 was generated by Aurora. Object variable or With block variable not set'. This occurs in the auto detection setting.

Doing it with the 'none without player' and 'normal in all' detection settings, infinite loop of 'Error in NPRPopPlanning - Error 3021 was generated by DAO.Field. No current record'

Also, the loading times are now unbearable with 7.0. It never took 10+ minutes to generate a game before, and it seems that games with 2500% difficulty don't finish generating at all. In-game screens also take considerable more time to load.

Offline alvin853

• Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #132 on: December 20, 2015, 04:13:33 PM »
I'm having a big problem with civilian contracts, they ship more units than they're supposed to.
I was sending 10 research labs from Earth to Luna, but ended up with 10.05 on Luna and 0.05 missing on Earth for a full lab. I thought no problem, I'll just send back 0.05 labs... Well I ended up with 9.90 labs on Luna, and an extra 0.10 on Earth, which after sending 0.10 back got me to 10.15 labs on Luna and 0.15 missing on Earth... you see where this is going

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #133 on: December 20, 2015, 04:20:44 PM »
I'm having a big problem with civilian contracts, they ship more units than they're supposed to.
I was sending 10 research labs from Earth to Luna, but ended up with 10.05 on Luna and 0.05 missing on Earth for a full lab. I thought no problem, I'll just send back 0.05 labs... Well I ended up with 9.90 labs on Luna, and an extra 0.10 on Earth, which after sending 0.10 back got me to 10.15 labs on Luna and 0.15 missing on Earth... you see where this is going

I've seen this too. I think the problem is larger civilian freighters picking up more than they need to. I'll take a look.

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #134 on: December 20, 2015, 05:18:30 PM »
UI issue when clicking on Asteroids in System Map->All Bodies -> treeview. Several errors jump at you. As far as I can tell its the only node that cause problems.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 05:20:43 PM by Mor »