Author Topic: v1.8.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 55774 times)

Offline VimWabbit

• Petty Officer
  • V
Re: v1.8.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2020, 02:36:47 PM »
My tug ran out of fuel during tugging. Tugging the tug lead to generally wierd interaction. Assicated stations/ships are jumping between TG's randomly.

Ye... I managed to tug my ship already being tugged(or if I tugged the tug already tugging), it was a hangar module with docked fighters; the entire hangar and every docked fighter exploded. Then I got weird stuff happening when I detached a tug from a fleet, moved the tug and did something and the thing it got detached from/tugged suddenly rejoined at new position.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 02:38:58 PM by VimWabbit »

Offline Disguy

• Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2020, 02:48:45 PM »
Likely a bug. . .
CIV Transports bringing trade goods to zero population colony.  Earth to Ganymede

Offline Pedroig

• Lt. Commander
  • P
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2020, 02:51:42 PM »
Likely a bug. . .
CIV Transports bringing trade goods to zero population colony.  Earth to Ganymede

They got a hot tip    ;)
si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Bobtown

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • B
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2020, 03:11:27 PM »
Got a repeating series of errors when my ships discovered a new system:
Object not set to instance in following functions:

that cycled about 20 times, before the game continued (so far no further problems)

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2020, 03:11:42 PM »
For survey tasks, the tactical map doesn't show the ETA; it shows 00:00:00

Offline Ametsala

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2020, 03:44:42 PM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10990. msg126879#msg126879 date=1587564419
Quote from: CatchItGamer link=topic=10990. msg126720#msg126720 date=1587508250
Selecting a ship in the Naval Organization window with the following design results in this error: "Function #2801: Attempted to divide by zero. "

Code: [Select]
Scipio class Missile Defence Base      8,265 tons       460 Crew       763 BP       TCS 165    TH 0    EM 0
1 km/s      Armour 0-50       Shields 0-0       HTK 90      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 1      PPV 150
Maint Life 0.06 Years     MSP 57    AFR 546%    IFR 7.6%    1YR 987    5YR 14,806    Max Repair 200 MSP
Magazine 150   
Commander    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months    Morale Check Required   

Size 50 Missile Launcher (3)     Missile Size: 50    Rate of Fire 215

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes

Non-TN start, real stars, should be easy to reproduce, just started a fresh game.

There must be something about that particular ship.  Otherwise I would be seeing a lot of bug reports :)

Are you getting the same errors with all ships, or just that one?

The design has armor thickness of zero, which seems to cause the error.

Offline Friday

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • F
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2020, 03:52:10 PM »
TN start, Random Systems, Rolled and deleted systems till I got a nice one & created a race and started the game.

At some point in I discover a system with a NPR, ran away and hoped they'd wither away.  After a bit I get the 5 sec increments.  Later I look back at the system and they seem to have been conquered and there's around 80 wrecks floating around.  All this happened not even 3 years into the campaign.

Every time I advance in time I get the 1821 error. 

DB attached.  Separator is a dot, if it matters.

Offline Vivalas

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • V
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2020, 04:14:35 PM »
a terraform bug.   You can SM add none as a gas

V1. 8. 0 new game,16 year in, TN start and default setting

I feel like this is one of those bugs where the fix is just "don't do that"

Correct, but, these types of bugs should definitely be reported and properly fixed, because cases like that were users can input improper data into the program are undesirable, as it can happen by accident.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2020, 04:15:51 PM »
Can someone test area defense fire mode for PD? I don't seem to be able to get it to work.

Offline HeroicHan

• Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2020, 04:18:22 PM »
Version 1.8
SM'ed a bunch of stuff to facilitate a player to player homeworld take over.

Function #1555: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
After Player A conquers Player B's Homeworld.

Edit: After many Function #1555's, There was one function #1554 and after clearing these. Happens every construction tick.
Function #1460 on saving.

EditEdit: Apparently after a save and reload there's no trace of any of this. I also uploaded the exe instead of the database XD
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 04:26:18 PM by HeroicHan »

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2020, 04:26:07 PM »
My tug ran out of fuel during tugging. Tugging the tug lead to generally wierd interaction. Assicated stations/ships are jumping between TG's randomly.

Ye... I managed to tug my ship already being tugged(or if I tugged the tug already tugging), it was a hangar module with docked fighters; the entire hangar and every docked fighter exploded. Then I got weird stuff happening when I detached a tug from a fleet, moved the tug and did something and the thing it got detached from/tugged suddenly rejoined at new position.

