Author Topic: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 92815 times)

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2021, 03:15:12 PM »
That does sound like quite a lot. Is it possible that more than 1 shipyard (from the same construction order) completed in the same production cycle?

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2021, 03:15:45 PM »
That does sound like quite a lot. Is it possible that more than 1 shipyard (from the same construction order) completed in the same production cycle?

- Possibly, though I have no way to check for that AFAIK.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2021, 03:28:38 PM »

A naval shipyard costs 2400 BP, so to build two in a single production cycle would take 4800 BP over that 5-day (default) period. If you're a minimax player who uses 100% of construction capacity for a single build at a time, with 7500 factories this could happen if you have Construction Rate 50 BP or better, in fact you can probably pull this off with one or two levels lower tech if you have bonuses from colony and sector governors. It could also be possible to have overrun occur with a lower amount of BP, for example in a single construction cycle you might need 10 BP to finish the first shipyard and 2400 BP to build the next one from scratch, a total of 2410 which is obviously possible at a much lower level of tech/bonuses.

If these conditions sound like a match for your current game state (and 7500 factories is pretty late game, unless you're starting with something like 10 billion pop, so I wouldn't be surprised if you also have a high Construction Rate tech), this may be what is happening - multiple yards are completed and only one gets added to the SYs list.

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2021, 03:31:56 PM »

A naval shipyard costs 2400 BP, so to build two in a single production cycle would take 4800 BP over that 5-day (default) period. If you're a minimax player who uses 100% of construction capacity for a single build at a time, with 7500 factories this could happen if you have Construction Rate 50 BP or better, in fact you can probably pull this off with one or two levels lower tech if you have bonuses from colony and sector governors. It could also be possible to have overrun occur with a lower amount of BP, for example in a single construction cycle you might need 10 BP to finish the first shipyard and 2400 BP to build the next one from scratch, a total of 2410 which is obviously possible at a much lower level of tech/bonuses.

If these conditions sound like a match for your current game state (and 7500 factories is pretty late game, unless you're starting with something like 10 billion pop, so I wouldn't be surprised if you also have a high Construction Rate tech), this may be what is happening - multiple yards are completed and only one gets added to the SYs list.

- I've started with 12 Billion Pop, and my CON Rate is currently... 10? Whatever the base is for a TN start. I suppose that is the issue then, cheers!

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2021, 07:56:44 PM »
So I played several hours yesterday and much to my chagrin I could not reproduce my error either. Before I posted I saved, closed and was able to reproduce the error twice, so it's crazy that I couldn't again. Anyway, I played at least a decade with no issues, so really not sure what happened.

Offline whollaborg

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • w
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2021, 11:18:27 AM »
This obfuscation discourages me.  Also poor old eyes are not able to deal with the blue wavelengths, woe.  Otherwise good job.
The attachment is a picture of a design which, "is classed as a i for auto-assignment purposes"

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2021, 11:57:51 AM »
This obfuscation discourages me.  Also poor old eyes are not able to deal with the blue wavelengths, woe.  Otherwise good job.
The attachment is a picture of a design which, "is classed as a i for auto-assignment purposes"

The obfuscation is fixed in 1.14 so don't worry about it as it seems to be quite localized to the auto-assignment prompts.
But yeah I keep hearing that the blue color scheme really does a number on peoples eyes which is a big problem.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2021, 12:27:42 PM »
But yeah I keep hearing that the blue color scheme really does a number on peoples eyes which is a big problem.

If nothing else with the end of AuroraMod releases it would be nice if Steve would move the colors into a DB table, that way at least the average Aurora veteran who is fairly tech-savvy and can load a DB to change a few color codes has some recourse short of hex editing.

The following users thanked this post: papent, Ancalagon

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2021, 02:25:11 PM »
I can't really play it either. The blue color kills me  :'(

Offline bupro

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • b
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2021, 02:27:17 PM »
Code: [Select]
1.13.0 Function #2092: Value was too large or too small for a Decimal.
Started after installing orbital habitat on Venus.   
Happens whenever advancing time, persists after restart.   

Conventional start, real stars, 63yrs into game, no comma separator.   

Could be due to very small/large values in Venus economy, will reply if it stabilizes.   

My first bug report, thanks for the game.   
-----------
Update, did some fiddling:
Error message was appearing anytime Venus was selected in the economy tab as well.   Thought it might have been my preemptive setting of a CO2 target for Venus for decades ahead when I got to terraforming it. 
Putting a TF station in orbit solved reduced the frequency of the issue it seems. 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 03:23:38 PM by bupro »

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2021, 03:47:59 PM »
There's a bug with the reduced shot railguns. The component design shows a reduced power requirement for reduced shot weapons, but in the ship design screen, it appears they require the same amount of power as a full-size railgun. For example, a single shot C3 10cm railgun requires .75 power per the component design screen, but according to the ship design screen it requires 3 power.

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2021, 03:56:04 PM »

- A friendly reminder that Steve is colorblind. :)

The following users thanked this post: Keeplivin, Sebmono

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2021, 04:18:59 PM »

90% of the time is Nvidia settings that make the blue super bright to an extent that is disturbing. I noticed because I play on multiple stations, and some had the nice dark blue as it was in Aurora VB6.

In a couple, as I did not want to change the settings only for aurora, I have sorted launching the application in 8bit colors. Try that. It's not 100%, but worth a try.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2021, 04:22:23 PM »

- A friendly reminder that Steve is colorblind. :)

Wait for real? That does I suppose explain much of the issues that people have. I imagine its quite comfortable for him.

Offline Exultant

• Petty Officer
  • E
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2021, 08:35:12 AM »
The function number: 1951, 1943, 478
The complete error text An item with the same key has already been added Object reference not set to an instance of an object
The window affected main screen
What you were doing at the time Finishing a battle at the NPR homeworld (though there was some NPR-NPR fighting somewhere else in the galaxy just before the error)
Conventional or TN start TN
Random or Real Stars Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? No. US Layout
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Second time it happened, but since I suspect it's NPR related, I don't think I can reproduce on command.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well 65 years into a game.

The only other "unusual" thing happening is I have some ships massively overloaded with survivors I picked up from destroying the NPRs commercial shipping.