Author Topic: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 92819 times)

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
Re: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2021, 03:01:11 PM »
On the Naval Organization window, if you drag a Naval Admin Command into one of its own children, the game locks up (likely from an infinite loop as it tries to build the new hierarchy).

Probably the game should check to see if the dragged NAC is an ancestor of the target NAC, and either ignore the attempted change or remove the dragged NAC from the list prior to building the new hierarchy.

SJW: Can't reproduce. This is working fine for me.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 12:33:08 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Stryker

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2021, 03:58:56 PM »
There is a bug with use for replacement of ground forces.  I created a training battalion with an assortment of units, and set them to use for replacement.  The training battalion included a divisional hq, 2 brigade hqs and battalion hqs.  Use for replacement added the divisional hq and the bridge hq as well as supply vehicles to the battalion.  I don't use supply vehicles in my battalions but rather infantry supply dumps.  It also added artillery, construction vehicle, etc.

Note that none of these units are in the formation template.  Additionally, these units were not assigned to the unit series.

SJW: As noted in the posts below, this is working as intended
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 12:36:41 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2021, 04:31:54 PM »
Additionally, these units were not assigned to the unit series.

This is your problem. Unit replacement does not work if the units that your trying to replace do not belong in a unit series.

Though now that I reread your post, is the game just adding random units to the wrong formations? Can your please post the affected formations, both the replacer and the replacee.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2021, 05:41:30 PM »

This is your problem. Unit replacement does not work if the units that your trying to replace do not belong in a unit series.

Though now that I reread your post, is the game just adding random units to the wrong formations? Can your please post the affected formations, both the replacer and the replacee.

Replacements work only if every designed unit has a series counterpart. When designing a unit, you MUST also set up the series in the relative window after such a unit has been researched. It was highlighted in many other posts. I hope this helps.

Offline Stryker

• S
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2021, 06:40:29 PM »

Replacements work only if every designed unit has a series counterpart. When designing a unit, you MUST also set up the series in the relative window after such a unit has been researched. It was highlighted in many other posts. I hope this helps.

I know this.  I have the unit series set.  Read the post, replacement is adding units from other series that are not in the battalion formation.  Example: divisional hq.  The divisional hq is in it's own series.  It is used in the division formation and the division formation alone.  Yet it is being added to the battalion formation.  This is just an example.  The same thing is happening with main battle tank, brigade hqs, supply vehicles, etc.

Offline Stryker

• S
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2021, 07:12:02 PM »
Here are 4 screen shots, the unit series, infantry battalion formation, training battalion formation and an infantry battalion after replacement.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2021, 07:15:56 PM »
Here are 4 screen shots, the unit series, infantry battalion formation, training battalion formation and an infantry battalion after replacement.

Your 1st Infantry Battalion has its replacement template set as Training Battalion. Change this back to Infantry Battalion and it should behave correctly.

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2021, 07:17:29 PM »

Your 1st Infantry Battalion has its replacement template set as Training Battalion. Change this back to Infantry Battalion and it should behave correctly.

Yep, that is the only thing out of place atm.

Offline Stryker

• S
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2021, 07:48:36 PM »

I see.  It's using the whole template, rather than the series.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2021, 09:16:14 PM »

Think of the replacement template of a formation as the "target" template that formation is trying to achieve. It's going to get as close to the replacement template as it can by drawing units from relevant unit series from formations where you have checked "use for replacements".

Also worth noting that when placing units inside a unit series, place your most modern units of that series at the top of the corresponding list. When replacing units, the game will work from top-to-bottom for any given unit series.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2021, 09:20:27 PM »

To be precise: the "Replacement Template" is the template which the formation will try to pull replacement elements to match (from formations marked for use as replacements). If your infantry battalion has the "Training Battalion" as its replacement template, it will try to pull replacement elements from other formations to match the OOB of a Training Battalion.

The "Replacement Template" is not the type of formation from which reinforcements will be drawn. Understandable confusion.

The Unit Series system defines types of elements, not formations, and is really intended to be used to replace units of the same type which might have multiple versions. For example, your first Infantry Rifle might be researched with racial attack and armor of 8, and later you may research Infantry Rifle Mk II with attack/armor 10 and place it in the same series. This allows replacements to be pulled from the older mark if the newer mark is not available, or allows formations composed of older units to be replenished with newer models. This aside, the important thing is that while Series and Templates work together they are two different systems not to be confused.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2021, 04:41:18 AM »
In the class design screen, on "Race Components", when a component is selected opening and closing a category (ex. Engine) will add that component to the ship.

I can't reproduce this one - anyone else have a similar problem?

Offline DeMatt

• D
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2021, 06:08:45 AM »
In the class design screen, on "Race Components", when a component is selected opening and closing a category (ex. Engine) will add that component to the ship.

I can't reproduce this one - anyone else have a similar problem?
I was able to reproduce - select a component in one category (e.g. Fuel Storage - Small), then open and close a different category (e.g. Crew Quarters), and the selected component will get added.  The category-clicking needs to be on the +/- icon in the tree, and the clicking needs to be fairly quick - a double-click, as it were.

Continuing, if you switch to the "Class Components" tab and do the same process, the component will be removed from the ship.  The crew/armor recalculation/refresh will deselect the component in between each removal.  You can switch to "Wide View" to view both the Race and Class Components simultaneously, but it doesn't work cross-panel - Race component + Race category, or Class + Class, not Race + Class.

Offline stabliser

« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2021, 07:20:22 AM »
Aliens attacked Earth and reduced one of the shipyards to -13 slipways.  Its not a big problem but I think they intended to stop destroying slipways at zero.    That was 30+ years into the Eample game in the database, I didnt save.   :-[ ::)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2021, 09:16:09 AM »
There's a bug with the reduced shot railguns. The component design shows a reduced power requirement for reduced shot weapons, but in the ship design screen, it appears they require the same amount of power as a full-size railgun. For example, a single shot C3 10cm railgun requires .75 power per the component design screen, but according to the ship design screen it requires 3 power.

Seems to be working fine on the ship design for me. Could you post a screenshot of the problem?