Author Topic: v1.50 Bugs Thread  (Read 13539 times)

Offline AlitarSemiramis

• Chief Petty Officer
  • A
Re: v1.50 Bugs Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2020, 03:36:14 PM »
Quote from: Saquenay link=topic=10741. msg123463#msg123463 date=1586979845
Quote from: xenoscepter link=topic=10741.  msg123434#msg123434 date=1586977214
Saquenay

What is you locale? I sometimes run a Japanese locale, and it messes stuff up. 

Thank you for the suggestion!  Although I had checked all the language settings, the system's locale was set to something different (Chinese in this case).    However, note that changing the "Language for non-Unicode programs" to English was not sufficient.    I also had to change the settings in "Welcome screen and new user accounts".    There, the settings for the Current user were correct, but I had to use the "Copy your current settings to" buttons below to copy them over to the "welcome screen" and "New user accounts" sections.    Only after that last step did the font issue get fixed in Aurora.    See attached screenshot. 

All this being said, it might be worth investigating (though perhaps not as a priority :) ) if Aurora could inherit it's display choices from the "current user" profile rather than the default admin profile?

I've never really messed around much with localisation, but I wonder if a lot of these UI inconsistencies could be solved by something like:
CultureInfo. DefaultThreadCurrentCulture = CultureInfo. CreateSpecificCulture("en-GB");

The DefaultThreadCurrentCulture property gets or sets: "The default culture for threads in the current application domain, or null if the current system culture is the default thread culture in the application domain. "

https://docs. microsoft. com/en-us/dotnet/api/system. globalization. cultureinfo. defaultthreadcurrentuiculture?view=netframework-4. 8

Ideally you would one of either:

- Run with InvariantCulture (which is kind of like English). This allows you greater control of how things look on the screen, so you can make sure that strings fits in labels, buttons...

- Run with the culture of the OS running the application. Looks better for each user in the sense that if you are used to use , or . as decimal separators, you will see whatever you are used to. If it's just numbers then you will not have to worry a lot about things fitting right, although we can see with dates that it can be an issue. If at some point Aurora is localized to other languages, this is the way to go, but good localization is a really hard problem (particularly because English is extremely terse as a language, nearly everything else uses more letters to say the same than English).

Offline SomewhatAccurate

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2020, 03:38:59 PM »
Typing a '+' character into the input box for intended deployment time within the ship design window causes a fatal exception and crash. 

Its a bit of an out there one but christ just lost a good hour of progress due to that mistype.

The following users thanked this post: L0ckAndL0ad, Ancalagon

Offline buergerjoh

• Petty Officer
  • b
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2020, 03:40:19 PM »
Known anomalies are not shown in the tactical view => artifacts tab. Saving and reloading fixes the issue.

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2020, 03:47:04 PM »
Typing a '+' character into the input box for intended deployment time within the ship design window causes a fatal exception and crash. 

Its a bit of an out there one but christ just lost a good hour of progress due to that mistype.

Confirmed, but exception was not fatal for me. I just hit continue and kept going.

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2020, 03:49:04 PM »
Different bug, so different post. You can't type numbers in the format 0.N in the max atmospheres field for terraforming. Well, you can, but it's... weird. You can't type "0.". The game won't let you. You can type, say "03" and then modify it to say "0.3", but... It's weird.

Also, if the number in that field is invalid (as it often is when you start typing something like .5 or .7), an exception is thrown.

Offline SomewhatAccurate

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2020, 03:50:12 PM »
The Sector Governor field within the Economics window under "Summary" doesn't show the sector governor even if one has been assigned.

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2020, 03:59:16 PM »
The Sector Governor field within the Economics window under "Summary" doesn't show the sector governor even if one has been assigned.

Not strictly a bug, as the reason it shows none is because by default the home system where the sector command was built is no longer automatically assigned to the sector.

So you need to go to the sector window, select the sector then add Sol to it. You should then see the Sector governor displayed as their bonus is now being applied to Sol.
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

Offline thashepherd

• Chief Petty Officer
  • t
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2020, 04:01:13 PM »
The 'Change Hull' and 'Change Station' buttons on the Miscellaneous tab of the Galactic Map don't do anything (applies to SM Mode as well).

The 'Theme' dropdown on the Overview tab of the Galactic Map doesn't appear to function properly. Assuming it's the same thing as the System Theme set in the Race Information window, it isn't set to the right value and doesn't do anything when changed.

The Change Image/Station/Hull/Flag buttons in the Race Information window throw errors if you attempt to load an image from anywhere other than the Flags/StationIcons/ShipIcons/Flags folders (respectively).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 04:23:06 PM by thashepherd »

Offline L0ckAndL0ad

• Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2020, 04:03:39 PM »
Fighters that are landed on a carrier cannot move unless individually detached using Detach button. If you drag & drop them into another fleet, they move at 1 km/s.

