Author Topic: Favorite Features  (Read 1976 times)

Offline snapto (OP)

• Bronze Supporter
  • Petty Officer
  • s
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Favorite Features
« on: April 13, 2020, 04:53:11 PM »
I know it's early yet, but I was wondering what people's favorite feature was in C#.

For QoL, mine would have to be the new Naval Org screen with its drag and drop functionality.  Content wise, hands down it's the new ground forces template creation. I'm spending hours just making OOBs. Yummy.

Can't to get deeper into the game! Thanks Steve!

The following users thanked this post: Alsadius

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: Favorite Features
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 05:52:50 PM »
Yeah, new ground forces possibilities are great, I spend most of my time with Aurora today by making OOBs. It is slow process as I am figuring what to do and how to do it, but I am almost done with my infantry division OOB.  :)

Offline Ozyton

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • O
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 09:41:11 PM »
I haven't explored everything yet (I hardly even scratched the surface of VB6 anyways) but prototypes are probably one of the best QOL things there is when it comes to ship design.  Somewhat similar is how you no longer have to design engines for your missiles individually, it's assumed that the missile engine design/research is part of the missile design/research.   

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 12:10:45 AM »
Would be either the new fleet command or ground units or the fast turn processing.

Hard to choose since haven't touched the new terraforming nor have I encountered any NPR yet

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 12:46:09 AM »
Almost everything.
I love draging the map with LMB and the fact that you can use wheel to zoom in and out, i love drag and drop ships on the fleets screen, i love the speed, i like how conventional engines are more viable now and how there are preTN armours.
And i frakking adore the new ground units system ( altough i do miss PDCs - RIP ).

Not sure about the removal of missile engines tho - i understand the concept behind that change but i get PTSD flashbacks to the many games that were dumbed down.
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline serger

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 02:20:54 AM »
Ground OOB my favorite just now, but that's only a start of campaign. :)

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 03:33:29 AM »
The performance? Apart from that prototypes maybe from the things I have explored so far.

Offline YABG

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Y
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 03:48:01 AM »
I love the new ground forces, haven't had a chance to test them in combat yet but designing the vehicles and building the OOB's cool.  I hope Steve adds the ability to prototype ground elements and some way of quickly ordering an entire hierarchy to be built/refitted.

The prototype/research prototype feature is really neat and useful; I see myself using that a lot in the future.  The continual capacity to x size is also an amazing little QOL addition.

Changes to space stations and tug orders are nice and make factory built mining/refinery/terraforming platforms much less of a pain so I'm really looking forward to a long game with lots of those.

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2020, 03:50:52 AM »
So many things. Beyond a lot of the mentioned elements are using the mouse to zoom and drag the tactical map. It just makes it SO MUCH easier to navigate. I also really like the new fleet command structure and the incentives to set up command points at strategic places.

Offline Malorn

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2020, 04:21:47 PM »
Terraforming being related to body size, also population being related to body size.  Finally there is a reason to expand to other worlds apart from resources. . . living space!

Offline thashepherd

• Chief Petty Officer
  • t
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2020, 04:27:06 PM »
Fleet org UI, prototyping, and ground unit updates are incredible!

But I'm sure I'm forgetting around a dozen features that I'd _really_ miss the absence of if I went back to VB6 Aurora just now. . . perhaps the best thing is Steve's ability to make things better in such a natural way that you don't even consciously notice the changes.