Author Topic: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 92832 times)

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #480 on: August 13, 2021, 08:18:44 AM »
I found a bug in the medal system.

When you set a medal with "Allow Multiple Awards" it will give it to the officer but will not be displayed in the medal rack. So it will only show one medal regardless the amount of them you award it to the officer.

In the file attached I awarded two times the same medal to the officer and it is only shown once.

I'm fairly certain this is WAI, as otherwise such medals could easily clutter and overwhelm the UI space.

Offline idefelipe

• Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #481 on: August 13, 2021, 11:55:12 AM »
What is WAI?

And there is a loooot of space to repeat as many times as you need any medal in the medal rack :)

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #482 on: August 13, 2021, 11:56:55 AM »
What is WAI?

And there is a loooot of space to repeat as many times as you need any medal in the medal rack :)

Working as intended. Usually comes up when a behavior is not what a player wants, but is (probably) working the way Steve wants it to.

Usually if something is not a bug, but WAI, the correct follow-up is to re-post in the suggestions thread. For some reason people don't like doing this though.

Offline idefelipe

• Lieutenant
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #483 on: August 13, 2021, 11:59:52 AM »
Ok. Well, if Steve confirms this is a WAI then I will post it in the suggestions thread. Meanwhile I think it is a bug (if you look at military general medals rack you will see sometimes that medals are repeated because the same could be awarded several times to the same officer)

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #484 on: August 13, 2021, 06:44:26 PM »
A science vessel of mine was just destroyed, and I got two sets of events telling me about the death of my commander: one listing him as the C.O. and a second listing him as the science officer. I know I had a science officer assigned to the ship because I also got a separate event telling me about the death of a different officer. After further testing on my other guinea pigs science vessels, I think the issue shows up specifically when the bridge is destroyed prior to the whole ship being lost. This might just be a purely cosmetic issue, so probably not a high priority.

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #485 on: August 15, 2021, 07:32:18 PM »
If some ships in a fleet are damaged and detached, it seems that orders to join that fleet will be removed from other fleet's order lists.

Offline Kamilo

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • K
« Reply #486 on: August 16, 2021, 12:37:50 PM »
I have an ECCM installed on my ship but I can't select it in the ship combat.

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #487 on: August 16, 2021, 12:44:08 PM »
Join fleet orders don't respect jump points.

Setup: produce one slow ship, say a terraformer in Sol system.  Send it off to its destination in another system, say "Tarn Vedra" a journey that will take months.  Now produce another one in Sol, and while the first ship is still in the production system have it join the first fleet. 

Expected result: the ships have identical speed, so #2 won't catch up to #1 until #1 arrives at its destination.

Expected failure: When fleet #1 jumps Fleet #2 orders error out due to invalid target.

Actual result: fleet #2 chases the real-space position of fleet #1, irrespective of the solar system where Fleet #1 resides.  When Fleet #1 jumps to Tarn Vedra Fleet #2 changes its course to intercept fleet #1 as if fleet #1 had teleported to the exit coordinates of the jump point of the sol jump point (in Tarn Vedra) but within sol system.  Once Fleet #2 reaches the corresponding x,y coordinate in Sol system currently occupied by fleet #1 in Tarn Vedra system the join fleet command is satisfied and fleet #2 joins fleet #1

no error code
13 year old game
player race and naval organization windows
terraforming a planet one system over from Sol
v1.13.0, TN start, decimal separator
easy to reproduce

See attached database - fleets TR Sierra 1 002 (fleet #2) and Terraformer 2b (fleet #1)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 12:32:46 PM by bankshot »

Offline Elminster

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #488 on: August 17, 2021, 01:15:28 AM »
I have an ECCM installed on my ship but I can't select it in the ship combat.
If it is a refit, as a workaround try clicking "Auto-Assign FC".
When this helps, that's a reported bug. :)

Offline Demonius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #489 on: August 25, 2021, 05:19:08 PM »
If you use SM mode to edit the minerals on a planet, it reads coru-m-dium instead of corundium

