Author Topic: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 92803 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #345 on: May 23, 2021, 10:21:51 AM »
If you use the "Launch Ready Ordnance" command, the mines erroneously disappear immediately (you don't even see them appear on the map even after a 5-second interval) unless a target is already within range, making them unusable as a long-term static defense.

Do you get any event associated with the disappearance of the missiles? Also, have the missiles been deducted from the magazine?

When using "Launch Ready Ordnance", the missiles are indeed deducted from the magazine. There is an entry in the fleet history that indicates the order took place. The only event log message is the one indicating the fleet "completed orders".

If there is an enemy already within range, the second stages will immediately appear (you never see the first stage) and they will target the enemy.

I have found a bug that would fit the behaviour described. I'm surprised this hasn't come up before, but fixed now.

The following users thanked this post: Ancalagon

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #346 on: May 23, 2021, 10:22:52 AM »
It could simply be that right now all missiles without targets, even buoys, auto-self destruct if there is no target in range.

Yes, that is what it seems is happening. Fixed for v1.14.

The following users thanked this post: db48x, Ancalagon, Zhukov, ISN

Offline Cobaia

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • C
« Reply #347 on: May 23, 2021, 11:58:32 AM »
Hello everyone,

Is it just me or do you guys can build Stations with prototype components?

Offline Azuraal

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #348 on: May 23, 2021, 12:35:23 PM »
Game option "Generate non-TN races only" doesn't seem to work. The game generates standard NPRs with ships and everything, that proceeds to explore and expand as normal.

Happened twice to me, once on a conventional start, the second time on standard. I'm sure in both cases that I set the starting NPR number to 0.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #349 on: May 23, 2021, 06:05:17 PM »
Hello everyone,

Is it just me or do you guys can build Stations with prototype components?

Yes, already fixed for v1.14. See the changes list.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=12523.0

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #350 on: May 23, 2021, 06:10:36 PM »
Game option "Generate non-TN races only" doesn't seem to work. The game generates standard NPRs with ships and everything, that proceeds to explore and expand as normal.

Happened twice to me, once on a conventional start, the second time on standard. I'm sure in both cases that I set the starting NPR number to 0.

The 'Generate non-TN races only' option only applies to races generated after start. As far as I can tell, the option is working as intended.

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #351 on: May 23, 2021, 07:48:57 PM »
Free Research Centers Received?

I had been researching Missile Launcher Reload Rate 3 using a scientist with a Research Admin rating of 20, but only using 4 Research Centers. Other than that, all research centers on Earth were in use. At the time I was both building research centers, transporting some in from a xenoarchaeology dig, and also gathering intel on an alien race I had detected using ELINT modules.

Not sure what the specific trigger was, but in one turn I got notification that I had stolen information on Visible Light Lasers from the alien race, I had either built or transferred an RC to Earth such that 1 inactive research center on Earth was available, and that my team on Earth completed research into Missile Launcher Reload Rate 3. However, when I went to queue my next research project, I found 21 Research Centers available instead of my expected 5 (4 previously use + 1 new RC). Potentially what happened is when the project finished I was given the scientist's fill Research Admin rating of labs in addition to the new one (20 Admin rating + 1 new one). When I queued the next research project using the same 4 labs, that left with with 17 to assign out. DB attached.

Offline kyonkundenwa

• Chief Petty Officer
  • k
« Reply #352 on: May 23, 2021, 08:05:38 PM »

I had been researching Missile Launcher Reload Rate 3 using a scientist with a Research Admin rating of 20, but only using 4 Research Centers. Other than that, all research centers on Earth were in use. At the time I was both building research centers, transporting some in from a xenoarchaeology dig, and also gathering intel on an alien race I had detected using ELINT modules.

Not sure what the specific trigger was, but in one turn I got notification that I had stolen information on Visible Light Lasers from the alien race, I had either built or transferred an RC to Earth such that 1 inactive research center on Earth was available, and that my team on Earth completed research into Missile Launcher Reload Rate 3. However, when I went to queue my next research project, I found 21 Research Centers available instead of my expected 5 (4 previously use + 1 new RC). Potentially what happened is when the project finished I was given the scientist's fill Research Admin rating of labs in addition to the new one (20 Admin rating + 1 new one). When I queued the next research project using the same 4 labs, that left with with 17 to assign out. DB attached.

