Author Topic: What's Going On In Your Empire: C# Edition  (Read 74391 times)

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
Re: What's Going On In Your Empire: C# Edition
« Reply #420 on: December 12, 2023, 03:15:40 PM »
So, I just dropped 200,000 tons of troops onto about 60,000 tons of ground forces, my forces being a 50/50 mix of PA infantry and medium tanks. They got shredded to pieces. The enemy infantry's armor is 15, whereas my infantry guns are only penetration 6. The enemy has like 1,200 machine gun infantry. Not sure if I should make heavy armor infantry (so my armor would be 16 instead of 12 vs enemy AP of 10) or abandon infantry and go for entirely heavy tanks, since the enemy only has around 100 tanks on the planet. I only killed about 100 infantry and 10 tanks in exchange for loosing 10,000 infantry and 672 tanks
Your sensors also tend to underestimate the strength of ground forces based on how dug in they are , It seems likely there were nearer 200,000 tons of enemy troops of higher tech level so 1-1 odds vs entrenched troops with better weapons and armour, I supect you needed at least 600,000 tons of your troops
No, the ground force contact was 18,000 tons. I assumed they had a fortification of 3, although now that I think of it the infantry probably was entrenched to 6

The following users thanked this post: Andrew

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #421 on: December 13, 2023, 03:54:52 PM »
I suppose I found my new production center for construction facilities and mines:

Code: [Select]
Zeta-1 Reticuli III
     Duranium 31,490,048   Acc 0.6
     Neutronium 23,990,404   Acc 0.7
     Tritanium 19,927,296   Acc 0.1
     Vendarite 1,245,456   Acc 1
     Sorium 12,489,156   Acc 0.7
     Corundium 13,380,964   Acc 0.9

Now, all I need to handle is the 28.60 CC due to the venusian 114 atmospheric pressure.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #422 on: December 13, 2023, 03:57:33 PM »
I suppose I found my new production center for construction facilities and mines:

Code: [Select]
Zeta-1 Reticuli III
     Duranium 31,490,048   Acc 0.6
     Neutronium 23,990,404   Acc 0.7
     Tritanium 19,927,296   Acc 0.1
     Vendarite 1,245,456   Acc 1
     Sorium 12,489,156   Acc 0.7
     Corundium 13,380,964   Acc 0.9

Now, all I need to handle is the 28.60 CC due to the venusian 114 atmospheric pressure.

Can you say "Ark Module metropolis"?

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #423 on: December 13, 2023, 04:26:58 PM »

Indeed! Although, certain spoilers have made me very scared of relying too heavily on Ark modules (we don't talk about all the terraforming stations I lost because I forgot to accompany it with a garrison with STO's...) so it will need heavy protection to be safe.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #424 on: December 13, 2023, 04:58:22 PM »

Indeed! Although, certain spoilers have made me very scared of relying too heavily on Ark modules (we don't talk about all the terraforming stations I lost because I forgot to accompany it with a garrison with STO's...) so it will need heavy protection to be safe.

As long as you have good tech, a couple light cruisers and a DSTS should do the job.

The following users thanked this post: smoelf

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #425 on: December 14, 2023, 01:17:22 AM »
So, I'm currently at year 2037. I thought I had been doing pretty well with about 380,000 tons of dedicated combat ships as my main offensive fleet. I just sent a probe into a system where a survey ship got destroyed, and found 524,000 tons worth of enemy ships (and 6 defensive stations) above a planet. I'm not sure if I'm unlucky or if I should have had a bigger fleet by now

Offline Ulzgoroth

• Captain
  • U
« Reply #426 on: December 14, 2023, 01:59:02 AM »
So, I'm currently at year 2037. I thought I had been doing pretty well with about 380,000 tons of dedicated combat ships as my main offensive fleet. I just sent a probe into a system where a survey ship got destroyed, and found 524,000 tons worth of enemy ships (and 6 defensive stations) above a planet. I'm not sure if I'm unlucky or if I should have had a bigger fleet by now
Are you only counting ships with military engines there? Because obviously it doesn't take that big a stack of commercial ships to fill out a tonnage like that. Even less so for a stack of space stations!

(Also it might not be a normal NPR.)

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #427 on: December 14, 2023, 03:19:30 AM »
Are you only counting ships with military engines there? Because obviously it doesn't take that big a stack of commercial ships to fill out a tonnage like that. Even less so for a stack of space stations!

(Also it might not be a normal NPR.)
I know its the defensive spoiler, just trying to minimize spoilers for new players.

Anyway, instead of attacking that system, I decided to attack a different system that had the same spoiler race, just less of them. It ended up being a draw, because I spread my fire too much and the first two waves didn't penetrate the enemy shields, so I ran out of ammo before killing anything (I could have kept firing, but after 4 salvos 1/3 of my ships were down to older missiles, and the older missiles were slower). The next two salvos after that did get through shields, but the defensive bases deployed decoys that seduced half of my missiles from each salvo that got through, which meant the bases only took 4 penetrating hits each. Time to spend about 3 years replacing the missiles I expended, I guess.