But only in active edit mode, after save it is displayed correctly

Mat93412

« Reply #490 on: August 26, 2021, 02:42:25 AM »
I have got a bug, I recently captured an alien planet with its shipyards intact, it also came with a large population of aliens, however for some reason there were no installations to find or uncover so i used space master to spawn them in.  the issue is with the shipyards, every game tick it gives me a message saying #function 2186 attempting to divide by zero.  none of the shipyards show up in the shipyard screen for the planet despite 100 million people being employed in the role

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #491 on: August 26, 2021, 03:29:16 AM »
I have got a bug, I recently captured an alien planet with its shipyards intact, it also came with a large population of aliens, however for some reason there were no installations to find or uncover so i used space master to spawn them in.  the issue is with the shipyards, every game tick it gives me a message saying #function 2186 attempting to divide by zero.  none of the shipyards show up in the shipyard screen for the planet despite 100 million people being employed in the role

Hello and welcome to the forum. Please register your account so you can post normally in the future and we don't have to manually approve of each post. Also, once you've posted ten times, your links will start working.

This sounds like a esoteric bug that I don't believe we've encountered before. Could you upload your database somewhere and link it so Steve could have a closer look, please.

Mat93412

« Reply #492 on: August 26, 2021, 05:43:27 AM »
Thanks for just applied for the permissions to the forum, any way here is the link https://drive. google. com/file/d/1_NPhSLZ8E_IPUG5gTJ2sDyk1nh-J-hkT/view?usp=sharing.  that should contain my database.  do note, that this is my first run-through of the game (enjoying it a lot) but because of that, I have made a lot of screw-ups so I used space master a bit to recover.   so the bug may be caused by that.     

ill give you the actions concerning the planet just in case that helps narrow it down.  at the start of the game, I gave myself a lot of research points and build points to get familiar with the game.  when I found the alien world we started a war, which I won due to higher-tech, however, the planet had something like 300,000 ground troops, so after a failed invasion, I tried to nuke the planet from orbit but they had ALOT of STO so it took over an hour to kill even 10% of the ground troops, I used SM to create a massive bombardment ship, and nuked the planet a lot, (2000 or so nukes at once) I then did some reading and found that with a certain build it was possible to win so used SM again to make a ground force and invaded.  after that, I decided to use SM to retiform the world to habitable, as if I had known it was possible to attack I would have not nuked the world.  after capturing the world it gave me the pop but no installations or buried installations so I used a random number generator to generate installations.  I also found that the spaceports that the planet had used almost 600 million people so I used SM to delete a few.  i think i might have also told the remaining spaceports to expand.  sometime after that, I started to get the bugs. 
hopefully, something in that helps you figure out what the hell happened.

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #493 on: August 26, 2021, 11:19:55 AM »
"Show next tech" does not seem to properly take into account minimum jump engine size for squadron jumps.

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
« Reply #494 on: August 26, 2021, 12:13:02 PM »
I recently assaulted the enemy homeworld and am getting some weird, related issues.    First, I destroyed their shipyards using beam ships, and while the shipyard signature disappeared, the ships kept firing and I kept getting events saying slipways were being destroyed.    Finally I just stopped and moved on with the invasion.    After I captured the planet, it is showing about -90 million works in the shipbuilding industry on the Summary tab.    On the Shipyards tab, it lists two shipyards, both Naval type, with -14 and -28 Slipways.    The Available Slipways shows the same negative numbers.    The Mod rate is still positive, though.    There are no assigned classes, and no current activity, and the Capacity is positive for both (11,200 and 8000, respectively).   

This may potentially be related to the one the new member above just posted, too.   

Update 8/28/21: I tried retooling, and it let me, so I tried ordering construction and it just made the number of slots available go further negative. . .  forever.  I now have infinite slipways! As cool/handy as that it, that's a bridge too far for me (not to mention the -90M pop I get for free), so I deleted the two bugged shipyards and everything appears to be back to normal now.  Still may be a bug worth hunting down and fixing if it's easy, but it's not a game-breaker and you can fix it yourself, so low priority.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 03:10:44 PM by nakorkren »