Author Topic: v2.1.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 39965 times)

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: v2.1.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2022, 07:32:45 PM »
For each increment, I have several of the following errors: Function #1954, Function #1943, Function #478

It happens when raiders appear.

I have attached the Save.

Offline MaxKaladin

• Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2023, 12:22:48 AM »
I'd like to add my weight to the Local System Generation issue.  I've had several abandoned starts (with maybe 10-20 stars) under 2.1.1 and two games that went to 81 stars discovered and 110 (my current game).  No loops in any of them.  This is 2.1.1 with Known Stars and the default settings for Local System Generation (I didn't change them since the game says the settings don't work for Known Stars).  I also did an experiment in the 81 star game similar to the one described earlier.  In that game, I had Alpha Centauri and Proxima Centauri discovered along with Sol and a couple of dozen other stars near Sol.  I saved the game, quit Aurora, started again, turned on SM and generated several jump points in both systems then explored them trying to loop back to Sol or one of the other systems near Sol.  I repeated this dozens of times without success. 

I posted about this on the discord and others there had noticed the issue and a couple of people mentioned doing their own experiments with similar results. 

I know people have said that loops are rare with Known Stars but I did see them in 1.x games.  Just not a single one in 2.1.1.   

SJW: Not sure where this problem is originating - I play only Known Stars, including a huge game on this version, and always have plenty of loops.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 01:37:02 PM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: Vandermeer, Ragnarsson

Offline Kiero

• Bronze Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • In space no one can hear you scream.
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2023, 06:09:29 AM »
For a long time, I was stuck on 5h turn.
After some investigation in the database I've found that one of the NPR set up a supply of automines that were not present on their homeworld and the "pickup failed" order was interrupting the game.

The following users thanked this post: Gabrote42, nuclearslurpee

Offline StarshipCactus

• Lt. Commander
  • S
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2023, 02:06:22 AM »
For a long time, I was stuck on 5h turn.
After some investigation in the database I've found that one of the NPR set up a supply of automines that were not present on their homeworld and the "pickup failed" order was interrupting the game.
That sort of thing seems like it could be in the SM event list. It would be very helpful for people who are less good with the DB to have that pointed out so they can find it and sort it more easily.

The following users thanked this post: Vastrat, Gabrote42, nuclearslurpee

Offline Alphard

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • A
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2023, 01:34:40 PM »
https://i.    imgur.    com/TICq8yN.   png

"2. 1. 1 Function #917: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32. "

Occurred when setting a civilian contract to move automines to C/2017 K2, which is quite a far distance away from Earth actually.     This appears thousands of times and renders the game unplayable, forcing deletion of the game.     Actually, since the default behavior is to load your most recent game, I had to reinstall the entire game.     I couldn't stomach going through 4,000 message box prompts to see if there was a way to fix this.   

I think it is probably some type of check that is failing due to overflow because of the huge distance involved.   
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 01:36:12 PM by Alphard »

Offline verraka

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • v
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2023, 08:31:38 PM »
Quote from: Froggiest1982 link=topic=13078.    msg163470#msg163470 date=1672450365
For each increment, I have several of the following errors: Function #1954, Function #1943, Function #478

It happens when raiders appear.   

I have attached the Save.   

I have a similiar-ish issue to the quoted reply.    I only have star swarm and NPRs enabled however, no raiders.    When I attempt to advance time I get the same three function number errors as they do and it states "Object reference not set to an instance of an object. " after each function number.     Unlike, the above poster I am unable to progress past them as they continually reappear in a loop.     After I close one error message the next will pop up.     The errors pop back up again after I clear them, forcing me to force close aurora with the task manager.     I tried just spam clicking through the errors but if there is an end to them I can't reach it lol.   

This was a conventional start, with random stars, decimal separator is a period, year is only 2082.     I made backups, edited the DB to let me control the NPRs, and attempted to go through the NPRs to see if they were causing the issue.     I did see issues with fuel shortages and impossible civilian fleet pickups in the NPRs, so I deleted the offending fleets and civilian lines.     This seemed to allow me to progress for a few more days, but then the cycling errors returned.     

Earlier in this game I had gotten a singular error message with the same text about "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.    ", but was able to just click okay and continue the game.     This happened maybe 3-5 times spaced out by years before I hit this impassable wall of the three error messages cycling.     

I've attached the DB file.   

« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 08:39:50 PM by verraka »

Offline Akhillis

• Chief Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2023, 05:49:39 AM »
When trying to set a minimum rank for automated assignment to naval admin commands, it seems that setting the rank is trying to select the ground commander rank instead of the (listed) naval commander rank, which then fails to work with automated assignment. See attached image for visual explanation - no, my abbreviation for Admirals is not "GG", this is the abbreviation for my equivalent ground commander rank (Grand General). Same happens for lower ranks, but Grand Admiral (rank 7) and higher seem to work okay, as do R2 through R4 - so whatever is happening seems very inconsistent.

Save, quit, and restart does not correct this. I've searched and have not seen a report or 2.2.0 bugfix for this.

EDIT: Looking at the FCT_Ranks table in the DB, it looks like the issue is happening where the ground commander rank (RankType 1) has a lower RankID than the equivalent naval commander rank (RankType 0), which is the case for my R5 and R6 ranks where I am having the problem. Guess that means the workaround is to delete and re-make the R5 and higher ground commander ranks, and the fix is to select only RankType 0 in whatever routine is handling this.

I ran into the same bug and found an alternative workaround.

The bug occurred after I added a new naval rank, and adding a new ground forces rank appeared to resolve it.
The Sorium must flow

Offline dsedrez

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • d
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2023, 10:45:28 AM »
Does the “Transfer Fuel to Fuel Hub” order work? I have a tanker with 100% fuel and I want to put the fuel into a fuel hub. The tanker completes the order on the next subtick and no fuel is transferred. How does this interact with refueling priorities? The hub has a raised priority so that my fuel harvester platforms in the same fleet will refuel it. (and that does work, though the refueling rate is odd).

I've started a new game, and tried to use tankers to transfer fuel to a colony. The colony has a spaceport but the order to transfer fuel to the colony doesn't appear in the fleet orders. I set the conditional order to transfer fuel to *a* colony (which is not what I want, I want a specific colony) but in the next tick it says the order is complete, and the tanker still has full fuel tanks.

Version is 2.1.1, and I don't remember ever having this problem before. Though it's been a while since the last time I played.

EDIT: Added snippet from events

EDIT 2: I somehow forgot to add the refuelling system, ugh!!!  :P
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 10:56:01 AM by dsedrez »

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2023, 11:10:28 AM »
 --- Are we ever going to get a fix for fighter-sized colony ships not unloading at planets? I'd really like to have fighters that can load colonists from a mothership and ship them to various planets.

The following users thanked this post: dsedrez

Offline dsedrez

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • d
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2023, 09:58:53 PM »
The same game as before, I'm drawing heavily on a swarm of small (1k-sized) survey ships for all geo and grav survey duties. I designed a (cheap) jump tender for their size, and placed one at every jump point, and clicked the "Assume Fleet is Jump-Capable". However, the surveyors entered a system whose JP was being stabilized, and when they finished their work they couldn't find their way out. I checked that the jump tender was placed at the entry point, tried again, and they continued complaining. I ordered them to move elsewhere and they went through the JP with no problem at all. I believe this "Assume Fleet is Jump-Capable" setting is not working. I wasn't tracking where the surveyors went so I can't be absolutely sure, but it seems they only plotted routes through JPs that were at least partially stabilized.

I couldn't find any report about this, either as a bug or feature. I'll try to reproduce this later in a new clean game.

EDIT: The surveyors are all using default orders to either geosurvey bodies in the system or do gravsurvey, according to their type, then proceed to another system needing surveying. That's my attempt to automate the surveying, with a dozen of FAC-sized survey craft of each type in a 10% survey speed game. However, when all survey is done in a border system, the survey craft ignore the jump tender in the JP and complain they can't apply the default orders, no matter whether the "Assume Fleet is Jump-Capable" is set or not.
I've also verified that when one survey craft completed their job and chose another system to go to, they'd cross my entire map for months to go to another system through a path connected with stabilized JPs, rather than cross a single JP with a jump tender available.
Adding a standard jump engine would require a full redesign and lots of refits, and would go counter the idea I'm following in this game. So, in order to avoid lots of micromanaging surveyors, I've now edited the DB (oops) to have a new miniaturized jump engine specifically for the survey craft, SM-edited their designs to include it, and I'm now waiting to see if they'll finally go to the closest system to do their jobs.

It's quite possible I misunderstood the meaning of the "Assume Fleet is Jump-Capable", and that it wasn't meant to apply to default orders... If so, please, Steve, could you consider it for a future version?