Detaching a single fighter and drag & dropping others into its fleet works until you order that fleet to land again. Upon landing, only the fighter that was detached lands, while drag & dropped fighters remain as is in a separate fleet.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 04:18:50 PM by L0ckAndL0ad »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2020, 04:04:07 PM »
Orbital Habitats dont get counted towards the Population max except on the homeworld

I created a testgame with orbitals on a moon, dwarf planet and an asteroid, combinations with space port, cargo stations and the like do not make a difference

Windows
Fresh Install 1.0, Update to 1.4
Already existed in an 1.0 -> 1.1 -> 1.2 -> 1.3 install

since noone reportet anything like this in the bug report thread i post this here and test it on 1.5 again

It only appears if population > 0. Not figured out why yet :)

Offline Hernanduer

• Leading Rate
  • H
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2020, 04:04:18 PM »
I'm still seeing this bug:
Removing something from the research queue doesn't return it to the list of available technologies to research if you're on the category of research it belongs to.   You have to use the dropdown to change between categories before it appears again.

Something similar occurs when working in the Commanders window.  In the bottom right table, switching between Civilian Administrator and Naval Officer (for example) doesn't update the table's contents.  It'll continue to show civilian admins until you change one of the trait dropdowns.  The contents of the dropdowns update, just not the table values.

When changing from a military commander type (Naval Officer or Ground Commander) to a civilian commander type, the to-from rank dropdowns keep whatever value they had and are now empty.  Would it be better to gray these out?

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2020, 04:07:15 PM »
Recurring issue since the beginning with setting support relationships with ground units.  The functionality of units supporting units seems to work - I've been setting artillery units to set up infantry units in the same brigade and I see the text colors change to orange and blue and a text saying who the artillery is supporting - BUT, I can't unset the relationship and turn it back to supporting no one (white text).  I can change who that unit is supporting but I can't set it back to an not supporting state.  I have tried removing the unit from the same hierarchy and I have even tried deleting the hierarchy but still orange/blue. 

V1.50 on a fresh installation and 5 years into game.  No errors previous in game play.

Hi, I have reported this on 1.4 http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10715.msg123099#msg123099 and you can check Steve's reply that would have bee fixed by adding a button. Do you have 1.5 installed?

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2020, 04:09:15 PM »
The 'Theme' dropdown on the Overview tab of the Galactic Map doesn't appear to function properly. Assuming it's the same thing as the System Theme set in the Race Information window, it isn't set to the right value and doesn't do anything when changed.

I've used the "Theme" dropdown to successfully cause newly explored systems in that chain to be named after the different Themes I selected for them.

But I've had a bug where I tried to set one system's dropdown back to "No Theme", which ended up breaking something minor behind the scenes with how that dropdown selection box worked. It was like it maybe stored an erroneous "Theme" value for that system. It didn't hurt anything, and I fixed it later by just selecting another theme. I haven't been able to reproduce or track this down, but there was definitely something minor and funky with the "Theme" dropdown box.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2020, 04:11:28 PM »
Didn't get to post in the 1.  4 thread. 

Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10715.  msg123201#msg123201 date=1586962053
Quote from: Elouda link=topic=10715.  msg123056#msg123056 date=1586942059
The 'Load Previous' and 'Second Stage' dropdown boxes in the Missile Design page are linked, meaning when you try to select a missile to use as a second stage it loads the values of that missile, overwriting everything else. 

Reproduced but haven't figured it out yet :)

This bug is second only to Compressed fuel storage in annoyance value.   I removed the code behind it and even deleted the box and replaced with a brand new one with a new name.   Same problem :)  I'll come back to this later. 
Going to have to do some speculation here, but this may help. 

Assumption:
You are passing the same list / array object to both dropdowns.   Or are setting both lists from the same source (Ex:
Code: [Select]
var a = SomeQueryResultFromDb.ToList(); var b = SomeQueryResultFromDb.ToList();)
This results in both lists effectively being the same thing (i.  e.   pointers to same memory location of actual primitives.  )
The dropdown UI elements set some variable in the list of objects to true to indicate which one is selected.   Since both (inadvertently) point to the same list, they both share the same 'select'. 

Yes, that was exactly it. Thank you !!

Offline alvin853

• Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2020, 04:13:24 PM »
If I copy a design, I am able to select the design from the 'Refit From' dropdown menu, even if there aren't any ships build of it. If I select refit, it creates a 'divide by zero' error for function #2185. This is repeated every time I enter the economics window and when I pass time I get a 'divide by zero' error for function #2097.

Furthermore, I can't see built ships, orbiting Earth, in the dropdown menu for refitting.

To expand on this, I copied my GEV design to give it a new engine, left everything else the same so it can be built from the same shipyard without retooling. Tried refitting a ship from the old design to the new one, but can't select the old design in the "Refit From" dropdown. Created the task anyway, now all my shipyard tasks are gone from all shipyards and I'm getting the same 'divide by zero' erros as mentioned above.

So I guess bug #1: "Refit From" doesn't show the design the shipyard is currently tooled for, and bug #2: "Create Task" should not be clickable if no ship to refit is selected.