I had something similar happen in 1.7.3 (haven't replicated in 1.8 yet).  I had a tug running low on fuel, so I detached the tugged ship from my fleet without releasing it (it was slow, but had its own fuel) and tried to send the tug back for more fuel.  Instead, it stayed at the speed it had while tugging, and the tugged ship appeared at the destination.  Later, I SMd the tug back to base, and did a "release tractored ships", and the tugged ship appeared there, in a completely different system.  It looked like it just didn't release the tractor when I detached it.
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2020, 04:28:54 PM »
Getting this error every time I try to change targets of any ship in Battle fleet 03 on attached db.

1.8 new game. Normal settings.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 07:03:35 PM by DFNewb »

Offline Grogfeld

• Able Ordinary Rate
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2020, 04:43:40 PM »
Tiny bug.

Cargo ships with cargo hold below 5k can't move cargo.  The standard cargo orders doesn't appear.
I've created small freighter with 2 tiny cargo holds (1k capacity) just to move minerals (I don't use mass drivers) and cargo shuttles module and no joy. 
When I edited in SM mode design adding 3 additional cargo holds the orders showed up.

Offline pwhk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • p
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2020, 05:03:45 PM »
v1.8.0

I was getting this issue since older versions from time to time but not sure how to reproduce, now I think I've found it.

In "Class Design" Window, Choose Wide View
1. Select a ship design
2. Remove any component from the ship(Not required step)
3. Double click a category (rather than a component), which I often accidentally do.
4. Got error "Function #242: Null Reference Exception"
(Further clicking on category items do not trigger error, only immediately after selecting a ship design.)

I thought what bug was fixed a few versions ago. I can't reproduce it so I checked the code and nothing will execute unless a component is clicked. Please can you confirm 1.8.0 on Misc tab of Tactical Map?

Looks like I cannot reproduce it now either.  :-\ (I confirm it is 1.8.0 as I have checked now.)

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • 2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Supporter of the forum in 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Supporter of the forum for 2024
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2020, 05:09:19 PM »
I know it's silly but may avoid some confusion with what is a bug and could be fixed soon or what is actually intended and may be implemented later. From your known bugs post you may change this:

Known Bugs
You can find a second Sol in Real Stars games
If windows are invisible or white, use the Reset Windows button on the Misc tab of the Tactical Map
Genetic Modification doesn't exist yet
No Hot Keys & Missing Tool Tips. This was a conscious decision rather than a bug. To get close to the release date, the cosmetic items had to suffer. These will be added over time.
Date formats. Some users see the day of the week in displayed dates, which means there is not enough room. This can be fixed in by changing Windows date to shorter format in settings.
There are no events on the main window - only on the Events window. Another sacrifice to faster delivery.
Unload tasks not using Max Items.
Transit by sub-fleet not working

Restrictions (these are things that will not change)
Aurora is a hobby project coded for use on a UK computer. Therefore, you will need to change your decimal separator to a period, rather than a comma, for optimum performance. Otherwise you will suffer invalid string errors.
The maximum year in the game is 9999 (this is a Microsoft DateTime restriction)
When using new image files, add them to the appropriate sub-directory before accessing them via the game

Working as Intended
If you can't load or unload, check your freighter has cargo shuttle bays
Sometimes time increments will be shorter than you specify. This is because something is happening elsewhere in the galaxy and it is causing reduced increments, which is working as intended
Using a Movement Template will removing existing orders (otherwise there could be contradictions between the last order given and the first order in the template)

to this:

Known Bugs
You can find a second Sol in Real Stars games
If windows are invisible or white, use the Reset Windows button on the Misc tab of the Tactical Map
Unload tasks not using Max Items.
Transit by sub-fleet not working

Restrictions (these are things that will not change)
Aurora is a hobby project coded for use on a UK computer. Therefore, you will need to change your decimal separator to a period, rather than a comma, for optimum performance. Otherwise you will suffer invalid string errors.
The maximum year in the game is 9999 (this is a Microsoft DateTime restriction)
When using new image files, add them to the appropriate sub-directory before accessing them via the game

Working as Intended
If you can't load or unload, check your freighter has cargo shuttle bays
Sometimes time increments will be shorter than you specify. This is because something is happening elsewhere in the galaxy and it is causing reduced increments, which is working as intended
Using a Movement Template will removing existing orders (otherwise there could be contradictions between the last order given and the first order in the template)
Date formats. Some users see the day of the week in displayed dates, which means there is not enough room. This can be fixed in by changing Windows date to shorter format in settings.

Missing Features (in development)
Genetic Modification doesn't exist yet
No Hot Keys & Missing Tool Tips. This was a conscious decision rather than a bug. To get close to the release date, the cosmetic items had to suffer. These will be added over time.
There are no events on the main window - only on the Events window. Another sacrifice to faster delivery.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 05:17:06 PM by froggiest1982 »

The following users thanked this post: Friday