Author Topic: Potential Changes to Shipping Lines  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: Potential Changes to Shipping Lines
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2024, 11:22:06 AM »
Right now the only way I can think of a shipping line shrinking is through very old ships being retired while there are other ships idling (or getting their ships blown up). I know in the changelogs Steve sort of shoots down the idea of explicitly modelling operating costs, but maybe that would be a good way to have civilian shipping more closely model the economic activity of the empire. The admin overhead just reduces the growth rate as the shipping line gets bigger and doesn't really do the same thing.

Also I am once again asking for mineral transport contracts (esp being able to peg it to reserve levels).

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2024, 12:35:17 PM »
These changes are so great they broke the forums for days with their sheer awesomeness.

LoooL

Steve, I will be brutal, how about release the 2.6 so we can try the juicy shipping line thing?

It's going to be a while before any new release. We are now 10 weeks into our motorhome trip and its going really well (currently on the Isle of Skye). Instead of returning to the Isle of Man in September, we are likely heading to Spain and parking on a beach for a few months :)

I would like to be back on my PC before doing a new release, as programming on a laptop is not ideal.

The following users thanked this post: Kaiser, vorpal+5, AlStar, Black, Kiero, BAGrimm, Warer, BigBacon, Steve Zax

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2024, 08:26:52 AM »
Laptop? Laptop!

Peace (of mind) through Superior Firepower  ;D

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2024, 09:45:27 AM »
I did go for an 18" laptop with 2560x1600 resolution, but ultimately its still a laptop :)

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2024, 01:38:51 PM »
Honestly at that size you should just go for an integrated mousepad lol.