Author Topic: Ruins  (Read 1932 times)

Offline Lightning (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • L
Ruins
« on: May 03, 2020, 07:30:24 PM »
Should I be able to see ruins on a colony if I have not completed the geo survey? It doesn't tell me about it in the know ruins  (Ruined Colony, etc). Attached are screenshots of the econ view showing the abandoned installations line on the colony & the system view showing the planet unsurveyed
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 07:45:41 PM by Lightning »

Offline Exultant

• Petty Officer
  • E
Re: Ruins
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 11:59:38 PM »
You could see ruins prior to geosurvey in VB6 if I remember correctly, so it may be WAI

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 07:42:56 AM »
Sure, why not?  You can see the pyramids from space, after all.

Offline Pedroig

• Lt. Commander
  • P
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 07:52:24 AM »
Sure, why not?  You can see the pyramids from space, after all.

There are no singular man-made structures which can be seen from low orbit with the naked eye, not the Great Wall nor the Pyramids.

With magnification you can see individual people from low orbit.
si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 08:59:43 AM »
Then it's a good thing my survey cruisers have magnification.

Offline Lightning (OP)

• L
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 09:18:14 AM »
I couldn't remember in the old version if you could & I couldn't really think of a reason why you wouldn't know there was something there if you started a colony, even if you didn't know how extensive they were without the survey. It's why I asked here instead of the bug thread.

On a side note, the system was 1 jump from the homeworld & there were ruins on 3 of the 4 colony sites I created. Not too bad of neighboring system to have.  :D

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 09:21:55 AM »
I couldn't remember in the old version if you could & I couldn't really think of a reason why you wouldn't know there was something there if you started a colony, even if you didn't know how extensive they were without the survey. It's why I asked here instead of the bug thread.

On a side note, the system was 1 jump from the homeworld & there were ruins on 3 of the 4 colony sites I created. Not too bad of neighboring system to have.  :D

In VB Aurora as soon as you pressed the 'Add Colony' button you would know about ruins.  (But you wouldn't know about the Precursors in orbit -- I made that mistake a few times.)  C# Aurora should be the same.

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 11:40:15 AM »
Guys I've got a situation like this: I have Anomaly/alien installation sen/con 60%, then my xenoarcheologist discovered some structures.

Now, I'm sending some research lab on the planet, I can see from the biology tab I can research Alien autopsy=precurson. What can be useful for reseaching it?

Moreover, should I send a construction unit to dig the installation?

The anomaly Sen/Con 60% does give me a bonus when applied to sensor and control system research? (on that planet only I guess).

Offline Second Foundationer

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2020, 12:11:34 PM »
Moreover, should I send a construction unit to dig the installation?
Yes, or several if there are many installations. One line should read "Abandoned Installations [number]" on the population summary once your xenoarchaeology team is done.

The anomaly Sen/Con 60% does give me a bonus when applied to sensor and control system research? (on that planet only I guess).

As of 1.9.x, yes. But Steve announced a change for 1.10 http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11306.msg131565#msg131565 Then, you will always get a smaller empire-wide bonus in one field once the anomaly/"ancient construct" is activated (edit: *and* the planet is inhabited; on a high-grav world that will mean habitats even to harvest only the "racial bonus".). But, the full bonus will still apply only to research on that body.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 12:28:24 PM by Second Foundationer »

The following users thanked this post: Kaiser