On the bright side, the missile combat was way less "all or nothing" than it used to be. Retargeting AMMs and gauss turrets handled most of the incoming missiles, but there were still leakers. One of my cruisers took 22% armor damage, plus a few hits on a couple other ones. The next version of my cruisers will probably trade armor to mount a shield generator, as that way leaks get regenerated
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 03:21:29 AM by captainwolfer »

Offline DrBladeSTEEL

• Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #428 on: December 14, 2023, 01:05:09 PM »
Bernard's star is just one jump from Sol, and BSII is an absolute gold mine of resources on a world that just needs a . 08atm more oxygen to be ideal.  Just stabilized the jump points and am working on spreading my empire's wings as I get ready for phase two of naval set up.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #429 on: December 15, 2023, 01:53:31 AM »
Mildly amusing coincidence, I was designing an infantry battalion based on the USMC infantry battalions, and by sheer coincidence it happened to come out to 811 soldiers following the crewing rules I am using. Amusing coincidence since this is the (current?) infantry battalion size under the Force Design 2030 plan.

Art attachment for anyone interested and also as proof, not that I really need to prove this but I thought I would share since I amused myself.  :)

The following users thanked this post: Xkill, Garfunkel

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #430 on: December 20, 2023, 08:25:17 PM »
I don't think Cruiser Squadron 5 is going to make it out of the enemy's homeworld system. Unless I get lucky and that was the only salvo launched by the 35 enemy ships, since I do have a 500 km/s speed advantage. 315 missiles in one salvo, which were size 9 and seemed to have 3-4 decoys per missile.

Turns out I shouldn't have detached them to chase down some civilian ships.

Edit: nope, they are dead
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 08:29:55 PM by captainwolfer »

Offline missile

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • m
« Reply #431 on: January 01, 2024, 07:01:16 PM »
'Tis a sad day for humanity.  A majority of the crew upon the Hans Bethe died after being locked into a ship.  The shipyard's crews tried their hardest to open up crew compartments, but were too slow to save all but eleven people.  LCDR Reginald Javens, science officer aboard the ship was found with his lips blue and heart stopped.  The government pledges better safety protocols and making evacuations out of ships easier. 
Anyways, I learned that I should probably resupply ships before they undergo repair and/or add emergency cryopods to keep crews from dying.  Why the ships aren't emptied of crew before being put under repair is a mystery to me, but lessons learned.

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #432 on: January 01, 2024, 07:30:27 PM »
'Tis a sad day for humanity.  A majority of the crew upon the Hans Bethe died after being locked into a ship.  The shipyard's crews tried their hardest to open up crew compartments, but were too slow to save all but eleven people.  LCDR Reginald Javens, science officer aboard the ship was found with his lips blue and heart stopped.  The government pledges better safety protocols and making evacuations out of ships easier. 
Anyways, I learned that I should probably resupply ships before they undergo repair and/or add emergency cryopods to keep crews from dying.  Why the ships aren't emptied of crew before being put under repair is a mystery to me, but lessons learned.
Was the shipyard not at a maintenence location?

You could also have put the ship in overhaul to prevent maintenance failures

Offline LuuBluum

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • L
« Reply #433 on: January 07, 2024, 05:42:43 PM »
Mildly amusing coincidence, I was designing an infantry battalion based on the USMC infantry battalions, and by sheer coincidence it happened to come out to 811 soldiers following the crewing rules I am using. Amusing coincidence since this is the (current?) infantry battalion size under the Force Design 2030 plan.

Art attachment for anyone interested and also as proof, not that I really need to prove this but I thought I would share since I amused myself.  :)

If you don't mind me asking, did you just drum this up in Paint.net or whatever else, or did you use some sort of dedicated program? Planning on a multi-player-race campaign once the next bugfix is out and I imagine I'll be making a few of these sorts of images to satisfy my desire for a fully-detailed organizational hierarchy since on a technical level my base formations will be brigade-sized.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #434 on: January 07, 2024, 06:15:35 PM »
If you don't mind me asking, did you just drum this up in Paint.net or whatever else, or did you use some sort of dedicated program? Planning on a multi-player-race campaign once the next bugfix is out and I imagine I'll be making a few of these sorts of images to satisfy my desire for a fully-detailed organizational hierarchy since on a technical level my base formations will be brigade-sized.

Paint.net is the answer.  :)

I'll attach the set of org symbols that I use in case it is helpful to you, though I did originally design these for somewhat more-detailed OOB modeling so they are a little bit smaller than I'd like for simpler diagrams. I should probably make a set of bigger ones for legibility. I have a few different colors of these but it is pretty easy to change the black to whatever you want so I don't think I need to add all of those.

The following users thanked this post: Garfunkel, LuuBluum, lumporr