I didn't look at your DB but I give it a 99% chance that you have an idle energy weapons scientist who was previously researching Visible Light Lasers with ~17 labs.
I looked at your DB this time, I think you just forgot who had the labs. Your MK guy Yasir Yousif took over two months (16 May to 28 July) to finish a 2K RP tech (reload 2), which indicates he was producing about 10K RP per year and thus had 4 labs as expected. He then finished a 4K tech (reload 3) in one month which indicates that he was producing around 50K RP per year and thus was maxed out at 20 labs the whole time, you just didn't notice.
Your low-lab CP guy started working on Wealth Production 160 the same cycle that Yasir Yousif started working on Reload 2, and finished on the same cycle as him as well. That's a 10K tech in a little over two months, indicating ~20 labs of production. I'm guessing you had 20 labs dedicated to him (intentionally or not) and you accidentally transferred them to Yasir Yousif when they both finished working on the same cycle.

Labs can also get assigned unexpectedly when you're using the Assign (N)ew feature and somebody finishes their work on the same cycle that a new lab becomes available but I'm not sure if that happened here because you don't seem to be using the assign new feature.

You can always load up your backup DBs (assuming they're not from decades before) and check to see if 172 labs total is sensible based on how many you had before.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 08:49:15 PM by kyonkundenwa »

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #353 on: May 23, 2021, 08:09:38 PM »

I didn't look at your DB but I give it a 99% chance that you have an idle energy weapons scientist who was previously researching Visible Light Lasers with ~17 labs.

Surprisingly not! This run has been 100% Particle Beams/Lances, other than Gauss Cannons for point defense.

EDIT: kyonkundenwa thanks for taking the time to look through the DB. I think you may be right and I may have just missed the Wealth Production 160 finishing. I didn't think I had maxed him on labs but now I'm not sure and based on your math it sounds like I likely had. Thanks for taking the time to do the analysis!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 02:03:28 PM by ChubbyPitbull »

Online Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #354 on: May 24, 2021, 12:21:23 PM »
Dissapearing NPR ground forces
I have been having problems with NPR's seemingly having no ground forces. So on this start I created the NPR's including one on Venus then saved the game. As a test I then SM'd a colony on the world and several regiments of ground troops, ground combat started and troops were killed on both sides.
So I returned to the saved game and then proceded to fight a war, now I have invaded Venus and have had no ground fighting but have been informed that enemy ground forces have been defeated and I need more troops to occupy the colony.
It seems that all 4 NPR's in the system have lost their ground troops in 2 months of game time without anything being done to them. I don't think this is intended behaviour.

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #355 on: May 24, 2021, 07:15:44 PM »
220x missiles fired, 220x missiles detonated against the enemy NPR STOs and STO-PDs. No point defense beam fire was observed. This NPR outtechs me and has pretty good ship-based PD tech.

Is NPR STO PD working as intended? Seems like it didn't fire at all.

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #356 on: May 24, 2021, 07:42:24 PM »
Also, while bombarding the NPR homeworld I got function error #755 one time.

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #357 on: May 24, 2021, 08:29:34 PM »
Mineral packets arriving at a planet which has no mass drivers do not cause any explosive side-effects. They just disappear when they reach the target body.

SJW: Working as Intended. I changed this to avoid the regular new player problem of destroying their own colonies by accident :)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 05:09:13 AM by Steve Walmsley »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #358 on: May 25, 2021, 05:07:36 AM »
Dissapearing NPR ground forces
I have been having problems with NPR's seemingly having no ground forces. So on this start I created the NPR's including one on Venus then saved the game. As a test I then SM'd a colony on the world and several regiments of ground troops, ground combat started and troops were killed on both sides.
So I returned to the saved game and then proceded to fight a war, now I have invaded Venus and have had no ground fighting but have been informed that enemy ground forces have been defeated and I need more troops to occupy the colony.
It seems that all 4 NPR's in the system have lost their ground troops in 2 months of game time without anything being done to them. I don't think this is intended behaviour.

Has anyone else seen this bug? I checked the NPRs in my recent campaign and they still have all their ground forces.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #359 on: May 25, 2021, 05:16:39 AM »
220x missiles fired, 220x missiles detonated against the enemy NPR STOs and STO-PDs. No point defense beam fire was observed. This NPR outtechs me and has pretty good ship-based PD tech.

Is NPR STO PD working as intended? Seems like it didn't fire at all.

What was the time increment used? I assume the four minute increment length was an interrupted longer increment. STO weapons only have a short detection range, so the missiles probably passed through that detection range in a single sub-pulse and the NPR was therefore unable to detect them before impact.