SJW: "Assume Fleet is Jump-Capable" is used to filter potential destinations when using Fleet Auto-route.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 02:27:43 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Laurence

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • L
« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2023, 11:21:13 AM »
The same game as before, I'm drawing heavily on a swarm of small (1k-sized) survey ships for all geo and grav survey duties. I designed a (cheap) jump tender for their size, and placed one at every jump point, and clicked the "Assume Fleet is Jump-Capable". However, the surveyors entered a system whose JP was being stabilized, and when they finished their work they couldn't find their way out. I checked that the jump tender was placed at the entry point, tried again, and they continued complaining. I ordered them to move elsewhere and they went through the JP with no problem at all. I believe this "Assume Fleet is Jump-Capable" setting is not working. I wasn't tracking where the surveyors went so I can't be absolutely sure, but it seems they only plotted routes through JPs that were at least partially stabilized.

I couldn't find any report about this, either as a bug or feature. I'll try to reproduce this later in a new clean game.

While I didn't face your exact problem, when I've (rarely) had ships refusing to go through a WP, canceling their orders, making a Way Point close by, and having the ship go to the WP then back to the JP worked.

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #131 on: March 10, 2023, 12:24:00 PM »

So this a weird bug in turret design. The laser is a Far Gamma Ray wavelength, btw.

To reproduce it, prototype a 30cm Far Gamma Ray Laser. Then use that in a single, 0km/s turret with 1 armor and prototype it. Then take THAT prototype and use it in a twin, 0km/s turret with 1 armor and portotype it. Then use THAT in any turret as shown above and THIS happens.

Weird, eh? Attached the DB.

Offline Noriad

• Petty Officer
  • N
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2023, 01:09:28 AM »
2.1.1 fresh install, windows 10, my decimal separator is a dot.

I start a new game with the settings in the attached screenshot.
A popup for the creation of a race appears, I select "conventional empire" and press "create race".

I've done this quite a few times. About half the times, a new game is created within a few seconds. The other half of the time, the game freezes, and the game screen and the "new game creation" screen stay visible but the program becomes completely unresponsive and stays that way until I kill the program.
I do a fresh reinstall from the source files every try.

SJW: If this is a Random Stars game, then should be fixed now.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 02:28:48 PM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: LiquidGold2

Offline punchkid

• Chief Petty Officer
  • p
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2023, 06:38:22 AM »
There seems to be something wrong with the calculations for fleets meeting up.
To reproduce do the following: Have a fleet(F1) following another fleet(F2) and then you give a 3rd fleet(F3) the order to join F1.

I think the issue is that the speed of F1 in this case is the fleets max speed and not the speed for F2 which it is following. In my case F2 is a lot slower then F1 and F2 and F3 have the same speed.
So it seems like its calculating the meeting point to be somewhere very far ahead.
See attached screenshot for an example.

Edit:
It looks like it sort of fixes itself once F3 gets in front of F1, it will then turn back around to join F1. So its mayube not as big of a problem as I first thought. It just mens the fleet thats trying to join will make a sort of swing around the fleet its joining insted of heading straight for it. and so will use quite a bit more time then it maybe could have.

SJW: WAI. The intercepting fleet is checking current course and speed, not future movement orders (which would be extremely complex).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 02:42:01 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline AJS1956

• Gold Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • A
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2023, 09:02:46 AM »
2.1.1 fresh install, windows 10, my decimal separator is a dot.

I start a new game with the settings in the attached screenshot.
A popup for the creation of a race appears, I select "conventional empire" and press "create race".

I've done this quite a few times. About half the times, a new game is created within a few seconds. The other half of the time, the game freezes, and the game screen and the "new game creation" screen stay visible but the program becomes completely unresponsive and stays that way until I kill the program.
I do a fresh reinstall from the source files every try.

Hi Noriad,

There is a known bug with starting a game with 'Known Star Systems' turned off. You can get around it by;

1) Setup your game as you wish but put the tick in 'Known Star Systems'
2) Create Game and accept the default race.
3) You can now go to 'View Current Game' (third icon from the right on the icon bar) and take the tick out of 'Known Star Systems.'
4) Turn GM on.
5) Open 'System generation and Display.'
6) Create a new system from the buttons at the bottom right until you get one you like (or close enough, you can edit the bodies individually to suit).
7) 'Create Race' after clicking on your race's soon-to-be home world.
8) Make sure you having clicked on HW Minerals on that world. Rename the system and all the bodies as you prefer.

Normally I would say start the game, delete the 'Player' race and go. however, I notice your game has only 80 systems and has 3 NPRs. In this case delete any systems you have created before the one you chose as your home. Also switch to the 'player' race and delete Sol. Now go to the Race window, switch to the player race (i.e. not the race you have created for your game) and delete it. You will be good to go now. Doing all the above actually takes less time that I took writing it down!

Hope this helps,

Andy

The following users thanked this post: Noriad